Motherwell v Livingston 12.08.20 - Relegation Joust.

Another terrible Lacklustre performance. Defectiveness we look to be losing goals left, right and centre through terrible defensive mistakes and this is against opposition who are not the likes of Rangers, Celtic, Hibs etc.

Overall a Draw was a fair result but it is certainly tough to take because we really need to get wins on the board. 

Edited by Phillips455

We were the better team. 2 points dropped through clownshoes defending.

Our midfield and attack were excellent, particularly Dykes & Forrest for the latter. Sibbald was comfortably the best player on the pitch, the second goal was a thing of beauty. 

Will have to be so much better defensively against Rangers.

14 minutes ago, East Calder Lion said:

Lots of time wasting from Motherwell.

Really? I didn't particularly see any although Livi were taking a very long time over the throws towards the end. We were brutal though with any football on display coming from Livi. Two well taken goals just about justifying our point but it's not one I'll be looking to watch again.

2 minutes ago, East Calder Lion said:

I suppose we can't complain after giving away a couple of very sloppy goals.  A bit more composure from us would have seen us pick up the three points easily.

At least it was an improvement.  Let's hope we take that on into these difficult games we have coming up.

Yeah still needing to just play 2 CB's, either Efe or Fitzwater with Guthrie, preferably would be Brown and Guthrie if he isn't injured on Sunday. Efe's deliveries are mince, and Fitzwater looks dodgy (hopefully will improve after being here a bit). Big improvement with the midfield and attack though, so some positives.

59 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Reading comments then I feel like I'm in the minority in thinking that Pittman's had a decent game so far. Looks much more like his old self than the last couple of games.

Completely agree. Best performance from him in a long time.

What has happened to us.

Virtually the same team in midfield and up front yet we struggle to link up and our final ball is woeful. 

Defensively we look like we could concede at will. There was a point where we had 3 or 4 attempts to clear the ball and somehow it was still in our fuckin box. 

Thought Mugabi was better which would not be difficult but he did OK. Turnbull is showing glimpses of his old self so that it is a plus. 

We need to step up big time or this will be a long season. 

31 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Dykes has been fucking fantastic tonight. If Barnsley are watching then the 2m bid is coming any day now

I love Shagz but Dykes was lightyears ahead of him tonight. Won almost everything in the air and unbelievably strong on the ball. 

Really good player. Anyone who can't see that is a moron.