Mighty Montrose FC Thread

1 hour ago, Paul Kersey said:

This gives me the fear. We do have a pretty pish record against non-league teams it must be said.

If it was away from home I'd have the slight fear also bit we have more than enough in the squad too take care of this lot.

21 hours ago, VillaKnollBoy said:

Calm down Maz! 😄

too much?! 

we have nothing to fear from darvel, but we've all been there LHV replay / Fraserburgh in the monsoon etc etc.

They'll be happy with the draw from their perspective and view it as winnable / replayable at home.

Put out Saturday's line up, to be safe! (and by Saturday's i mean from 60 minutes onwards!)

18 minutes ago, maz1974 said:

we have nothing to fear from darvel, but we've all been there LHV replay / Fraserburgh in the monsoon etc etc.

They'll be happy with the draw from their perspective and view it as winnable / replayable at home.

I'll bet you any money you like they don't get a replay at home.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

3 minutes ago, maz1974 said:

Clearly....

My knowledge of Darvel is limited, no shame in that really... So do you want to elaborate, or continue being superior and cryptic.... I could google it, but I think you're having fun, so crack on.

Nah I'm awaiting you taking up the bet on there being a replay and suggesting the stakes? I'll give you 100-1 there's no replay.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Nah I'm awaiting you taking up the bet on there being a replay and suggesting the stakes? I'll give you 1000-1 there's no replay.

maybe there are no replays...? in which case why not just say so....

Montrose don't have much luck in the cups, so I'm not au fait with which tournament does what... but I do hope you're having fun tho....

Still in shock after yesterday's horror show. Not as horrendous as the nightmare on Playoff Street but bad enough. Was anyone who watched the match able to make sense of it because other than us just not turning up, I am at a loss to know why things went down the Swanee following their goal? It could be argued that this was against the run of play. An Airdrie fan suggested that their (formerly oor) Cammy had highlighted our weaknesses and this led to our (un)doing. There may be something in that but our defence just couldn’t match the pace of their forwards. In fact we looked lethargic and less sharp than Airdrie most of the game. Losing Gardyne after 68 minutes, leaving us down to ten, signalled the end of any remnant of hope of a comeback.

The third and fourth goals were down to bad defending.

The difference in performance between yesterday and last Saturday was like night and day. Nothing seemed to work for us. Airdrie were even spared a comedy goal when their goalkeeper slipped and the ball trickled just past the post. The fact this was our best and practically only chance of the entire second half, says it all.

Grim!

Edited by Brummo

1 hour ago, Brummo said:

Still in shock after yesterday's horror show. Not as horrendous as the nightmare on Playoff Street but bad enough. Was anyone who watched the match able to make sense of it because other than us just not turning up, I am at a loss to know why things went down the Swanee following their goal? It could be argued that this was against the run of play. An Airdrie fan suggested that their (formerly oor) Cammy had highlighted our weaknesses and this led to our (un)doing. There may be something in that but our defence just couldn’t match the pace of their forwards. In fact we looked lethargic and less sharp than Airdrie most of the game. Losing Gardyne after 68 minutes, leaving us down to ten, signalled the end of any remnant of hope of a comeback.

The third and fourth goals were down to bad defending.

The difference in performance between yesterday and last Saturday was like night and day. Nothing seemed to work for us. Airdrie were even spared a comedy goal when their goalkeeper slipped and the ball trickled just past the post. The fact this was our best and practically only chance of the entire second half, says it all.

Grim!

Thankfully this doesn't happen very often but still a sore one to take.Move on theirs nothing we can do about it now,to be fair if you had said to me a few weeks ago that we would take 4 points from a possible 6 from Dunfermilne and Falkirk I wouid have taken that for sure.

Peterhead at home next week a good game we can hopefully bounce back and get back on track.

15 hours ago, Brummo said:

What match was on tonight that SP referred to in the post-match interview with Ross? Was it a friendly?

Anyone know anything more about it?

He’s turning out for one of the university teams in lowland league I think. Seemingly he was missing on Saturday as he has been knocked out midweek