Mighty Montrose FC Thread

11 minutes ago, broomiesniper said:

the grass isn't always greener, tried full time football before and was back with us after a season

Maybe finished uni or something now? Sure he was at uni

Also maybe just a convenient excuse saying that to Petrie just now

Cracking player though. Imagine Partick, QP, Hamilton, Morton and potentially Raith now Murray is there and saw him all last season be looking at him full time wise. Partick, QP would definitely be worth his time money wise. Other 3 maybe a decision to be made. Can’t see him going to Dunfermline, potentially Falkirk  

11 minutes ago, mo83 said:

That will be the Dale Hilson rumour wrapped up for another year lol

Would’ve been happy to see him go to you to be honest but at same time I’m ok with him staying

Just a severe lack of goals and way too many games on the wing. We’ve described him as a winger in the extension announcement and it is so painful reading that 

Guys a nuisance off a striker and through the middle but out wide it’s a complete waste of time 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

17 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Would’ve been happy to see him go to you to be honest but at same time I’m ok with him staying

Just a severe lack of goals and way too many games on the wing. We’ve described him as a winger in the extension announcement and it is so painful reading that 

Guys a nuisance off a striker and through the middle but out wide it’s a complete waste of time 

Like I've said before a player I would have like to have seen at LP especially they way he used to play against us in his Forfar days.

Not surprised DC has signed him up again he must rate the lad he has signed Hilson loads over the years and he likes to keep the band together bit like SP.

59 minutes ago, broomiesniper said:

Heard the Hilson rumour for the umpteenth time, but also heard we were looking at Luke Donnelly

No thanks to Luke Donnelly for me.

Paul Watson signed on for another year. Looking at the squad list I think we probably need another 5 in. Goalkeeper, right back and striker are a must and I’d like to see us bring in someone who can cover centre back and left back and another option in centre mid.

3 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Paul Watson signed on for another year. Looking at the squad list I think we probably need another 5 in. Goalkeeper, right back and striker are a must and I’d like to see us bring in someone who can cover centre back and left back and another option in centre mid.

Agree with that I would think 2 will be loans and the rest permanent signings hopefully.The ball will be rolling now with who the club are trying to sign let's hope we hear some news soon.

No massive surprises so far. Cammy a big miss though, and just praying he ends up anywhere but our league. Would hope Seagull can pick up a year's deal at EF/Cowden or somewhere similar. Simpson just wasn't good enough to win a deal, he's probably a LL level player at best.

Clearly need a new keeper, RB and a couple of strikers, only question will be whether we sign them outright or they will be the obligatory 2/3 loans that come in.

Edited by Scorge

On 25/05/2022 at 18:36, Scorge said:

No massive surprises so far. Cammy a big miss though, and just praying he ends up anywhere but our league. Would hope Seagull can pick up a year's deal at EF/Cowden or somewhere similar. Simpson just wasn't good enough to win a deal, he's probably a LL level player at best.

Clearly need a new keeper, RB and a couple of strikers, only question will be whether we sign them outright or they will be the obligatory 2/3 loans that come in.

Seagull has landed at East Fife

On 24/05/2022 at 15:59, 1320Lichtie said:

Maybe finished uni or something now? Sure he was at uni

Also maybe just a convenient excuse saying that to Petrie just now

Cracking player though. Imagine Partick, QP, Hamilton, Morton and potentially Raith now Murray is there and saw him all last season be looking at him full time wise. Partick, QP would definitely be worth his time money wise. Other 3 maybe a decision to be made. Can’t see him going to Dunfermline, potentially Falkirk  

♦️