Staggies v Killie

Big game for County on Wednesday - correct me if I'm wrong but I suspect Killie fans would probably say it's a big game for them too? It's been widely discussed how well County have started the season, albeit narrow winning margins. Killie have had tougher opening fixtures - despite County's progress will they look at this game as "more winnable"?

Same starting 11 for us wouldn't surprise me and it'd be hard to argue. I wouldn't object to Mullin in for Erwin though.

I'd take another 1-0, but I think there'll be more goals this time.

Heart says 2-1. Head says 1-1.

As I’ve said before, Erwin is not a winger so I’d like to see Mullin starting on Wednesday as he did make a difference on Saturday. There may be a couple of changes purely because of some early fixture congestion but hopefully we see a very similar squad.

Would take a draw as I thought Killie were extremely solid defensively yesterday against Celtic and I can probably see another low-scoring game.

i think this is a winnable game, but Killie willl look at this as a chance to take points.

Only change I'd make is Mullin for Erwin.

2-1, Mckay and Stewart.

59 minutes ago, The Great Stagsby said:

Big game for County on Wednesday - correct me if I'm wrong but I suspect Killie fans would probably say it's a big game for them too? 

On the one hand, we don’t want you going 8 points ahead of us after 3 games.  On the other hand, it’s just 3 games into the season.

I suppose, on balance, it’s an impossible reach to care. 

Killie looked good defensively against Celtic, however they were sitting deep defensively so it's hard to gauge how this game will go. I think we have every chance of winning this and should go out looking to do so. Kabamba could be a tricky player for Donaldson and Iacovitti to deal with. I'd like to see Mullin or RCC come in for Erwin although I've not been as disappointed as everyone else seems to be with his performances. Harry Paton is the key man for us at the moment so the best way to stop our attacks is to stop the ball getting into his feet.

I think a cagey 1-1 draw.

It's in these games where we'll have to judge the manager.  Yesterday we looked like a well coached, well drilled outfit - but we did the same against the OF last season and our year was punctuated with ludicrous moments of poor game management.  

Despite the start that County have made, it's our most winnable game so far.  After losing to such a late winner - from an ex-player as well - last season, it'd be great to make amends in this fixture.  However, there's still question marks about our goalkeeper - I'm going 1-1.

I can see this being a scoring draw, County have had a brilliant start and fair play to them. In terms of how we line up, I'd imagine we'd play a very similar team to the team that started against Celtic as it'd be very harsh to drop anyone after that performance. If I was Aaron McGowan I'd be starting to worry about when I'd get a chance to break into the team!

As much as we've played well in the last two games, this is a totally different test because it's a game that we should be looking to go out and control. Therefore I think we should be thinking about bringing Brophy in to play with Kabamba in the hope of getting a few more shots on target than we've managed in the previous two.

It's hard to work out how to set up to get him in the team though, because I wouldn't necessarily want to drop any of the midfield three. Maybe McKenzie can drop out (he might be injured anyway) and Tshibola can come off the left, similar to what El Makrini did in the Aberdeen cup game. Kiltie would maybe count himself unlucky too if that happens though.

It's a nice dilemma to have compared to last year where it was the opposite scenario of the only criteria to start in an attacking position being to have a pulse.

Thought we were good but obviously lucky against Motherwell with the missed penalty. I thought we were outstanding against Hamilton. Really like the squad and the balance in it this year compared to last year. Too early to say if it's a trend with Kettlewell alone vs the duo last year but so far we look like we have a plan to play some nice stuff where last year the plan was clearly to grind things out a bit more. In my mind that style suits the players, Vigurs and Paton in particular. We had 61% possession away from home against a dogged Hamilton side and that's just not what County normally do. Its early but really promising for us. 

Having said all that, I cant see another County clean sheet but we do look like we have goals in us too. 2-1 or maybe 1-1. 

2 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

This still on tomorrow? 

I'm wondering that myself, doesn't appear to be any mention of it getting called off thus far though. Fingers crossed it goes ahead provided everyone is free of the virus. 

Just now, Andy_K_97 said:

I'm wondering that myself, doesn't appear to be any mention of it getting called off thus far though. Fingers crossed it goes ahead provided everyone is free of the virus. 

Hopefully if everyone is clear it goes ahead, Mental how one idiots actions can affect the whole league like this.

Just now, staggy1929 said:

Hopefully if everyone is clear it goes ahead, Mental how one idiots actions can affect the whole league like this.

The weird thing I find about it, as @craigkillie said on twitter that schoolkids who test negative are getting told to go back to school and carry on as normal, yet even though Bolingoli and other players have been tested twice and both tests are negative their games are off. 

If they are calling off the Celtic game for the reasons mentioned, I don't see how this one can go ahead. The whole "clusterfuck waiting to happen" thing is happening quite early.

Sturgeo and Leitch have only specifically mentioned the Celtic and Aberdeen games being off, so assuming we're still playing. I watched the Celtic/Killie game and I think we'll have a hard time breaking them down, and Kabamba might absolutely body our CBs. Thinking a 2-1 defeat where we struggle to move into the final third but score from a set piece.