Mighty Montrose FC Thread

23 hours ago, The Gable Endie said:

I think yesterday shows we were crying out for a right back, their two last goals came from us being sliced open down the left. But no bother team performances have been much better recently and I forgot how bloody good Adam was so hopefully he can kick on now.

Possibly with the substitution of Webster, we made ourselves quite narrow, allowing Peggie the freedom to run down the left at will.

I’m guessing a clear out is impending in the summer then as according to transfermarkt the players running out of contract this summer are: Lewis Milne, Paul Watson, Matty Allan, Mark Whatley, Craig Brown and Craig Johnston. I reckon we bin Paul, Matty and mark and possibly Craig Brown.

Edited by The Gable Endie

10 hours ago, mo83 said:

Has to be a couple new faces in the door before the window shuts.🙏

Got until the end of February for any loans to come in. Surely we’re still trying to hunt down an actual right back at the very least. 

Spoke to a friend who seen plenty of Machado at Elgin and reckons he’s essentially just Chris Antoniazzi.

The way Ross Matthews signing a pro deal has been announced would suggest to me that we’re going with him and Lennox until the end of the season.

Falkirk fans not overly enamoured with Ryan Williamson and his injury record however going part time could potentially be easier on him, or he could end up like James Keatings and continue rapidly dropping down. 

1 hour ago, Scorge said:

Machado is a properly off piste Elijah Simpson-esque signing. Hope's he's better than that.

Very meh window so far.

Been in training for a good few weeks so at least Petrie will know what he’s signing but if the feedback I’m getting is accurate then I’d imagine a majority of game time will be as a sub 

Have to say am pretty happy with the signing of Ryan Willamson,he is a good age and has played at a decent level.Falkirk fans seem to think he will be out injured all the time but il judge him on that come the end of his first season.

The new Brazilian recruit don't know much about him to be honest but trust SP all the way and must have something about him.

31 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Have to say am pretty happy with the signing of Ryan Willamson,he is a good age and has played at a decent level.Falkirk fans seem to think he will be out injured all the time but il judge him on that come the end of his first season.

The new Brazilian recruit don't know much about him to be honest but trust SP all the way and must have something about him.

Very bad signing.

46 minutes ago, mo83 said:

He’s missed 31 of the 57 league games during his time at the club.