Staggies v Killie

I'm more than happy with a point from that considering how much Killie dominated the first 20-25 of the second half. We turned a lot of leads into defeats last season and I feared this one was heading the same way.

Burke and Power might be my two favourite non-County players in the league. They caused us problems every time they had the ball.

1 minute ago, Ocular Patdown Required said:

No idea why we only made one change

To be fair, Killie looked a lot less tired than County did. County looked knackered after 70 minutes or so with a few exceptions.

Would like to see the penalty decision again - from the arthouse angle provided by the work-experience boy who was doing the directing for County TV, it looked like Burke's hands were up, but it wasn't clear if the ball hit them. Didn't think we needed to make a sub at the end - we were on top and looked the most likely, until stoppage time at least.

Just now, craigkillie said:

Would like to see the penalty decision again - from the arthouse angle provided by the work-experience boy who was doing the directing for County TV, it looked like Burke's hands were up, but it wasn't clear if the ball hit them. Didn't think we needed to make a sub at the end - we were on top and looked the most likely, until stoppage time at least.

It looked very soft, especially considering the ref waved away what looked like a handball from Stewart earlier in the half.

I can only comment on the game from after the goal as that’s only where I saw from.

Thought County were pretty poor on the ball for the majority of the game. Lots of slack passes and just all round sloppy play. I thought we were fairly solid defensively for the majority; first goal was not the defence’s fault as I have no idea what Vigurs was even trying to do. Second goal was a great ball through to Burke (can’t mind who played it)but Laidlaw should’ve done better at his near post.

For the last 20 I personally felt we looked a lot better on the ball and there was an intent to actually keep it instead of hitting the channel every time. The penalty is very harsh and if I was a Killie fan/player I would be very annoyed about it but I’m not so I’m not very annoyed about it. Last 10 mins could’ve gone either way and both teams had decent chances to win it but over the piece a draw probably does seem fair.

3 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It looked very soft, especially considering the ref waved away what looked like a handball from Stewart earlier in the half.

Didn't think the Stewart one was a pen - it definitely hit his hand but it seemed to be by his side.

We desreved a point, could have been more if Stewarts tremedous strike had gone in. A really well worked opener for us.

To go a goal behind and to not give up was pleasing to see. We cant win every game and still in third so a great nights work.

To go a goal behind and to not give up was pleasing to see. We cant win every game and still in third so a great nights work.

This.

The boys went behind for the first time this season and, albeit with a bit of luck, got themselves back into the game which shows great character.

Pretty gutting to come out with that with only a point, given that we probably should have had a penalty in the first half and we had a pretty much identical penalty decision to County's not awarded in the second.

Based on the games we've had so far I fear another season of playing well but not picking up the points tally that we deserve.

The YouTube highlights aren’t wonderful... but from the angles given it doesn’t look like a penalty on Burke, and it’s literally impossible to see what the County penalty was given for.  Some nice attacking stuff by both teams, it would appear though.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

The YouTube highlights aren’t wonderful... but from the angles given it doesn’t look like a penalty on Burke, and it’s literally impossible to see what the County penalty was given for.  Some nice attacking stuff by both teams, it would appear though.

They put the first Killie goal in as a replay for the second strike from Burke for some reason.

Can't see what the County penalty was given for. The ball looks like it has come off Burke's back as he turned and the referee has thought it came off his hand / arm. Looks like County dodged one with Stewart looking like he handled it. Dodgy calls or not it looked like a pretty entertaining game albeit based on a few minutes of highlights.

I really need to get Burke into my fantasy team ASAP...

Edited by RiG

3 hours ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Interesting to find out how many Killie fans forked out the £15 PPV. County will be quids in this year ie 1000+ x £15 rather than 300 x £24 PATG.

I watched the match on a deckchair in the back garden on the iPad with a cold can of beer.

The game was easy to watch for free. I doubt many paid to watch it.