Mighty Montrose FC Thread

39 minutes ago, The Gable Endie said:

Bit concerned he would pick city over us, we’re going to need to make some signings ASAP or we’re going to be in a scrap in the lower half of the table.

A think the longer it drags on it will be loan signings for the Mo.Probaly good one's going by what we have had before,just running the risk they might have to go back to their parent club if their is an injury etc gamble a suppose you have to make.

A think the longer it drags on it will be loan signings for the Mo.Probaly good one's going by what we have had before,just running the risk they might have to go back to their parent club if their is an injury etc gamble a suppose you have to make.

Yeah we’ve done not too bad in the loan market so It’s not a massive concern. I think the one thing we have in our favour is that other than Cammy at RB we’re not really any weaker than we were last season and I’m not sure other clubs in the league have strengthened much.

Hopefully see a couple in this week.

2 weeks before the big kick off and we still haven't managed to get any new player's in the door yet.Not for the lack of trying I may add, going by the local paper it seems we have missed out on every target this year so far which is not so good.Squad ain't too bad and it could be alot worse but we badly need some fresh faces in their to help the rest of the squad.

18 hours ago, mo83 said:

2 weeks before the big kick off and we still haven't managed to get any new player's in the door yet.Not for the lack of trying I may add, going by the local paper it seems we have missed out on every target this year so far which is not so good.Squad ain't too bad and it could be alot worse but we badly need some fresh faces in their to help the rest of the squad.

Noticed Mo are top of the least signings league table. We're just behind you I might add with a measly 2! All that league prize money and centenary dinner profit must be burning a hole in the chairman's pocket by now surely OR our new temporary stands must be gold plated.

Longer it goes on the longer it feels like it will just be loans to boost the squad.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Noticed Mo are top of the least signings league table. We're just behind you I might add with a measly 2! All that league prize money and centenary dinner profit must be burning a hole in the chairman's pocket by now surely OR our new temporary stands must be gold plated.

Longer it goes on the longer it feels like it will just be loans to boost the squad.

Yeah feel the same here think it will just be loans now.Bit disappointed as I thought as a club the past few seasons we have been getting better and better and a good place to come and play but I suppose money talks at the end of the day for the majority of player's.Not to worry we still have the bulk of last season squad we just need to add a bit more quality up top and we will be just fine.

There's no point panicking or bumping gums just now. It's been a slow pre season everywhere, we're in the same boat as most other clubs waiting for loan signings (likely after the end of the LC group stages), and SP's policy has always been waiting for quality additions rather than filling the squad full of dreck for the sake of it. We'll be fine this season.

30 minutes ago, Scorge said:

There's no point panicking or bumping gums just now. It's been a slow pre season everywhere, we're in the same boat as most other clubs waiting for loan signings (likely after the end of the LC group stages), and SP's policy has always been waiting for quality additions rather than filling the squad full of dreck for the sake of it. We'll be fine this season.

Queens have signed 11 now have we quality or quantity only time will tell .

On 12/07/2022 at 13:14, Aidan said:

Yeah we’ve done not too bad in the loan market so It’s not a massive concern. I think the one thing we have in our favour is that other than Cammy at RB we’re not really any weaker than we were last season and I’m not sure other clubs in the league have strengthened much.

Hopefully see a couple in this week.

Yes count yourselves lucky that most of your squad stayed, we have played our last few games only having one sub and last years squad decimated. Most teams seem to be having similar problems bringing players in. Players will start looking to get clubs eventually and clubs with new managers will start freeing up players for loan when they know what they have.

Just watched the first half of the Stenny game … and what an abysmal performance it’s been.  Midfield is utterly guff. No energy and no guile.  Winker shouldn’t be anywhere near the team .. his first 3 fouls were all yellow cards .. could’ve/should’ve been sent off after 5 mins.  He’s slower than a wet weekend in Brechin.  Likewise, Callaghan and Milne are just passengers.  Rennie is finished and Brown contributes nothing.  I hope SP has a cunning plan up his sleeve because as things stand we’ll be staring a relegation battle in the face.

Second half wasn’t much better. Introduction of Lyons and Masson improved things but still no killer instinct infront of goal. I left at 2-0, can’t remember the last time I left a game early.  

still time to get players in, definitely need a right back and a striker but a decent striker is like hens teeth. We are usually slow starters so no need to be hitting the panic button yet. Going to be a hard season with strong teams in the league, a finishing position of 8th or upwards may not necessarily be a bad season 

Poor tonight no hiding away from that Stenny deserved winners.Can see why their is some frustrated fans on here but some of the comments are way over the top.We need players in yes no hiding away from that,players playing out of position plus a very young bench(3 lads from the u18s team) hasn't helped either and that's no fault of theirs it's good game time for them but the reality is they will be nowhere near the first team by the start of the season.Hopefully this result ramps it up a few notches and we see some activity very soon.

Agree with mo83 after the few seasons you have had should really have a bit more realism than has been shown above.

Very difficult for a club like yourselves to improve or find the players to go to the next level when you may have just hit the ceiling last season. 

We were very comfortable tonight and probably could have nicked a few more. Fitter, sharper and just generally a better side on the evening. Webster looked lively early but once Yeats sniffed him out there wasn't much else to worry about from the Mo.

Best of luck for the season ahead.

5 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Agree with mo83 after the few seasons you have had should really have a bit more realism than has been shown above.

Very difficult for a club like yourselves to improve or find the players to go to the next level when you may have just hit the ceiling last season. 

We were very comfortable tonight and probably could have nicked a few more. Fitter, sharper and just generally a better side on the evening. Webster looked lively early but once Yeats sniffed him out there wasn't much else to worry about from the Mo.

Best of luck for the season ahead.

Hit their ceiling you say.... 

12 hours ago, notsofedupendie said:

Just watched the first half of the Stenny game … and what an abysmal performance it’s been.  Midfield is utterly guff. No energy and no guile.  Winker shouldn’t be anywhere near the team .. his first 3 fouls were all yellow cards .. could’ve/should’ve been sent off after 5 mins.  He’s slower than a wet weekend in Brechin.  Likewise, Callaghan and Milne are just passengers.  Rennie is finished and Brown contributes nothing.  I hope SP has a cunning plan up his sleeve because as things stand we’ll be staring a relegation battle in the face.

Agree with most of that, winker as much I love him should’ve retired last season. Callaghan should’ve been punted after we won league 2 because we all knew he was dross even back then. I think when Milne has the confidence he is one of the best players on the team and Brown looked like he could do some running against killie but not stenny it seems! And Dennis has been out of the game for too long unfortunately to be of any use.

4 hours ago, The Gable Endie said:

Agree with most of that, winker as much I love him should’ve retired last season. Callaghan should’ve been punted after we won league 2 because we all knew he was dross even back then. I think when Milne has the confidence he is one of the best players on the team and Brown looked like he could do some running against killie but not stenny it seems! And Dennis has been out of the game for too long unfortunately to be of any use.

Aye Paul Watson looked like he had been on the piss all day last night he was woeful...

On 19/07/2022 at 20:43, notsofedupendie said:

Harsh on Milne, still think he's a talent.

21 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Harsh on Milne, still think he's a talent.

I agree he has talent and last season he added work rate to his game.  I fear he’s reverting to the Lewis of old … floating about the park doing not very much other than the odd flash of quality. In his defence, he seems to get moved here there and everywhere, which can’t be easy for him.

Right that’s the cup out the way, hopefully now there’s a few more teams have an idea of where their squads are and they’re willing to loan us 4 wonder kids to fire us to the League 1 title.