Motherwell v Livingston 12.08.20 - Relegation Joust.

13 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Not quite sure where to start. How can you see Devine getting the nod at LCB? Some first team experience on loan - certainly not left sided.

A shout for Johnston? Not seeing that at all, especially at his young age.

A big performance from Mark O’Hara? Clutching at straws...

Granted that it may be too early for Johnston. Only put his name out there due to positive reports elsewhere.

As for Devine . Clearly not an ideal suggestion but we are in a right pickle trying to sort out the left central defensive position i.e. seemingly no Donnelly, definitely no Mc Ginley ,a proven liability  in Mugabi and the evident decision of Robinson that Maguire can't cut in central defence. And that's before we factor in the unavailability of Dunne!!

Set in this context it surely ain't that unreasonable therefore to consider Devine ( who as I recall is a right sided CB) moving to left central defence . Alternatively he could remain on the right with Gallagher moving to the left.

Just the thoughts of an old timer with perhaps too much time on my hands!

2 minutes ago, ropy said:

Mugabi  I could come good with a wee run in the team, not sure how to mitigate his passing

Just don't give him the ball.

I'm kind of in the same place tbh. It's probably an unpopular opinion but I thought Bev was fine at the defensive stuff on Saturday. He put in tackles, made blocks, won headers etc. Unfortunately with the ball to feet his distribution made Hartley look like Pirlo.

There's absolutely no harm in having folk like Devine, Hussain and Johnston around the squad especially given the 9 subs but it seems unlikely we're going to chuck any of them into the starting XI. Johnston's still only 16 AFAIK. 

9 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Just don't give him the ball.

I'm kind of in the same place tbh. It's probably an unpopular opinion but I thought Bev was fine at the defensive stuff on Saturday. He put in tackles, made blocks, won headers etc. Unfortunately with the ball to feet his distribution made Hartley look like Pirlo.

Actually agree with that. He canny pass a ball but he's really big. 

Just fucking win Motherwell. Not arsed how or what way we do it, just fucking win please.

10 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Actually agree with that. He canny pass a ball but he's really big. 

Just fucking win Motherwell. Not arsed how or what way we do it, just fucking win please.

9 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Jason Holt to play in goals and Efe to play as a backup sweeper keeper. McCrorie to debut solely as a long throw taker and just sit at the corner flag otherwise. 

Fucking Livi. Cba. 

Neither set of supporters expecting a classic, then?

I'm going for 5-0 or 0-5. Or maybe 4-4. The dam has to break some time.

I know I made an (excellent,imo) post the other day about not panicking but I do think this is really big. Even if we win in the least convincing manner possible I reckon we'll be fine from there on in but another dismal loss and things have the potential to spiral pretty quickly.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

I think we really need to try something different up front as it just hasn't worked at all. For the most part we haven't look like scoring and our constant safe passing is really frustrating to watch. We need to move the ball a lot quicker than we have in the two previous matches.

I'd drop Hastie for Hylton and bring Watt in for Long. I don't think we need to make wholesale changes to our 451/433 system but I just don't think we have found the correct personnel as of yet. I'm not a massive Watt fan but I don't think he's been given much of a chance this season, I'd like to see what he can do from the start.

Carson

Grimshaw  Gallagher  Mugabi  Lamie

Seedorf  Campbell  Turnbull  O'Hara  Hylton

Watt

Not feeling confident..

2 hours ago, ropy said:

If it is another defeat then get the whole team down the Electric Bar and get this season scrapped

Considering it's Livi away from home (additionally we haven't won at Fir Park since 2002), I think the season is safe.

Got my usual matchday confidence floating in now but still can't properly get up for it. Will be delighted if we play well and get a point.

Not quite must-win for us but certainly in the must-not-lose category. A marked improvement over the last two performances, both of which have been utterly stinking, would be a minimum. 

If our pumping on Saturday means this useless 3-5-1-1 formation has been binned then I’ll be glad somewhat. Next step is stopping shoehorning players in for the sake of it. If we avoid that then we’ve at least got a chance. 

3-0 Motherwell incoming, with all that said. 

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Efe dropped to the bench but still got 3 CB's playing, Guthrie-Fitzwater-Brown, and ATS, so either sticking with the back 3  with Forrest & ATS as WBS, or Fitzwater is RB and ATS LB, I suspect the former.

I'm thinking Fitzwater at RB...he showed decent ability down the right side when Devlin went off against Hibs...Forrest and Robbo on the wings with Pitts behind Dykes....please make it so

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I'm thinking Fitzwater at RB...he showed decent ability down the right side when Devlin went off against Hibs...Forrest and Robbo on the wings with Pitts behind Dykes....please make it so

Hope so, would at least give us the defensive balance we've been wanting. Wonder why McMillan isn't getting picked though, always does a decent job on either side of the pitch as a FB.