Mighty Montrose FC Thread

I can't be bothered posting the guff I said on the cup thread again but much happier today than Thursday night. All in all, great recovery to play as well as they did, with comedy thrown in for good measure. Can only hope there is no playing for laughs on Tuesday, whoever is in goal.

League Campaign back on track now please. Hope the team will take some confidence from their performance today and get the result they need.

Obviously Falkirk and Cove knocking seven or however many bells out of each other later today will certainly help too.

Happier day. Cheers!

IMG-20210417-WA0003.jpg

Edited by Brummo
Negativity

7 hours ago, Brummo said:

I can't be bothered posting the guff I said on the cup thread again but much happier today than Thursday night. All in all, great recovery to play as well as they did, with comedy thrown in for good measure. Can only hope there is no playing for laughs on Tuesday, whoever is in goal.

League Campaign back on track now please. Hope the team will take some confidence from their performance today and get the result they need.

Obviously Falkirk and Cove knocking seven or however many bells out of each other later today will certainly help too.

Happier day. Cheers!

IMG-20210417-WA0003.jpg

Rugby Park has never looked so idyllic.

Agree with comments that goalkeepers need looked at for next season. I know it’s often said that we need an out and out goal scorer but we’ve always spread the goals through the team. Poor goalkeeping performances will affect the confidence in the defence and I think that’s a more pressing issue

For the 3rd Killie goal I’m not convinced Dillo’s pass was actually intended for Flem, moreso he was passing to other player at the other side of the 6 yard box. Either way, it should have been launched up field and not passed across/toward our goal 

1 hour ago, fatdoug1938 said:
16 hours ago, Brummo said:
I didn't realise the other matches had been brought forward too. Oh well, the ball is in our court now.

You know the ball isn't in your court tho? It's not in your hands at all.

You are of course right if you are suggesting that if East Fife and Airdrie draw, then unless we score six goals more than Cove, we will not finish top five. However whilst that is very unlikely to happen, I think technically we still have a say.

Good luck to East Fife and Airdrie if they do draw and progress to the top five...

they will most certainly need it.

Edited by Brummo
Trying to fend off pedants

Just sitting thinking that with Brechin and Forfar issues next season might be the first season ever that no Angus derbies in any division happen.
Especially strange after all 4 clubs being in the same division so recent.

20 minutes ago, Gogs Grog said:

Just sitting thinking that with Brechin and Forfar issues next season might be the first season ever that no Angus derbies in any division happen.
Especially strange after all 4 clubs being in the same division so recent.

So you don't reckon we'll be playing the Smokies then?

On 18/04/2021 at 13:44, fatdoug1938 said:
On 17/04/2021 at 22:48, Brummo said:
I didn't realise the other matches had been brought forward too. Oh well, the ball is in our court now.

You know the ball isn't in your court tho? It's not in your hands at all

It is now!