Motherwell v Livingston 12.08.20 - Relegation Joust.

It's a not-even-veiled dig at Chris Long. He was offered a new deal before the end of the season and didn't re-sign until 10th July which was almost a month after our pre-season started (the assumption being that he had been holding out to get a better move) and save hitting the post against County he's been virtually anonymous in all 3 games so far. 
Last night he had 16 touches of the ball in almost 80 mins and didn't manage a shot on goal, Saturday it was 15 touches in 65 mins and against County it was 14 in 71 mins. For context White (who wasn't exactly dominating the game) had 35 touches in 90 mins and Dykes had 53 for you guys.
Didn't the second Motherwell goal come from Chris Long's play though?

20 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
32 minutes ago, capt_oats said:
It's a not-even-veiled dig at Chris Long. He was offered a new deal before the end of the season and didn't re-sign until 10th July which was almost a month after our pre-season started (the assumption being that he had been holding out to get a better move) and save hitting the post against County he's been virtually anonymous in all 3 games so far. 
Last night he had 16 touches of the ball in almost 80 mins and didn't manage a shot on goal, Saturday it was 15 touches in 65 mins and against County it was 14 in 71 mins. For context White (who wasn't exactly dominating the game) had 35 touches in 90 mins and Dykes had 53 for you guys.

Naw no having that … …  he fell over the ball it hit a Livi player and rebounded in the path of Campbell 

26 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Might just be my lack of Motherwell knowledge shining through, but it came across as a dig at DT to me?

Nah, he's generally been talking DT up. His comments last night sounded like he was calling a few out based on their recent form.

Also, I could be wrong, but in the post match it sounds like he says he thought 'Sherwin and David done well".

23 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

It did but it was more him losing possession and Campbell getting the break of the ball. Maybe I'm just being unkind though.

giphy.gif

I mean, I'm not saying Chris Long's pish - he was very good for us last season but he's been nowhere near it in the first few games.

26 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Nah, he's generally been talking DT up. His comments last night sounded like he was calling a few out based on their recent form.

Also, I could be wrong, but in the post match it sounds like he says he thought 'Sherwin and David done well".

I listened to it again, and he gave plaudits to Jordan White, Bevis, and Sherwin 'in phases done well'   (26 seconds in)
DT got hooked, you'd have thought just a lack of peak match fitness and protecting his most saleable asset... but perhaps he thought he's not playing at his best either.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

I listened to it again, and he gave plaudits to Jordan White, Bevis, and Sherwin 'in phases done well'   (26 seconds in)
DT got hooked, you'd have thought just a lack of peak match fitness and protecting his most saleable asset... but perhaps he thought he's not playing at his best either.
His comments to the press confirm DT isn't one of them:

"David Turnbull is one of the ones who should be strolling about thinking he can get a move but he’s not. He’s one of our boys who gets on with it.

And he’ll get better and better"

Long is an awful player with an awful attitude. I have no idea why we re signed him and why we have continued to play him. Rotten doesn't cover it.

Listened to a few different interviews from last night from the various media sources. Didn't sound like it was only Long the comments were directed towards.

So from a process of elimination of folk that were not mention I was thinking Long, Gallagher, Hastie? I'd be surprised at Gallagher tbh but who knows maybe he has become billy big balls?

Long + Jake the snake seem like culprits to me but Hastie wasn't on for very long.

Does anyone know what Watt has done to piss off Robinson? Starting to think its a fitness thing or something because it is criminal the lack of action he's been given.

59 minutes ago, Luke92 said:

Listened to a few different interviews from last night from the various media sources. Didn't sound like it was only Long the comments were directed towards.

So from a process of elimination of folk that were not mention I was thinking Long, Gallagher, Hastie? I'd be surprised at Gallagher tbh but who knows maybe he has become billy big balls?

Long + Jake the snake seem like culprits to me but Hastie wasn't on for very long.

Does anyone know what Watt has done to piss off Robinson? Starting to think its a fitness thing or something because it is criminal the lack of action he's been given.

He specifically mentioned those coming back and those not playing and their attitude to not playing. 

Those coming back include Long, OHara and Watt possibly.

Those not playing include Watt, Hylton and Polworth. 

I think on the basis of how good those players could be and how they have started or not started the season it probably covers them. Gallagher has been under par and u wonder whether he may be included in terms of reference to possible moves not coming off etc. 

Re Long. There is a player there but we ALL knew he had a strange attitude and so that should hardly come as a surprise. I said I would welcome him back if he applies himself.  It is so disappointing when players who have the ability just cannae be arsed putting in the hard work. 

As for the 2nd Livi goal. Again form right back and not tracking runner. Grimmy actually runs forward as if to play offside or f**k knows what. Why is nobody thinking I will follow the Livi player that is going to be played through. It was THAT obvious. Seems like I am always having a go at Grimshaw but nothing I have seen so far suggests he will not cost us continually. He just does not seem to have any awareness of what is going on around him. 

Edited by welldaft

2 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

His comments to the press confirm DT isn't one of them:

"David Turnbull is one of the ones who should be strolling about thinking he can get a move but he’s not. He’s one of our boys who gets on with it.

And he’ll get better and better"

Long is an awful player with an awful attitude. I have no idea why we re signed him and why we have continued to play him. Rotten doesn't cover it.

Looks like a player that just tries when things are going good, has an expression of being pissed off and can't be arsed when it aint.

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

He specifically mentioned those coming back and those not playing and their attitude to not playing. 

Those coming back include Long, OHara and Watt possibly.

Those not playing include Watt, Hylton and Polworth. 

Of "those coming back" Hastie is surely the most obvious (along with Long).

5 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Of "those coming back" Hastie is surely the most obvious (along with Long).

Forgot Hastie. 
He is an obvious candidate based on what little he has delivered so far. 
I am a Robinson fan but it was his decision to bring back both Long and Hastie.  He needs more from both of them. We all need more form both of them.

in Robbos defence he thought he knew what he would be getting with both rather than a couple of gambles. But so far it is not bearing fruit.