Mighty Montrose FC Thread

Lovin’ that it’s Ivo on at half time in the Championship playoff final on BBC Alba. Guess they called the final wrong then. Next year maybe?

E.t.a.

Well adiós to the new money teams promoted to the Championship.

Ola to the new money teams promoted to League One.

Edited by Brummo
scunnered

30 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Think they are looking for a head coach type rather than manager. Probably increases the chances of SP staying?

A would hope so anyway can't see him going if I'm honest.Our Assistant Ross Campbell(Dick son)is Managing Director at Oriam Scotland no way he is leaving that role for the Managerial merry go round either so if he was to get the job he would need to find new personal to help.SP comes across as a quite clued up man a don't think he would just take a job if everything wasn't in place i.e who he wanted to bring in with him to help.Dont get me wrong he would have contacts and easy get a number two in to help but would it be his first choice probably not and Ross Campbell is just as good as SP in my opinion and what I've heard he does at LP.

Their is no way DC is going not a chance in hell.

Allan Fleming confirmed as left the club, correct decision if you ask me been a good servant but time for a new keeper to push Lennox all the way.

Most disappointing thing about this is the fact that I’ll need to find a new profile picture

19 minutes ago, The Gable Endie said:

Surely it’s Ross Matthews’ time to make the step up?

Don't know much about the kid to be honest is he any good?

I would think we will sign an experienced keeper to push Lennox.Sp is not afraid to drop the keeper as we have seen in past season's both Goalkeeper normally get their fair share of games over the season.

12 hours ago, mo83 said:

Don't know much about the kid to be honest is he any good?

I would think we will sign an experienced keeper to push Lennox.Sp is not afraid to drop the keeper as we have seen in past season's both Goalkeeper normally get their fair share of games over the season.

Heard he had a good loan at Forfar West End, but maybe SP will try and loan him to a SPFL club if he is any good and sign an experienced keeper on a 1 year contract.

Just now, mo83 said:

The main man you want at Gayfield 😉

I have a bad feeling he might be announced as extending at you soon and he is being left to last 

Best part time right back I would say. JT not at same level he was 2 year ago 

16 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I have a bad feeling he might be announced as extending at you soon and he is being left to last 

Best part time right back I would say. JT not at same level he was 2 year ago 

Aye very good player be delighted if we can sign him up again. If he was to sign for Arbroath I'd imagine we would go for JT good player and think he works with Ross Campbell at Oriam.

Cammy confirmed as leaving for full time football[emoji22] Won’t be short of offers, would imagine all of the full time teams in our league will be in for him as well as a fair few in the league above.

Just now, watdeadlyone said:

Cammy B not resigning and has left

Petrie mentioned full time football but hope that’s just maybe a convenient excuse as to why he’s maybe left right now 

QP, Partick probably be favourites for his signature if so think he’s from Glasgow. If he’s leaving Montrose imagine he’ll be leaving League 1

Hope we throw a very good contract at him just to see what like 

1 minute ago, broomiesniper said:

the grass isn't always greener, tried full time football before and was back with us after a season

That was Dumbarton he went to mind, no one was surprised he came back after going there haha