Mighty Montrose FC Thread

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

Right that’s the cup out the way, hopefully now there’s a few more teams have an idea of where their squads are and they’re willing to loan us 4 wonder kids to fire us to the League 1 title.

heard Chris Mochrie going out on loan this season

33 minutes ago, The Gable Endie said:

Doubt we would get him, he’s a level above us and United probably looking to send him to the championship 

That's the most likely scenario.

Would only be interested in the plumber on a 1 year deal, which is probably a long shot. Gut feeling he'll go elsewhere for more £, as he tends to do. I previously thought he might be a touch past it but with the pace we have we could probably accommodate him as a reliable #10. Immediate priority remains back up GK and outright RB, though.

On 24/07/2022 at 20:08, The Gable Endie said:

Rory Macallister transfer listed by Cove. I’m pretty sure we will be pulling out all the stops to get him, even though he might be looking to go back to Peterhead.

Was an ideal fit I thought, shame it won't come to pass.

20 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Was an ideal fit I thought, shame it won't come to pass.

Would have been a good signing yeah,hoping SP pulls off a good  2-3 players in the next few days.

2 minutes ago, GableEnder21 said:

Hated him over the years but would fucking love to see him scoring goals in a Mo shirt.

Agree with that 100%.Top quality player let's hope we get it done 👍

3 hours ago, mo83 said:

Anyone for a Big Mac today?

Would be him and CJ leading the line right? I rate Lyons, could he be fitted in elsewhere / out wide?

CJ and Rory both big, powerful and can hold the ball up. Both good in the air. Should make the ball stick in the final third and bring others into play.

CJ will high press and run the channels all day so in theory would be a strong partnership