20/21 League Cup Group G

Arch Stanton

Annoyingly good fixtures for what are likely to be closed door affairs. Thistle away on a Saturday would have been first choice for the pub crawl. Morton away would have closely followed given the number of their ex-players we have and their deep love for our manager. 

On 17/08/2020 at 15:10, Dunning1874 said:

Efn-Y6DWsAIgWsj.jpeg.thumb.jpg.6f8b4a3d287c243040ff63ec02b2afc1.jpg

That's the flip of a couple of years ago where we got the two away games first and were papped out before our home support had seen us kick a ball.

Not saying we'll win these home games, mind you.

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Should scoosh it yes. You should see some of the groups we have failed to scoosh in the past.

The pressure is well and truly on us. Might be a welcomed break from the league.

The fact that you have had weeks of competitive football and everyone else in the group hasnt should mean an easy group win. Anything else would be the ultimate embarrassment for your lot.

18 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Should scoosh it yes. You should see some of the groups we have failed to scoosh in the past.

The pressure is well and truly on us. Might be a welcomed break from the league.

You've been playing competitively for weeks now, started pre-season weeks before the rest of us, and you're the Premiership club (although maybe haven't had a good last few weeks, fair enough), you've got to win this group surely. 

On 27/09/2020 at 12:13, Doonhamer doon south said:

Not long to go now until the start of the group. How does each team's squads look at the moment on paper and friendly performances?

I don't think we'll get anything against St. Mirren, but I fancy us to at least take the game to the 2 Championship sides. We've got a good record in the group stages usually, but all focus for us will be on the league this season, if we put in decent performances, but don't qualify, I think we'd accept it. 

St. Mirren should top the group with ease, but 2-5 is very much open, Queen's Park have a good squad too. 

If St Mirren don't walk this group they should ashamed of themselves. I actually expect us to finish bottom if I'm honest. I really couldn't care at this point. We'll be struggling to stay up this year so this competition can get in the bin as far as I'm concerned. I doubt there will be any crowds any time soon, if at all this season so the big money spinner is likely off the cards as well.

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

If St Mirren don't walk this group they should ashamed of themselves. I actually expect us to finish bottom if I'm honest. I really couldn't care at this point. We'll be struggling to stay up this year so this competition can get in the bin as far as I'm concerned. I doubt there will be any crowds any time soon, if at all this season so the big money spinner is likely off the cards as well.

Don’t disagree with your general point but I think financially the competition is still quite worthwhile even with no fans. There is more sponsorship money the higher you finish, even more if you progress plus the potential for tv money. I expect us to finish bottom as well but wouldn’t write that off as unimportant.

How do Queens fan's think they will line up on Tues?

Difficult to predict  with us as we have a lot of options. Absolute guessing, something like this;

McAdams

Salkeld Ledger Fjortoft Strapp

McAlister Jacobs

Mcpake. Colville Nesbitt

Orsi.

Bench

McGinty, Omar, Lyon, McGuffie, Oliver,  Mcavier and Wylie 

Wallace, Millar, McLean, Blues, Muirhead in the stand.

Our squad is too big.

Edited by madton

The fact that you have had weeks of competitive football and everyone else in the group hasnt should mean an easy group win. Anything else would be the ultimate embarrassment for your lot.
You've been playing competitively for weeks now, started pre-season weeks before the rest of us, and you're the Premiership club (although maybe haven't had a good last few weeks, fair enough), you've got to win this group surely. 
I don't disagree. It will be an embarrassment if we don't qualify (covid forfeits aside), the pressure is definitely on us.

What I am saying is we have failed to qualify from some piss easy groups. I don't even want to look back at them to provide the evidence.

In normal circumstances this would have been a banana skin for us, in these circumstances we just have to qualify.

No idea what we’ll be like and the season might turn out to be the biggest shit-show of all time... but still can’t wait for tomorrow night.

Hopefully we’ll get streams that actually work, virtual houndings of McKinnon and O’Ware, and a few games to get match fit for the Murn.

Be nice to start with a confident win over the Good Queens.