Mighty Montrose FC Thread

14 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Best pubs in Montrose? Getting the train up so hoping to get a pint or 2 and maybe something to eat before the game (and possibly during the game depending on how it goes). Thanks! 

Big Belhaven pub The Picture House is just up a bit from the Station probably your best bet.

17 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Best pubs in Montrose? Getting the train up so hoping to get a pint or 2 and maybe something to eat before the game (and possibly during the game depending on how it goes). Thanks! 

As has been said, Picture House for scran, for beers, Market Arms, Black Horse and the Golf Inn.

Probably one of the best games I've seen this season, there. Two teams playing an open flowing game with very little blooterball and chances for both sides aplenty. Airdrie maybe shaded it slightly, they do move the ball very well but found the Seagull on very good shot-stopping form. Suspect another two rematches in May are coming - Airdrie really had to win that, and I think you can hand Cove the title now. 

• 3 weeks later...

So Airdrie it is in the Play off semi final.Just listened to SP video their on YouTube and rightly pointing out this is the best squad we have had at LP since he took over.Michael Gardyne seems to have hit a bit of form hopefully just at the right time too you can see he is going to get better and better,could do with Aidan Quinn being fit for the games too as a bit short at the back with Matty Alan and Kerr Waddell out injured.

First leg confirmed for the Tuesday next week (selfishly happier with that, having a 17 hour shift all day on the Thursday). I'm not sure whether an open game like the aforementioned 2-2 suits us more than trying to be tighter and robust and sneak a 1-0 lead down there. Think Airdrie are better than that Morton side that (just) did us last season, so not massively confident we get past them. Hope more than expectation. MON. 

10 hours ago, Scorge said:

First leg confirmed for the Tuesday next week (selfishly happier with that, having a 17 hour shift all day on the Thursday). I'm not sure whether an open game like the aforementioned 2-2 suits us more than trying to be tighter and robust and sneak a 1-0 lead down there. Think Airdrie are better than that Morton side that (just) did us last season, so not massively confident we get past them. Hope more than expectation. MON. 

It's going to be a very tight game and any sort of lead to take into away game will be a plus Airdrie are a right good team at the moment.Saying that we have Player's who can step up and be match winner too i.e Gardyne,Milne,Webster,CJ and so on so nothing to fear.My only real concern is at the back with only one centre half fit at the moment that does give me the fear,we could do with Aidan Quinn being back for Tue but not sure if he will be or not his height and presence we missed against QP.

Im wondering if i purchased the stream for Tuesday evening will i be able to watch it from main land spain ?

I’m sure I’ve seen a few people watching the streams overseas so I’d assume it should be fine but if you drop an email to office@montrosefc.co.uk asking the question, Davey is normally pretty quick at replying.

Made a very late call to go to Alloa this afternoon, if nothing else I can say I was there the day we played Rossco at CB. First half we got away with it, the opening 15 minutes of the second half we definitely didn't. Properly George Shields tombola feel to the team as we played the Cbeebies side for the last third - thought Baxter deserved a goal, promising showing. The rest, meh.  Reckon we just did it to let Alloa enjoy finishing ahead of Roflkirk too, hah. Bring on Tuesday.

9 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Absolutely gutted for Montrose. 4-1 up, twenty minutes to go it should have been seen out. The first half you were outstanding and took the deserved 2-0 lead.

Playoffs been very frustrating for the Mo the last 2 seasons.

Play-offs are shite for Montrose, going to have to win the league outright next season.