Mighty Montrose FC Thread

I wonder if our old pals St Johnstone would be willing to send us Ross Sinclair on loan now that they’ve got another goalkeeper in. Seems to be fairly highly rated and solves a pretty obvious issue in our squad.

9 minutes ago, The Gable Endie said:

Can't defend what they did very stupid indeed but a can't get my head around why the judge has put it back to Jan 2023 for "More concrete evidence of remorse".They have both been at the court twice now I'm led to believe and said sorry to the victim in person and offered money to the victim which he was going to accept £4k but has probably been told not to accept it.The judge should just come out with we want you to pay more money to the victim and am pretty sure all this would have been wrapped up unless it's going to be a trip to the cells.

Can't defend what they did very stupid indeed but a can't get my head around why the judge has put it back to Jan 2023 for "More concrete evidence of remorse".They have both been at the court twice now I'm led to believe and said sorry to the victim in person and offered money to the victim which he was going to accept £4k but has probably been told not to accept it.The judge should just come out with we want you to pay more money to the victim and am pretty sure all this would have been wrapped up unless it's going to be a trip to the cells.

I’d say that’s almost certainly what the judge is hinting at. I wonder if it’s just easier for him to get them to offer a suitable amount rather than a court issued compensation order that may be a bit of a ball ache for them to enforce overseas?

1 minute ago, broomiesniper said:

Short term loan to get match fitness 

Sound's about right and a good move for him to get fit again.Big season for Matty hope to see him injury free and in the squad.

18 hours ago, Aidan said:

I wonder if our old pals St Johnstone would be willing to send us Ross Sinclair on loan now that they’ve got another goalkeeper in. Seems to be fairly highly rated and solves a pretty obvious issue in our squad.

Are you needing a first choice keeper? 

Given that Ballantyne got regular football, I imagine Montrose would be appealing enough to player and club but Saints have a clear pathway for him and it will involve a full season of playing, rather than sitting on a bench hoping for an opportunity. 

30 minutes ago, Radford said:

Given that Ballantyne got regular football, I imagine Montrose would be appealing enough to player and club but Saints have a clear pathway for him and it will involve a full season of playing, rather than sitting on a bench hoping for an opportunity. 

If rumouirs are true, your young GK is on his way to LP with a season's loan.

Cammie would be better served in the Championship, if he isn't to be involved in your first team squad. In saying that, I would take him back on loan again.

33 minutes ago, Radford said:

Last season Aaron Lennox and Allan Fleming each played 18 league games although Fleming has left and Lennox I believe is injured at the moment leaving us with no fit senior goalkeepers. If he were to come in now and perform well then I’d imagine he would stay as our number 1. 

From the outside it looks like a pretty obvious move that would suit everybody.

4 minutes ago, VillaKnollBoy said:

If rumouirs are true, your young GK is on his way to LP with a season's loan.

Cammie would be better served in the Championship, if he isn't to be involved in your first team squad. In saying that, I would take him back on loan again.

Sounds good regarding Sinclair. Desperately needs a proper run of games. Probably the best keeper in Scotland for his age. 

Battle on for Ballantyne now as he hasn't had many minutes in pre-season/cup and we have a large squad. Real shame if he's not given an opportunity but hard to see when that comes. Don't imagine it's worth loaning him out again so expect if there is another move, it'll be permanent. 

23 minutes ago, Radford said:

Sounds good regarding Sinclair. Desperately needs a proper run of games. Probably the best keeper in Scotland for his age. 

Battle on for Ballantyne now as he hasn't had many minutes in pre-season/cup and we have a large squad. Real shame if he's not given an opportunity but hard to see when that comes. Don't imagine it's worth loaning him out again so expect if there is another move, it'll be permanent. 

That’s a real shame if ballantyne, never really given a chance at saints but is more than capable of making an impact.