Mighty Montrose FC Thread

1 hour ago, The Gable Endie said:

I sure hope Lennox gets a gig, would be awful to have him on our books

Lennox will find a new club I'd imagine just won't be with us....Phew!

Lennox contracted till May 31st 2024 according to Transfermrkt.co.uk. CJ on the other hand is out of contract May 31st 2023 but his cousin Liam Callaghan has another year to go on his contract. All according to Tranfermrkt.co.uk. No reason to suspect the info is wrong as it already shows Milne, Whatley and Allan as leaving the club at the end of this month.

6 hours ago, ticketyboo said:

Lennox contracted till May 31st 2024 according to Transfermrkt.co.uk. CJ on the other hand is out of contract May 31st 2023 but his cousin Liam Callaghan has another year to go on his contract. All according to Tranfermrkt.co.uk. No reason to suspect the info is wrong as it already shows Milne, Whatley and Allan as leaving the club at the end of this month.

If we can’t get Lennox off we will have 4 keepers on our books 😬 

42 minutes ago, BridiesHereBridiesThere said:

Forfar supporter, what can we expect from Matty Allan if he signs for us?

Rumours the transfer is confirmed

I’m sure some others will be along to give some more in depth analysis but I find that he’s the type of centre back you don’t really notice much in a game. Just a solid, tidy player who isn’t going to come bursting out of defence with the ball and isn’t really prone to many errors (although I haven’t made many games this season so perhaps there’s been a change in his game)

I suspect that he’ll turn out to be very good signing for you lot.

1 hour ago, BridiesHereBridiesThere said:

A very good signing in my opinion for you lot especially in League 2.I can see him and Munro being a not bad partnership.Matty  a right good  footballer pretty calm and composed reads the game well,downfall for me is probably just not aggressive enough for what I like in a centre half but will turn out to be a right good signing for you lot.

On 15/05/2023 at 15:30, BridiesHereBridiesThere said:

You're getting a good player, who in my opinion, will stroll League 2.

annoyed we never gave him the 2 year deal he wanted to stay at Links Park, only offering up a single year deal.  

4 hours ago, broomiesniper said:

You're getting a good player, who in my opinion, will stroll League 2.

annoyed we never gave him the 2 year deal he wanted to stay at Links Park, only offering up a single year deal.  

I didn’t know he rejected!? What about the other two then?

12 hours ago, The Gable Endie said:

I didn’t know he rejected!? What about the other two then?

no idea about the other two, just heard that Matty wanted a 2 year deal and he hadn't been offered that.  Could just be another rumour doing the rounds

I know it isn't unique and it is comparing apples to pears (no entendre intended) but is it not strange in a good way, having the women's team in the highest tier, playing against the likes of Rangers and Celtic women and Glasgow City, and potentially having matches from Links Park televised, while the men's team are faced with a year of consolidation and rebuilding in the third tier? I really hope the women's team do better next season than the Glasgow Women team did this one. I don't know if their games were all as one-sided as the league table suggests but null point, is not a good look in Eurovision nor football. Hopefully the women's team can leverage some cash from somewhere to help maintain their progress and success.

Unsure if youll care, but Cammy Ballantyne finally made his league debut for us today. A must win match away to Kilmarnock. He played as the most attacking CM in a middle 3 and was really impressive. Battled well and made good runs into the box.

Hopefully now we're free of Callum Davidson we'll see Ballantyne get a proper chance to show he can play in the top flight. Today a great start for him.

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Unsure if youll care, but Cammy Ballantyne finally made his league debut for us today. A must win match away to Kilmarnock. He played as the most attacking CM in a middle 3 and was really impressive. Battled well and made good runs into the box.

Hopefully now we're free of Callum Davidson we'll see Ballantyne get a proper chance to show he can play in the top flight. Today a great start for him.

Interesting he was put in from the start