Mighty Montrose FC Thread

On 14/04/2023 at 16:27, mo83 said:

Paul Watson does have his Testimonial at some point and has been a great servant but he offers very little now. 

Winker must've read the comments and thought "I'll show them!" Great goal, can't wait to see it in the highlights.... 

9 hours ago, maz1974 said:

Winker must've read the comments and thought "I'll show them!" Great goal, can't wait to see it in the highlights.... 

Ha ha yeah to be fair he took his goal really well,opened his body out and that left foot curled it into the corner like Colin McGlashan used to do it for us many a moon ago.

On 28/04/2023 at 13:05, tongue_tied_danny said:

Has it really been 5 years?

"Those were the days, my friend"

Couldn't watch livestream today despite virtually popping across to Amsterdam for it. Saved myself £12.50 and what seems to have been a miserable afternoon watching another evisceration of the Mo, getting stung for four by the Wasps.

Really rubbish end to any kind of last gasp push for the playoffs.

I've already vented on the match thread.

Might just waste a bit of money heading over to the dead rubber next Saturday to see if there is any kind of response from the team to try to end the season on slightly less of a low.

9 minutes ago, The Gable Endie said:

Lennox’s time is up. Struggle to remember a more error-prone keeper than him., can’t believe what was going through his head under no pressure for that second goal.

His time has been up for months now.  Why was he playing today?

6 hours ago, broomiesniper said:

Exactly.  Can only think the height of Salmon had a factor in that decision. P

Good point that never thought of that and yeah your probably spot on,young keeper is fine as a back up but height wise just a wee bit to little for me.

Won't be at Clyde next week so it will be the last time I see a few players in a Mo Shirt.

Lennox- Would think he will be away.

Rumours of Matty Alan and Mark Whatley to Forfar.

Lewis Milne in my opinion could be away aswell.

Possibly Liam Callaghan aswell.

Big rebuild needed for next campaign biggest turnover of players I'd imagine since SP took over.

On 29/04/2023 at 17:24, Brummo said:

Might just waste a bit of money heading over to the dead rubber next Saturday to see if there is any kind of response from the team to try to end the season on slightly less of a low.

Very charitable of you! 

I'm doing anything but......

21 hours ago, Brummo said:

But in other news, our Women's team are champion-ees! Come on ye WoMo! Amazing!

Excellent! And from their performances all season, they shouldn't be out of their depths in the Top Tier!

Second Pre-contract announced for next season Ali Shrive from HWU, another one from the uni set up which has been pretty successful for us over the year's....Welcome to the club.

No comments on Saturday's game, does that kinda sum up how we felt about it?

Apparently Winker's consolation goal was sweet as a nut, so might watch the highlights for that.

How does everyone feel now the season is over? Relieved we survived another L1 season? Disappointed with 7th? I'm the latter.... 

We definitely underperformed more than a couple of times and it has cost us those places.

See lots of new blood next season I expect, but hope we don't lose our identity totally.....

10 minutes ago, maz1974 said:

No comments on Saturday's game, does that kinda sum up how we felt about it?

Apparently Winker's consolation goal was sweet as a nut, so might watch the highlights for that.

How does everyone feel now the season is over? Relieved we survived another L1 season? Disappointed with 7th? I'm the latter.... 

We definitely underperformed more than a couple of times and it has cost us those places.

See lots of new blood next season I expect, but hope we don't lose our identity totally.....

Never went to the game Saturday so can't really comment.

This season has been very frustrating no real highlights at all that I can remember,for whatever reason we just never really got going or went on a run of wins which is not like us at all under SP.

We are not far away from a real good squad again, the right back issue has been addressed which has been a pain in the arse this year not having a proper RB and playing players out of position.The situation with CJ and Liam never helped either you could see that was hanging over their heads and both never really performed this year.Graham Webster in my opinion aswell never really kicked on from last year in and out of the team plus injured /not available he has had a frustrating season.Plenty others too never performed could go and on and on and the less we say about Lennox the better.

The only way is up and am sure SP will bring in a good few and we will take it from their and see what next season brings.