Mighty Montrose FC Thread

On 09/11/2022 at 15:31, broomiesniper said:

He’s turning out for one of the university teams in lowland league I think. Seemingly he was missing on Saturday as he has been knocked out midweek 

I am confused. Twice in the Peterhead interview SP refers to a game on Tuesday night; one time related to Aiden at 2:03 and another mention of a "game on Tuesday night" at 5:55.

Just as puzzled why asking my question got me a reddie for the earlier post.

7 hours ago, Brummo said:

I am confused. Twice in the Peterhead interview SP refers to a game on Tuesday night; one time related to Aiden at 2:03 and another mention of a "game on Tuesday night" at 5:55.

Just as puzzled why asking my question got me a reddie for the earlier post.

It's probably just a bounce game with the 18s or something ,mix the teams up and give players who haven't been playing some game time and a look at the youngsters at the same time.

11 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Rather obvious, Montrose are the dirtiest team I've seen this season. A decent referee and his assistants would have had at least two of the Montrose team off with 20 minutes to go.

Thanks for clearing that up Willie Collum,il pass on your information to the top dogs and get Palmerston rigged up with VAR so this doesn't happen again.

Anyone at the game care to comment on what took place from a Montrose supporter’s perspective?

The score line certainly suggests it but was it as bad as the Airdrie game? Two absolute scuddings on the road. Was the Kelty result a blip? What do you think went wrong? Did the same things go wrong or was it “crapness” of a different sort from the Airdrie fiasco?

Amazed we’re somehow still fourth, despite shipping so many goals.

Edited by Brummo
Punctuation

38 minutes ago, Brummo said:

The score line certainly suggests it but was it as bad as the Airdrie game? Two absolute scuddings on the road. Was the Kelty result a blip? What do you think went wrong? Did the same things go wrong or was it “crapness” of a different sort from the Airdrie fiasco?

Couldn't make the game today, but I'd suggest you picked the wrong day to play Queens. Firstly, we got our best midfield on the pitch from the start and probably our best defender back into the back line. Secondly, the manager will have read the riot act during the week after our shambolic 2nd half capitulation at Alloa last week and he got the desired reaction. 

Hopefully, one of your fans who was there can offer some insights into the Mo's performance on the day.

14 hours ago, broomiesniper said:

Badly need a right back in. Webby and whatley shouldn’t be playing there. I know we got the boy from Dundee United in on loan but if he’s not gonna feature we should get rid and look elsewhere 

True, we were completely open down that side yesterday.

12 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

The defence has been horribly exposed without Dillon. Are we really relying on a 39 year old to hold the defence together. 

The defence was dreadful yesterday. They just got caught napping time and time again. 

16 hours ago, A Username With Mo In It said:

To be honest I think its midfield that's been lacking recently. Really missed Terry Masson over the last few months & I don't think Cammy F has been firing on all cylinders since his return.

That's very true about Cammy.  Happy to have him on board again but can't help but think the final loan slot could have been used for a different area of the pitch