Mighty Montrose FC Thread

29 minutes ago, broomiesniper said:

Rennie only under contract until January so I think he'll be away then.  Shame, was decent the year we won the league but it just hasn't happened for him since then.  Did well getting 10000euros for him and then back for nothing, perhaps the 6 month contract was out of loyalty

We have too much dead wood in this squad including Ronnie. Watson, Callaghan and Allan should all have gone but SP always feels the need to keep the core together but there is no point if they are rank

55 minutes ago, The Gable Endie said:

We have too much dead wood in this squad including Ronnie. Watson, Callaghan and Allan should all have gone but SP always feels the need to keep the core together but there is no point if they are rank

Agree, however I wouldn't class Matty Allan as deadwood.  I think it's not necessarily a bad thing to have a social core that's tight knit, promotes a decent level of morale

2 hours ago, The Gable Endie said:

That amount of years service Ronnie Marquis has done and your trying to say he is dead wood.... Disgraceful!😜😜😜😜😜😜😜

Somehow managed to make through over 2 hours of @McGuigan1978 and @Francesc Fabregas and their lower league preview, Fowler mentioned that we had a bid turned down from a “local rival” for a goalkeeper which I’m assuming is Mark McCallum, also mentioned a right back who has gone to coach in the states?

I know Richard Foster was mentioned on here but he done an interview the other week saying he isn’t going into coaching just now and wants to continue playing in Scotland, anyone got any idea who it could be?

14 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Somehow managed to make through over 2 hours of @McGuigan1978 and @Francesc Fabregas and their lower league preview, Fowler mentioned that we had a bid turned down from a “local rival” for a goalkeeper which I’m assuming is Mark McCallum, also mentioned a right back who has gone to coach in the states?

I know Richard Foster was mentioned on here but he done an interview the other week saying he isn’t going into coaching just now and wants to continue playing in Scotland, anyone got any idea who it could be?

i had to skip ahead, good to hear praise for the club.  It was Foster, so perhaps he has had a change of heart, or his wife has put her foot down and isn't happy about moving to USA

Was very apprehensive about the coming season. However,  after watching today, my fears have been quashed. McAllister is a huge signing and he had a great debut. He was a menace every time he played against us and he gave the Falkirk defence a torrid time today. Also impressed by the loanees. Goalkeeper looked solid and the 2 lads from Ross County looked full of energy.

42 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Martin Rennie has today signed on Loan with Berwick Rangers. 

Thoughts? On the face of it, looks like a good signing for Lowland League level 

Martin is a League 2 player.  He should do very well at Berwick.

6 minutes ago, The Gable Endie said:

Just out if interest does anyone know what we are going to do with Ross Matthews now as he’s an academy graduate apparently?

Away out on loan to Forfar West End for the season.

On 06/08/2022 at 19:33, broomiesniper said:

Where were CJ, Masson and Gardyne today? All injured?

Both injured yeah don't think CJ is too serious should be back at the weekend,not sure about Gardyne though hopefully not out for too long.

As for the game Saturday good point in the end cant complain with a draw QOTS looked okay but we didn't play well up their end off the pitch at all which is not like us.Rory Mac is going to be a handful this season for us but we need to provide for him, something we didn't do enough on Saturday .Right hand side of defence is a bit concerning too,Whatley at RB for me doesn't work same with putting Webby their. I know SP was looking for a RB and for whatever reason hasn't found one yet but after Saturday it really showed that we need one in my opinion.

We were standing beside some of Rory's pals on Saturday, and when he came over to speak to them at the end of the game, he was muttering "no service" ..... I wanted to reassure him that CJ & Gardyne will provide!! 

Sooner they are back the better....

Worried about Aiden... any update?

I wouldn't say he never got the service, it just happened that most of the service was a long punt up toward him.  Ideal if CJ or someone is playing off him, but pointless when he's there on his own.  Agree that Gardyne will help with the service, Webby too, as long as he's not featuring as a right back

38 minutes ago, maz1974 said:

Should Webby have let Rory take that pen?

Discuss.............

Must admit I was surprised to see that Rory didn't take the pen. As good as Webby is from the penalty spot I thought he'd relinquish that task to the striker and let Rory try and get off the mark.