Motherwell v Livingston 12.08.20 - Relegation Joust.

Deserved to win that I thought, Lamie looking every bit the cast-off, that handball was comical. 

Much better from us when we actually play a formation that we know, and that suits us. That said, Fitzwater and Ambrose were still so far off it. Could be a 4 or 5 at the weekend. 

Edited by KingKachloul

Better second half. Deserved equaliser and as others have said a bit more composure may have seen us get the win. 

Impressed with Sibbald and Forrest tonight, and Dykes was imperious in the air. If we can cut out the comical lapses when defending I’d be a bit more confident. Glad we’ve got our first point on the board as a defeat would’ve really knocked the confidence. 

A point was all we deserved. Utterly chronic stuff from us yet again and for the THIRD summer in a row, Robinson's transfer business looks to have been poor. Lamie and White are lower League players but perfectly suited to the aimless punt, rush/give away free kick philosophy that the manager seems to love.

As for Long, there is something about his attitude and body language that doesn't sit well. It was evident at times last season as well but he looks totally disinterested.

Edited by MJC

Lang will be the saviour, backed up by Turnbull and Campbell.  Can we avoid Mugabi having the ball at his feet. Hastie had a better pair of boots on.  Could Seedorf not just have put a bit more oomph into his lob.

15 minutes ago, ropy said:

Lang will be the saviour, backed up by Turnbull and Campbell.  Can we avoid Mugabi having the ball at his feet. Hastie had a better pair of boots on.  Could Seedorf not just have put a bit more oomph into his lob.

It is actually fantastic tactics by the management team.

Lull the rest of the League and fans into thinking we are shite and then step it up and steamroll our way to 10th place. 

Edited by welldaft

38 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Good to see I was right when he signed for you guys, Lamie is still shite

If we did not have 3 million defenders injured he would be on the bench.

McGinley would be alongside Gallacher and either Dunne or most probably Jake Caroll left back ahead of Lamie. In saying that thought he got better which would not be difficult as he was gash for the first 20 minutes. 

What a difference when you're attitude is more positive.Good performance especially second half from most players.Midfield and attacking play looks like it's on the up,a little more composure upfront with final ball,could have won this game.

McCrorie    5/10  Nothing too do...

Fizzywater  3/10   Overall poor game,lack of concentration,at goal

Guthrie     4/10   Got dragged about,even from a poor Motherwell forward line

Taylor-Sinclair  6/10   Nothing fancy, steady enough...

Robinson     5/10   OK first half,ran out of puff second half.

Bartley      6/10   Good in patches.Can make runs from deep

Sibbald      7/10   Got himself into the game tonight,some good strikes,much better attitude tonight

Brown        5/10   Didn't see much of the game before injury 

Pittman      7/10   Great energy tonight,positive going forward,needs a little work on final ball

Forrest      8/10   Good powerful running,caused problems all second half

Dykes        6/10   Plenty running and knock downs,ball just never fell for him

Ambrose      4/10   Not a right back,Good at somethings, bad at others, passing not his best asset.

Souda        6/10   Some nice touches, tends to stand off attacking players when he is back defending

McMillan     5/10   On for 12 minutes, to be honest never really notice much 

Formation  4-4-2 ???

HOLT--  It's obvious he's had strong words with the squad since Saturday,and most of the players have stepped up , the defence have let the rest of the players down,  Concentration ?? looked very ragged .

I've seen much better Motherwell teams than this,if it wasn't for Livi's poor defence it could have been 3 points

4 hours ago, Mr Hahn said:

Robinson not holding back there

Wow, he really is raging. You’ll know better than me who the players that have returned are.

It’s good that we’ve got a point on the board but I feel like we could’ve taken three with more care in the final third. Another two conceded by us... deary me.

What a difference when you're attitude is more positive.Good performance especially second half from most players.Midfield and attacking play looks like it's on the up,a little more composure upfront with final ball,could have won this game.
Sibbald      7/10   Got himself into the game tonight,some good strikes,much better attitude tonight
Pittman      7/10   Great energy tonight,positive going forward,needs a little work on final ball

Ambrose      4/10   Not a right back,Good at somethings, bad at others, passing not his best asset.
Souda        6/10   Some nice touches, tends to stand off attacking players when he is back defending

Formation  4-4-2 ???
  HOLT--  It's obvious he's had strong words with the squad since Saturday,and most of the players have stepped up , the defence have let the rest of the players down,  Concentration ?? looked very ragged .

I've seen much better Motherwell teams than this,if it wasn't for Livi's poor defence it could have been 3 points
I'm sure it was 4-2-3-1...back to what we were so strong with last season

11 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Good to see I was right when he signed for you guys, Lamie is still shite

I never expected much from signing a livi bench rider but he defo can't play left back

7 hours ago, crispy said:

Wow, he really is raging. You’ll know better than me who the players that have returned are.

It's a not-even-veiled dig at Chris Long. He was offered a new deal before the end of the season and didn't re-sign until 10th July which was almost a month after our pre-season started (the assumption being that he had been holding out to get a better move) and save hitting the post against County he's been virtually anonymous in all 3 games so far. 

Last night he had 16 touches of the ball in almost 80 mins and didn't manage a shot on goal, Saturday it was 15 touches in 65 mins and against County it was 14 in 71 mins. For context White (who wasn't exactly dominating the game) had 35 touches in 90 mins and Dykes had 53 for you guys.

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

Lamie's handball might be the most fucking brainless things I have ever seen. Definitely capable of being a back up player but I am crossing everything that we'll get a fit McGinley and Carroll before too long.

It almost looks deliberate.  Gavin Gunning levels of heads-gone, there.  

10 hours ago, Scrutinizer said:

Formation  4-4-2 ???

I agree with all of this other than Dykes, I thought he won everything in the air and was back to being the perfect outball again with Pittman/Forrest/Robinson/Souda all up supporting again.

Brown's injury is a real shame, there's a great player in there somewhere. Hopefully he's not out for too long. At least we have plenty backup CBs.

A lot more confident about the next fixtures now, even though we're against Rangers, Aberdeen who we haven't beaten in years, and undefeated County. I'm cautiously optimistic we can pick up 4 points from that run.

9 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

It's a not-even-veiled dig at Chris Long. He was offered a new deal before the end of the season and didn't re-sign until 10th July which was almost a month after our pre-season started (the assumption being that he had been holding out to get a better move) and save hitting the post against County he's been virtually anonymous in all 3 games so far. 

Last night he had 16 touches of the ball in almost 80 mins and didn't manage a shot on goal, Saturday it was 15 touches in 65 mins and against County it was 14 in 71 mins. For context White (who wasn't exactly dominating the game) had 35 touches in 90 mins and Dykes had 53 for you guys.

Might just be my lack of Motherwell knowledge shining through, but it came across as a dig at DT to me?