Mighty Montrose FC Thread

Great result today and a good battling performance. Two excellent goals & good resilience shown from the guys after going a goal behind.

Great strike from CJ for what was the eventual winner. Fleming made 2-3 fine saves and thought our defence handled what pressure there was very well.

I knew Falkirk had their problems but didn’t expect them to be that bad. The new coach has his work cut out there. Neat & tidy on the ball but an absolute shambles defensively.

That was a good shift by the Mo today. Falkirk were poor in the second half or at least they made the Mo look good. 

With Cove and Airdrie dropping points today, the performance today gives me a real sense that the Mo can go further than in recent seasons. One game at a time, though.

Happy days!

Edited by Brummo
Extra word.

12 minutes ago, Brummo said:

That was a good shift by the Mo today. Falkirk were poor in the second half or at least they made the Mo look good. 

With Cove and Airdrie dropping points today, the performance today gives me a real sense that the Mo can go further than in recent seasons. One game at a time, though.

Happy days!

The Mo made Falkirk look poor

I'm not going to be patronising but I thought Falkirk were awful. For a full time team their seemed to be very little cohesion between the players. Not taking away from the Mo. To a man, we were superb today. Seagulls blooper apart we were excellent.  

What did Falkirk do in their "full time" status. It appears they were practising their falling over antics. 

However, let's talk Mo. I thought CJ put in a great shift. He chased down every ball an hassled the Falkirk defence all day and to score the winner he topped it off. Big Aidan Quinn was immense. Solid ad a rock in defence. Terry Masson bossed the midfield and won every 50/50. And one final note. Sean Dillon has spent the night in hospital getting Anton Dowds surgically removed from his back pocket.

4 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Great result today and a good battling performance. Two excellent goals & good resilience shown from the guys after going a goal behind.

Great strike from CJ for what was the eventual winner. Fleming made 2-3 fine saves and thought our defence handled what pressure there was very well.

I knew Falkirk had their problems but didn’t expect them to be that bad. The new coach has his work cut out there. Neat & tidy on the ball but an absolute shambles defensively.

Hi Ivo,

I hope you don’t mind me asking, are you still in Scotland or back in the Netherlands?

I’m not on social media so no up to speed.

Great player for the Mo, these days are back again under SP and his team 👍

I’m not Ivo den Bieman 🤦‍♂️

The real Ivo is back in the Netherlands & has been for some time. 

There’s a couple of recent articles about him somewhere on the official website. He takes in the odd game when the veterans have a day in hospitality.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

22 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

I’m not Ivo den Bieman 🤦‍♂️

The real Ivo is back in the Netherlands & has been for some time. 

There’s a couple of recent articles about him somewhere on the official website. He takes in the odd game when the veterans have a day in hospitality.

You'll have to change your name to "(not the real) Ivo den Bieman"

To avoid confusion! lol!

Great game, and real determination to come back from 0-1.

2-3 great saves first half from Flem, which had they gone in, we were in another game entirely. So gotta give Falkirk that credit at least, but that's about all you can say.

What the hell is with the falling about for bugger all? There were some pitch perfect tackles going in, and they're going down like they'd been shot! And wailing and gnashing of teeth for every decision not in their favour. I'm sorry but the ref was atrocious for both teams!

I don't think we were playing dirty, with the exception of Terry being Terry, but that's why we love him (in our team).

My MOTM was Cammy B, best he's been in ages! So much like his old self! (altho there wasn't a failure on the pitch, and noone had a quiet game.) 

Shame Queens couldn't do us more of a favour, but keeping Airdie in sight is fine......

How long until we are mathematically safe???? must be soon!

Edited by maz1974
add motm thoughts

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/02/2022 at 15:26, cb_diamond said:

Well Saturdays match report was certainly a thing. Good to see Montrose letting the work experience kid get the crayons out to scribble and sob on his tablet. Truly embarrassing stuff.

Never read it what's upset you caller?

5 hours ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

Heading up by train on Saturday for the game. Normally drive so would appreciate any pub recommendations?

Get yourself off the train and a short walk up the road(2 mins) you will find the Market Arms best pub in the toon.

5 hours ago, mo83 said:

Never read it what's upset you caller?

You should, it's such a riot that you owe it to yourself. The classic PnB-ism of "verge of tears" has never been so apt. Worse even that the Cove car crash a couple of weeks ago. All made better (or worse) by the fact that the grasp of English in it is verging on a Nigerian prince phishing email.

21 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

You should, it's such a riot that you owe it to yourself. The classic PnB-ism of "verge of tears" has never been so apt. Worse even that the Cove car crash a couple of weeks ago. All made better (or worse) by the fact that the grasp of English in it is verging on a Nigerian prince phishing email.

Fully read....Don't understand your tears?