Mighty Montrose FC Thread

On 07/09/2020 at 01:13, tongue_tied_danny said:

6-0

Gerry Creaney & Tommy Coyne both got hat-tricks.

I'd take a 0-6 thrashing by one of the ugly sisters any time rather than the beyond painful embarrassingly patronising guff that is any kind of press interest ahead of the game, of which the Saint and Greavsie clip was possibly the supreme example: cringe factor = infinity and beyond!! 

Edited by Brummo
"If you get it wrong, you get it right next time." Gerry Rafferty

Good, looks OK now - I've been 'off air' for ages..

Just wanted to say that I'm happy with Cammy F coming back to the Mo. Although Lyons and Niang have gone I still think overall we have a very competitive squad. My preferred line up would br Allan Fleming in front of a back 3 of Matty Allan, Aidan Quinn (who I think will be pivotal this season) and Sean Dillon. Two wing backs Cammy B and Andy Steeves with two more in central midfield Tezza Masson, Paul Watson, then 3 up front Webby, Rusty McLean and Lewis Hawke. What do you think?

We also have Cammy F and Lewis Milne plus Liam Callaghan for midfield though the latter two can fill in other positions. Up front we have Jonner as a great impact player plus Rossco. Up front though I really want to see the best of Rusty McLean and Lewis Hawke as I think both have what it takes but must put themselves about more - don't get bullied, use arms, legs and physical presence to make your presence felt.

Will be tough this season but so long as we get the warm-up and League Cup games out of the way without casualties I think we'll do OK.

Edited by AngloMo
Typos

On 09/09/2020 at 11:05, Brummo said:

I'd take a 0-6 thrashing by one of the ugly sisters any time rather than the beyond painful embarrassingly patronising guff that is any kind of press interest ahead of the game, of which the Saint and Greavsie clip was possibly the supreme example: cringe factor = infinity and beyond!! 

Just watched the clip. Oh. my. god.  You're spot on, no coverage at all would've been better than that reeking, patronising pish.  I sometimes wonder why the English media just don't get how much we enjoy watching their national side fall on their arse,  then you see stuff like this. Criminally bad.  

By the way I thought we looked really good today. Looked really fit and I thought our passing play at times was very good. Kerr Waddell looked like a new signing, fitter, stronger and hungry! Delighted we have Ballantyne on loan again, he looked so tidy again in midfield.

Not going to lie with the extended break we have had a thought SP would have had all his deals done and dusted by now.Just under a week to go until the window closes and a would reckon we still need at least 2 more in the door. A wonder how much game time he thinks both Campbell's will play this year?Take them both out the equation and we have 15 signed players one being on loan from St Johnstone and with the 5 sub rule this year means teams will probably need a bigger squad than normal. Every faith in petrie having us raring to go for the first game of the season…..COYM

Edited by mo83

Not going to lie with the extended break we have had a thought SP would have had all his deals done and dusted by now.Just under a week to go until the window closes and a would reckon we still need at least 2 more in the door. A wonder how much game time he thinks both Campbell's will play this year?Take them both out the equation and we have 15 signed players one being on loan from St Johnstone and with the 5 sub rule this year means teams will probably need a bigger squad than normal. Every faith in petrie having us raring to go for the first game of the season…..COYM

17 players if you discount the Campbells bud [emoji6]

1 hour ago, GableEnder21 said:

17 players if you discount the Campbells bud emoji6.png

Who have a missed....😛😛😛

Got you now,quick look at the Mo website and I was doing a head count from their.Looked backon the page and theirs  no rusty mclean photo and must be someone else I have missed👍

Edited by mo83