Jump to content

Mighty Montrose FC Thread


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Well done Montrose. Huge win that. We'll be looking to emulate that in December although certainly won't be easy.

Really interesting cup tie next weekend. Will definitely have one eye on how that progresses

Kelty will be no pushover. The Mo have a pretty dismal cup record against teams from lower leagues so I've kinda got the fear about next week...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Paul Kersey said:

Kelty will be no pushover. The Mo have a pretty dismal cup record against teams from lower leagues so I've kinda got the fear about next week...

It's certainly one of the teams that many probably didn't want. A banana skin but Montrose should be buoyant and I fancy you to get the job done even at new central park

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Paul Kersey said:

Kelty will be no pushover. The Mo have a pretty dismal cup record against teams from lower leagues so I've kinda got the fear about next week...

Pretty sure we’ll put out a second string next week .. suspect at least 5 changes from the team that started today and I’m fine with that. Treating next week as a bit of a fun day out .. if we win then great .. if not we’ve given a few a rest and others some minutes in their legs,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, notsofedupendie said:

Pretty sure we’ll put out a second string next week .. suspect at least 5 changes from the team that started today and I’m fine with that. Treating next week as a bit of a fun day out .. if we win then great .. if not we’ve given a few a rest and others some minutes in their legs,

I certainly hope we don't put a much changed team out at Kelty. The line-up at Falkirk was very strong and needs to be kept together NOT CHANGED. Normally I'd agree with giving others more game time but those on the bench today don't need more pitch time right now. Maybe Callaghan or Keatings if fit again but in my opinion it's more important to keep a winning line-up together though I agree it risks injuries but we have good options if so. Another good reason is that a decent cup run would give us more income from not only prize money but also could give us a 'big' money spinning game in the next round though equally I agree ii could give us a sh**e game away somewhere? To be honest we look Ok in League 1 anyway so why not have a go at a good cup run as failure at Kelty could harm our confidence - let's keep it going and don't tinker with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

What a season the mo are having, keep it up guys it would be great to see u in the championship next season emoji122.pngemoji122.pngemoji122.png

And here was me hoping you could get promoted to the Premier league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Angus of the Mo said:

What a result the day.

Well done the Mo.

Feart to post on the Falkirk Mo thread, the Bairns are raging.

Were Falkirk as poor as their fans say they were?

Absolutely woeful. You thoroughly deserved the win. Should have won by more and if Morrison had scored the penalty it would have been smash n grab. Fully expect you to be in the mix come season end. Very decent side Petrie has assembled. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Paul Kersey said:

Kelty will be no pushover. The Mo have a pretty dismal cup record against teams from lower leagues so I've kinda got the fear about next week...

Given what Kelty are achieving this season, they’re not your run of the mill lower league team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The way we play away from home, I'm very optimistic about next weekend. Kelty will be bossing most games in L2 and probably haven't been tested to the full. We are unbeaten away from home.

I hope my optimism doesn't come back and kick me in the gonads.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SP article in the courier today.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/2784072/stewart-petrie-on-5-years-at-montrose-still-striving-for-improvement-greatest-memory-and-why-jobs-elsewhere-have-never-been-considered/

Unfortunately I don't subscribe and I've already hit my quota of free articles so I've no idea what it says. I'm sure it's pretty good though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/12/2021 at 18:42, Paul Kersey said:

SP article in the courier today.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/2784072/stewart-petrie-on-5-years-at-montrose-still-striving-for-improvement-greatest-memory-and-why-jobs-elsewhere-have-never-been-considered/

Unfortunately I don't subscribe and I've already hit my quota of free articles so I've no idea what it says. I'm sure it's pretty good though.

It is pretty good. On moving away from Montrose he says that he’s at the club until John Crawford no longer wants him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thought we were poor today. Thomson pulled a blinder with how he set up .. up front.  Totally different from last week and it took us 20 mins and a goal down to work it out. Think SP needs to get Cammy on a new contract ASAP .. otherwise he’ll be going somewhere else next season .. and that would be very bad. Wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up at Kelty next season as Thomson will have noticed that he’s the best right back in league 1 .. by a mile. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, notsofedupendie said:

Thought we were poor today. Thomson pulled a blinder with how he set up .. up front.  Totally different from last week and it took us 20 mins and a goal down to work it out. Think SP needs to get Cammy on a new contract ASAP .. otherwise he’ll be going somewhere else next season .. and that would be very bad. Wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up at Kelty next season as Thomson will have noticed that he’s the best right back in league 1 .. by a mile. 

RB was really good. Thought it could have went either way over the 90. Surprisingly you didn't maintain your momentum built up before HT. At that point I thought you'd power on but it evened out. A good game in horrendous weather! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/12/2021 at 21:52, notsofedupendie said:

Thought we were poor today. Thomson pulled a blinder with how he set up .. up front.  Totally different from last week and it took us 20 mins and a goal down to work it out. Think SP needs to get Cammy on a new contract ASAP .. otherwise he’ll be going somewhere else next season .. and that would be very bad. Wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up at Kelty next season as Thomson will have noticed that he’s the best right back in league 1 .. by a mile. 

Way too much deference being shown to new money wannabes i.m.o.

The pyramid in Scotland is not achieving much as far as building up the game goes.

Who has benefitted so far? The  big city teams and the rich men's playthings.

What's to applaud about throwing a ton of money at a team and seeing it rocket up the leagues through buying success? Okay, twas ever thus and that's football but when after seeing Gretna do it then crash and burn, I can't see much merit in it to be honest.

 

Edited by Brummo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Brummo said:

Way too much deference being shown to new money wannabes i.m.o.

The pyramid in Scotland is not achieving much as far as building up the game goes.

Who has benefitted so far? The  big city teams and the rich men's playthings.

What's to applaud about throwing a ton of money at a team and seeing it rocket up the leagues through buying success? Okay, twas ever thus and that's football but when after seeing Gretna do it then crash and burn, I can't see much merit in it to be honest.

 

Thanks for that, I needed a good laugh this morning 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Brummo said:

Way too much deference being shown to new money wannabes i.m.o.

The pyramid in Scotland is not achieving much as far as building up the game goes.

Who has benefitted so far? The  big city teams and the rich men's playthings.

What's to applaud about throwing a ton of money at a team and seeing it rocket up the leagues through buying success? Okay, twas ever thus and that's football but when after seeing Gretna do it then crash and burn, I can't see much merit in it to be honest.

 

Bonnyrigg should be next followed by the big West clubs. That should improve your mood! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • GableEnder21 changed the title to Mighty Montrose FC Thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...