Mighty Montrose FC Thread

Just now, mo83 said:

Tongue in cheek 😋

Not a clue why it's pibk/purple this year interested to see what like it is..

Yeah I saw the Mo club twitter tweet out that LGBT post with the purple and pink kit background graphic the other day and thought the same thing 😂 

54 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Come on MFC get your finger oot!!

Feeling exactly the same. Not even a rumour on our end..Summer sucks when there's no football and it's made worse with no signings!

Edited by CoveRangers1922

44 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Feeling exactly the same. Not even a rumour on our end..Summer sucks when there's no football and it's made worse with no signings!

Very little rumour here aswell dunno if that's a good or a bad sign.To be fair I should know by now we don't rush signings been like that since SP took over just itching to see the 🖋️🖋️🖋️ Tweet.

All quiet at your end aswell, expected a little bit with the change of manager coming in.Am sure you boys will have 1 or 2 quality signing coming in at Cove soon.

6 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

If Cove and Montrose fancy a game of 5 a sides, Airdrie would be up for it too 😅

Been very quiet too but hoping for some announcements next week 📝

Club together and we could make a decent starting XI. All of us are in need of players coming through the doors it must be said.

It's been a fair exodus for the Diamonds recently but apart from Dylan you've retained well enough.

40 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Very little rumour here aswell dunno if that's a good or a bad sign.To be fair I should know by now we don't rush signings been like that since SP took over just itching to see the 🖋️🖋️🖋️ Tweet.

All quiet at your end aswell, expected a little bit with the change of manager coming in.Am sure you boys will have 1 or 2 quality signing coming in at Cove soon.

Petrie adds well but incrementally it must be said. You'll be looking for a RB, Richard Foster could be a candidate? Pushing on a bit granted.

Would love to see Mo find a predator striker.  Sena back to Links Park would be a great addition. Ryan Dow, from Dundee, could be a shout for Mo.

I'm hoping the new manager now means some signings; we need them. Who we can attract going up a level I'm not sure. 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

29 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Club together and we could make a decent starting XI. All of us are in need of players coming through the doors it must be said.

It's been a fair exodus for the Diamonds recently but apart from Dylan you've retained well enough.

Definitely, im delighted with everyone who has signed on and signing Cammy Ballantyne (Sorry Mo Fans) I'm more than pleased with. I think maybe with the boredom of no football it's making me itching for a signing.

Will be interesting to see how Jim McIntyre does with Cove, apart from the bad spell at Dundee he's had a pretty solid managerial career. 

Also seen that Jimmy Boyle will be his assistant. Despite being a pretty poor manager for Airdrie, one of his excellent qualities is bringing through players through the youth system. 

At Airdrie he gave debuts to Gary Mackay Steven and Tony Watt, wouldn't be surprised to see Cove bring in some young talent. 

Best of luck in the championship and hope to join you there next season.

Edited by David Fernández

17 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

Definitely, im delighted with everyone who has signed on and signing Cammy Ballantyne (Sorry Mo Fans) I'm more than pleased with. I think maybe with the boredom of no football it's making me itching for a signing.

Will be interesting to see how Jim McIntyre does with Cove, apart from the bad spell at Dundee he's had a pretty solid managerial career. 

Also seen that Jimmy Boyle will be his assistant. Despite being a pretty poor manager for Airdrie, one of his excellent qualities is bringing through players through the youth system. 

At Airdrie he gave debuts to Gary Mackay Steven and Tony Watt, wouldn't be surprised to see Cove bring in some young talent. 

Best of luck in the championship and hope to join you there next season.

Watson, Frizzell, Gal all extending. Along with Rhys and Fordyce you have a good spine of a team. Telfer would be a good fit for the Diamonds I think. Rusty would grab a few goals along Gal.

We definitely need some youth and energy so hoping Jim and Jimmy identify that and land us some gems! I think we'll use the loan market more than ever but want at least 4/5 first team regulars brought in.

Never realised GMS and Tony Watt came through at Airdrie, very impressive.

Thanks, will be a tough league but hopefully we'll hold our own. L1 will be competitive and full of big matches every week. No reason why both Airdrie and Montrose can't be in the mix at the season end.

10 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Watson, Frizzell, Gal all extending. Along with Rhys and Fordyce you have a good spine of a team. Telfer would be a good fit for the Diamonds I think. Rusty would grab a few goals along Gal.

We definitely need some youth and energy so hoping Jim and Jimmy identify that and land us some gems! I think we'll use the loan market more than ever but want at least 4/5 first team regulars brought in.

Never realised GMS and Tony Watt came through at Airdrie, very impressive.

Thanks, will be a tough league but hopefully we'll hold our own. L1 will be competitive and full of big matches every week. No reason why both Airdrie and Montrose can't be in the mix at the season end.

I posted in the Peterhead thread not too long back and thought Rusty would be a decent signing for us.

Telfer with better midfielders around hkm I think would be a good signing, I think a few championship teams might be in for him too, wouldn't surprise me if went to Raith or Partick Thistle. Shame Grant Savoury went to Queens Park.

Both Jim and Jimmy are really nice guys so I hope they do well for you, especially Jimmy Boyle, complete gentleman.

Although not a great first team manager, he brought through excellent youth players and sold them on for a decent profit. 

I think in the championship Hamilton look most likely to go down, the uncertainty of their management team and lack of any signings must be concerning. Difficult to predict anything at this early stage though.

I do think the likes of Dunfermline are in for a big shock when they realise how difficult league 1 is, having to play the likes of Kelty, Montrose and Peterhead away from home will be no walk in the park for them, like Falkirk have experienced.

We have ex Dundee player Liam Fontaine training with us at the moment.

If his legs haven’t completely gone then that’s a signing I’d be happy with. Said before that I think we need a left sided defender and he had experience at a good level.

Good experienced player would  definitely give him a contract if he was fit and keen to sign.Big unit of a lad am sure who he would show up up well in league 1 he has a wealth of experience.  

If his legs haven’t completely gone then that’s a signing I’d be happy with. Said before that I think we need a left sided defender and he had experience at a good level.
Aye at 36 that's the biggest risk. If he has another year in him it's a cracking signing for this level.

Tony Watt was indeed rescued by Jimmy Boyle but GMS was not really a youth development, more a place to play as he recovered from injuries at Annfield. That's why we got money for Tony but none for GMS. Squad news is slow but it's not unusual for many clubs. In the list of managers since 2003 Jimmy had a hard task that he was not quite suited to, but he remains ahead of Mark Wilson and the other chancers.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Looks like we’ve gone for the non striped kit here.

Both the white and black tops have been retired, I have reliably been told, as we had them circulating for three years. Hopefully this is a third top rather than our away.

4 hours ago, VillaKnollBoy said:

Both the white and black tops have been retired, I have reliably been told, as we had them circulating for three years. Hopefully this is a third top rather than our away.

Wasn’t a fan of the colour scheme but think it looks better now we’ve seen it with badge and sponsorship on it. Still not one I’ll be buying, and as you say, hopefully a 3rd kit and still an away kit to follow. 

Now, can we get some players on please 

4-3 over Formartine earlier. Nothing massively of note beyond the normal pre season kickaround, still 3/4 short and I'd definitely be looking for a keeper amongst them.

Still undecided on the new shirt - if you're going pink/purple I'd prefer all out madness like that Jags camo shirt from a while back. Will reserve final judgement until seen in t'flesh.