Mighty Montrose FC Thread

9 hours ago, macclyde+ said:

Yes.

Hoping he can hold the ball up well. We've been crying out for a physical type player to support Jordan Allan.

I think his biggest downfall with is is that he doesn’t really have a style of play. He’s one one of these guys who’ll play whatever role you need him to well enough without excelling at any of them. 

3 hours ago, Aidan said:

I think his biggest downfall with is is that he doesn’t really have a style of play. He’s one one of these guys who’ll play whatever role you need him to well enough without excelling at any of them. 

Cheers, I would imagine he will be an improvement on what we already have, which wouldn't be difficult !

6 hours ago, Aidan said:

agree with that, and he's also a confidence player which he seemed to lack in since his return from St.Pats

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Staying until the 28th, according to that, not sure if that covers your next game?

Yeah just noticed that's Saturday, hopefully 1 more game then that gives us a bit more time to find a replacement.

From all accounts we were mince against Darvel but their result against the Dons shows that all that money they haven't spent upgrading their ground has bought them a pretty decent team. A lot of weird stuff happening as the Pyramid begins to draw in "ambitious" a.k.a. wealthier teams from its depths. If we can't maintain a decent supply of loan players for whatever reason, e.g. the emergence of Colt teams in lower tiers etc. changing how young players are brought on, I sincerely hope we can pivot to be able to compete with these new kids on the block.

48 minutes ago, VillaKnollBoy said:

As has been said, a huge blow in Ross returning to St. Johnstone. He has been very impressive in his loan spell here at LP and surely has a big future in the game.

Time for SP to get his scouting into gear.

Big window now this to be fair I would think we would need about 4-5 players in the door?

New Goalkeeper,Right Back,Centre Half,Centre Midfield and a striker?

2 hours ago, mo83 said:

Big window now this to be fair I would think we would need about 4-5 players in the door?

New Goalkeeper,Right Back,Centre Half,Centre Midfield and a striker?

Indeed. We could also be down another two players come this weekend!

GK, RB, and a CM would be the minimum we would need. Although rumours at the Peterhead game were that we would get the County lads returning.

1 hour ago, VillaKnollBoy said:

Indeed. We could also be down another two players come this weekend!

GK, RB, and a CM would be the minimum we would need. Although rumours at the Peterhead game were that we would get the County lads returning.

Stuart Mckenzie from Cove would do for Gk till the end of the season, wants away from Cove and he has been at the club before.Be good to get the county lads back both were good players.

Would have taken McKenzie, but judging by most observations from the Lolkirk game Matthews would be okay as #2. The other places (and potental absences as hinted at) are in more urgent need of solving.

1 hour ago, The Gable Endie said:

Looks like we’re going to stick with young Ross and Aaron for the rest of the season, not overly bothered we don’t need to fish out some cash for a keeper but it has been concerning that we have not had a single new face through the door. 

It does annoy me a bit that we seem to take ages in every window to get players in the door.