Mighty Montrose FC Thread

19 hours ago, Utter Roaster said:

Another Mo link - seen on Beeb via Courier website:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/nostalgia/2020708/links-park-to-leipzig-how-montrose-fc-almost-made-europe/

Surprised my old man never told me about this one when he was alive.

Not many of us left who remember that golden decade for the Mo but at least we still have some good times now and again. Must keep the momentum going on the pitch when play restarts soon. I'll respect team selection for the Nairn cup game but I really hope we put out our best team and progress because it is another truncated season and sponsorship money will be welcome. I know the full squad need game time but on this occasion in my opinion we can and should aim to have a decent cup run as players regain their fitness and sharpness.. Fully realise there will be others who feel a cup run will only add to a congestion of fixtures.

The Mo will be featured in the footy magazine Nutmeg in the May edition so will be worth looking out for - loads more nostalgia and quotes. 

3 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

Not many of us left who remember that golden decade for the Mo but at least we still have some good times now and again. Must keep the momentum going on the pitch when play restarts soon. I'll respect team selection for the Nairn cup game but I really hope we put out our best team and progress because it is another truncated season and sponsorship money will be welcome. I know the full squad need game time but on this occasion in my opinion we can and should aim to have a decent cup run as players regain their fitness and sharpness.. Fully realise there will be others who feel a cup run will only add to a congestion of fixtures.

The Mo will be featured in the footy magazine Nutmeg in the May edition so will be worth looking out for - loads more nostalgia and quotes. 

Absolutely agree with this, can’t have a repeat of last year. The year before was especially good with drawing Dundee United at home but as there are no fans it just won’t be the same. I feel like we’ll have to play a weather beaten back line but will have slightly more freedom in selection further up the park. Fingers crossed Nairn’s pitch is decent.

If  Mochrie continues where he left off and is coached well, which he is at present, he will gain international honours before he is age 20. Many years ago I saw Peter Beardsley make his English League debut and said straightaway that he would make it and the same occurs to me as I watch Chris Mochrie only he'll play for Scotland.

The worst thing (apart from him imploding all by himself) would be for him to be stuck at a club and sit on a subs bench week after week. 

On the subject of next season's strip I'm a traditionalist blue Mo man so I voted for the all blue one. I know the other one was blue and white but too flashy for me and worse still it looked like the Stranraer strip froma cople of seasons ago and they got relegated!

If  Mochrie continues where he left off and is coached well, which he is at present, he will gain international honours before he is age 20. Many years ago I saw Peter Beardsley make his English League debut and said straightaway that he would make it and the same occurs to me as I watch Chris Mochrie only he'll play for Scotland.
The worst thing (apart from him imploding all by himself) would be for him to be stuck at a club and sit on a subs bench week after week. 
On the subject of next season's strip I'm a traditionalist blue Mo man so I voted for the all blue one. I know the other one was blue and white but too flashy for me and worse still it looked like the Stranraer strip froma cople of seasons ago and they got relegated!
Is this strip vote only available to season ticket holders or am I missing something on the official socials?

Guest Peter LaFleur

Have all of your previous loan signings returned? Cochrane and Ballantyne?

Edited by Peter LaFleur

4 hours ago, Aidan said:
17 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

Is this strip vote only available to season ticket holders or am I missing something on the official socials?

Yeah, I was thinking that. I don't do Twitter or Facebook so I haven't seen anything.

Has anyone got a link or is it some big secret that only season ticket holders are in on?

11 hours ago, Aidan said:
23 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

Fairly sure only to season ticket holders of which I am one.

Our first game back in action looks as hard as it gets to play the league leaders Falkirk away but looking at it differently it might not be a bad time to play them. They have made some signings during the break so might not gel quickly BUT it's not what they do, it's what we do that is important. We'll start with the same number of players on the pitch and if we are up for it with a strong line up, particularly at the back, and concentrate fully we can win this game. The last couple of times we've played each other they won both games but I think they will agree they were a bit fortunate, particularly at their place when the referee was a bit hasty in giving us a penalty rather than allowing us the goal. As I say, it's how we perform in this game both on the pitch and mentally. 

Correct, best kit we’ve had in years but it’ll be replaced like the other 2 kits 
Would quite like to see the black being and replace the white away with something a bit different.

Was going to upload them Aidan, but P&B doesn't support the format that I have downloaded them as.
Option One, is all blue, one for the traditionalists, while Option Two has Denmark 1986 vibes about it.
I am sure your vote would be cast for the latter!

I am a season ticket holder and know hee haw about this. How were people told about it?

On another note, in the Courier article on Mochrie and Dillon, did anyone else cringe at the reference to "the 'Trose"? If you know diddly squat, why parade your ignorance?

Was going to upload them Aidan, but P&B doesn't support the format that I have downloaded them as.
Option One, is all blue, one for the traditionalists, while Option Two has Denmark 1986 vibes about it.
I am sure your vote would be cast for the latter!

I've had them sent to me and I much prefer option 2.