Motherwell v Livingston 12.08.20 - Relegation Joust.

Even this early in the season this game is a 6 pointer. 

Whomever loses is facing a sh1tstorm from their fans.  Our are already grumbling so this would tip some over the edge. 

I am hoping someone buys Dykes before the game but then we could not get even a point at home to a United side minus Shankland so will probably make no difference whether he plays or not ! 

Felt we were unlucky v County but we’re just generally woeful v United. All the players need to step it up.

More than anything I hope that our stream works. Nothing worse than losing a game unless you cannot see or hear you losing the game. Been a poor show so far on that front. 

My confidence for this games relies purely on what formation we play.

If we cram in 4 CBs into a back 5, we'll lose. If we play 4 at the back, we might get a point. Jordan White is guaranteed to score so we'll need a couple of goals in any case.

McCrorie

Ambrose  -  Guthrie  -  Brown  -  McMillan

Bartley  -  Crawford

Forrest  -  Pittman  -  Souda

Dykes

Mix it up a bit. Maybe Poplatnik in for Pittman depending on their fitness levels.

Wouldn't make any difference if someone bought Dykes before this game, he's totally isolated up front and isn't getting a sniff of a chance at goal, we're a total fucking mess in defence and disjointed all over the pitch, Efe as a WB holly f**k.

Got no confidence at all here, not unless we ditch this shite formation and start playing players in their proper positions, as scunnered as I was when Kenny Miller was in charge, came away from the 1-0  betfred cup defeat to Well deflated by how Miller had us set up and playing, feel the exact same way just now watching Holt's set up this season. I'd take a humping from Motherwell in this game if it finally got Holt to go back to the system he was playing last season. 

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

My confidence for this games relies purely on what formation we play.

If we cram in 4 CBs into a back 5, we'll lose. If we play 4 at the back, we might get a point. Jordan White is guaranteed to score so we'll need a couple of goals in any case.

McCrorie

Ambrose  -  Guthrie  -  Brown  -  McMillan

Bartley  -  Crawford

Forrest  -  Pittman  -  Souda

Dykes

Mix it up a bit. Maybe Poplatnik in for Pittman depending on their fitness levels.

I don't mind that line-up but ATS & McMillan at full back would be my preferred two. Can shift Efe into centre-back over Brown if they insist on playing him. 

When you have seven defensive players on the field your going to have problems scoring,Bartley, Sibbald, Ambrose are happy playing in their own half, with Pittman running along the 18 yard box doing nothing waiting for the ball.Dykes only service is from long punts from the back.The whole movement from back to front is far to slow,with the ball being given away,and first touch ball control has been terrible

I would give Tiffoney,Forrest,ATS & McMillan a start.Out Devlin,Sibbald,Pittman,Ambrose

McCrorie

McMillan Guthrie Brown ATS

Fizzywater Crawford  Bartley

Tiffoney  Forrest

Dykes

Subs- Poplatnik,Robinson,Ambrose,Souda

Would drop Fitzwater too if you're dropping Ambrose, why still have a CB playing in midfield.

Would also have an attacking mid 3 sitting behind Dykes like we used to play, Pitts is excellent in there when used properly he gets into great positions for bundling the ball over the line or just shooting from around the box. So i'd stick with him in the centre of that mid 3, with Forrest and Souda either side of him, both are good on the wings too.

McCrorie

McMillan  -  Guthrie  -  Brown*  -  ATS

Bartley  -  Crawford

Forrest  -  Pittman**  -  Souda

Dykes

*Prefer Brown but Ambrose would be fine there too, just so long as we have just 2 CB's, and one being Guthrie.

**As above, prefer Pitts, but wouldn't mind seeing Poplatnik in there if Pitts got dropped, think he'd be the best replacement.

After his performances against County and United it's difficult to justify Hastie getting a start. 

With McGinley out, Donnelly self isolating and Lang still suspended (I think) it's a case of going with what we have back to middle.

It's up front that there are obvious questions. Long's never a lone striker.

I'd imagine we'll stick with our 433 and try to make it work but given we've been struggling to create decent quality chances then changing it up and going 4312 could get Polworth and Turnbull on the park at the same time and also put a body alongside Long.

Carson
Grimshaw Gallagher Mugabi Lamie
Campbell O'Hara Polworth
Turnbull
White Long

Edited by capt_oats

Will be interesting to see how we’ll line up after consecutive losses without scoring. Nowhere near panic yet, but our lack of general quality has been disappointing so far. Back 4 and keeper will probably stay the same due to the injuries to McGinley, Carroll and Dunne. Although after watching the latest outing of Mugabi, I’d be tempted to throw Yusuf Hussain in at CB or maybe revert Lamie back in the middle and see how Johnston gets on at LB. would keep the midfield the same for now, thought we looked better and more balanced with Campbell in and Turnbull did reasonably well considering how long he’s been out. I’d also persist with O’Hara for now, liked the look of him after the winter break and feel with more game time he can get back to that level. 

Realistically our issues lie in the forward line. Long has done nothing really of note from his two starts apart from shell the inhabitants of Dingwall with a wayward free kick, and wandering about the final third daydreaming of his next visit back down to Merseyside. He also looks unsuited to playing with two natural wingers in the side. With Lang still suspended, (I think) that leaves us with Watt or White through the middle. Hastie really hasn’t done much either apart from slipping just as the ball is about to come to him. Think if we’re going to get the best out of him, he’ll need to switch to the left. Seedorf has looked better on the right so far, and Hylton hasn’t yet featured. Taking all that into account, I’d go with

Carson

Grimshaw      Gallagher      Mugabi      Lamie

Campbell      O’Hara        Turnbull

Seedorf                      White                         Hylton

7 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Would drop Fitzwater too if you're dropping Ambrose, why still have a CB playing in midfield.

Would also have an attacking mid 3 sitting behind Dykes like we used to play, Pitts is excellent in there when used properly he gets into great positions for bundling the ball over the line or just shooting from around the box. So i'd stick with him in the centre of that mid 3, with Forrest and Souda either side of him, both are good on the wings too.

McCrorie

McMillan  -  Guthrie  -  Brown*  -  ATS

Bartley  -  Crawford

Forrest  -  Pittman**  -  Souda

Dykes

*Prefer Brown but Ambrose would be fine there too, just so long as we have just 2 CB's, and one being Guthrie.

**As above, prefer Pitts, but wouldn't mind seeing Poplatnik in there if Pitts got dropped, think he'd be the best replacement.

You're selection is fair enough, the way I look at player selection is by their last 2 games and formation. I've nothing against Pittman he's done great in the past,but the last 2 games he's barely been seen,you can't keep playing players on how good they were in the past
There are other players that have been terrible the last 2 games,but for some that's down to formation

As for Fizzywater he's not been great last 2 games,I think there is something more than a defender about him,he goes looking for the ball, the second half him and Tiffoney were getting some good movement down the right.I can see him in midfield,my opinion

I think Holt will play 5 at the back again + 2 defensive midfielders,Pittman won't  
be dropped,and Dykes will be isolated, and his only service from long punts from the back
Holt will be trying for a draw...
I think Motherwell will win this easy enough,saw them against Ross County should have got a draw

I wonder if any the players or Management look at these forums 

See Hussain name checked. Wouldn't be too concerned as I'm pretty sure he would be an upgrade on Bevis. That said if a change at LCB is to occur I can see Devine being brought in as he has more experience. Then again the shout for Johnston or perhaps Robinson might be a goer at LB allowing Lamie to return to centre of defence.

As for Donnelly being the ' self isolater' I thought it was a non first team player!!!

As for Wednesday I can see Hylton replacing Hylton and I feel we will get a big performance from O'Hara .

Expect an attritional game with us either sneaking it or a 0-0. 

52 minutes ago, Marinello said:

See Hussain name checked. Wouldn't be too concerned as I'm pretty sure he would be an upgrade on Bevis. That said if a change at LCB is to occur I can see Devine being brought in as he has more experience. Then again the shout for Johnston or perhaps Robinson might be a goer at LB allowing Lamie to return to centre of defence.

As for Donnelly being the ' self isolater' I thought it was a non first team player!!!

As for Wednesday I can see Hylton replacing Hylton and I feel we will get a big performance from O'Hara .

Expect an attritional game with us either sneaking it or a 0-0. 

Not quite sure where to start. How can you see Devine getting the nod at LCB? Some first team experience on loan - certainly not left sided.

A shout for Johnston? Not seeing that at all, especially at his young age.

A big performance from Mark O’Hara? Clutching at straws...

I’d forgotten the last time we played Livi, we literally spent the last 20 mins or so shelling high balls forward towards the front pairing of Mugabi and Manzinga. 

:lol:

Some carry on that was, think it genuinely took us until the 91st minute to register a shot at goal that day.

Edited by Casagolda

1 minute ago, Casagolda said:

I’d forgotten the last time we played Livi, we literally spent the last 20 mins or so shelling high balls forward towards the front pairing of Mugabi and Manzinga. 

:lol:

Some carry on that was, think it genuinely took us until the 91st minute to register a shot at goal that day.

Nearly went in though

18 hours ago, capt_oats said:

After his performances against County and United it's difficult to justify Hastie getting a start. 

We wouldn't be subject to any "he must start" clauses in the loan agreement...would we??