Mighty Montrose FC Thread

Yesterday was the 6th anniversary of SP's appointment.
2nd longest serving manager in the SPFL, after Dick Campbell.
I can't think of many other Mo managers who have lasted 6 years. Ian Stewart maybe?

A quick scan through Wikipedia has Norman Christie as 1959-68, Alex Stuart 1969-75 and Ian Stewart 1983-90. No idea the actual dates of Alex Stuart so couldn’t tell you if he lasted a full 6 years or not.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, The Gable Endie said:

I think that was a good message to young guys, not too overbearing but firm. It has been great to see a bit more of vocal support at Links Park but they should clearly tone it down with the flares.

No Pyro no party!😋

No been to much away games this year so not a clue what's been going on,certainly never seen any Pyro been let off at LP this season.

think it was needed to be said, don't want the young team giving the club a bad name, or also the supporters club with behaviour on the buses.

Good that they provide a bit of vocal support but they also carry a cringe factor, like trying to call out Section B at Airdrie away.  If anyone from Section B approached them then they would absolutely s**t it!

4 minutes ago, broomiesniper said:

think it was needed to be said, don't want the young team giving the club a bad name, or also the supporters club with behaviour on the buses.

Good that they provide a bit of vocal support but they also carry a cringe factor, like trying to call out Section B at Airdrie away.  If anyone from Section B approached them then they would absolutely s**t it!

I remember that game and to be fair the group that was singing were a bunch of 12-13 year olds some probably younger,id be surprised if they knew anything about Section B.All that nonesense was in the 80s before they were even born😀  

29 minutes ago, broomiesniper said:

Yeah that was a hard listen, singing Airdrie get battered everywhere they go until Montrose blew a 3 goal lead.

On 19/12/2022 at 18:01, The Gable Endie said:

I think that was a good message to young guys, not too overbearing but firm. It has been great to see a bit more of vocal support at Links Park but they should clearly tone it down with the flares.

I agree, it totally needed saying, and they weren't listening to the appeals from the SC officials. So good that the club put their stamp on it.

I didn't agree with the grown ups who then chipped in and said "way to put off the young support" "hope they don't leave as supporters" - doesn't help the lets all act like grown ups / grown ups know best message we were trying to convey. 

It's a real issue for the supporters club that these minors are unaccompanied, other than their pack-mates. SC officials can't be responsible for every kid on the bus. It's all harmless banter til one of the wee gobshites gets glassed away from home, and mum's sat at home watching Hollyoaks having had a nice day to herself child free. 

Maybe the Club Statement will make the parents actually appreciate the issue, they may well be oblivious to the behaviour.

Merry Xmas fellow Mo fans hope the big man is good to you all!

Last night was absolutely honking we were second best all over the park,nothing came off and we were well beaten by a good Airdrie side.Didnt think the ref had the best if game's but we can blame the man In the middle,too many of our players never turned up.

Last shout out to Safe-Tay security what an absolute shower of A-holes they are the club could be doing with getting shot of that lot bringing the club down in my eyes.

6 minutes ago, The Gable Endie said:

It’s the first time since SP that we have gone backwards in terms of improvement. We need to sort this back line out it’s starting to get ridiculous how many goals we are conceding.

Still think Montrose are a very good side,  that's a few times recently that Dillon appears to be showing his age,,,   up front Lyons, Johnston and McAllister are really as good you can expect at his level,    like ourselves I fully expect mo to be challenging for top 4 all season.