Mighty Montrose FC Thread

25 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Gardyne was our best player before he starting shagging his team mates partner so if you can keep him away from the ladies he will be a tremendous signing for you.

Aye he will take the utter fucking piss in League One.

Time will tell … there’s been loads of examples of players who, on paper, are seemingly way better than L1 .. yet didn’t deliver. Of course, he still has to sign .. but I did wonder if he was headed our way when he turned up in hospitality for the QP game a few weeks back and was clearly very pally with our crew of injured players sitting in the stand. 

2 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Feck it , that'll mean we're stuck wi Fecking Keatings 

Suspect you’re right .. to date from a Mo perspective Keatings has been a complete waste of a jersey.  That said, if SP sees some potential in training he may just hang on to him .. as he did with McLean. 

29 minutes ago, notsofedupendie said:

Time will tell … there’s been loads of examples of players who, on paper, are seemingly way better than L1 .. yet didn’t deliver. Of course, he still has to sign .. but I did wonder if he was headed our way when he turned up in hospitality for the QP game a few weeks back and was clearly very pally with our crew of injured players sitting in the stand. 

His performances had us top of the Championship. I think he’ll do just fine.

I would hope that a player of Keating’s ability just needs a run of games in the team and a couple of goals to help with his confidence. If we get that from him, our season could be very good.  

Simpson impressed in his first game on Sunday, so there is no guarantee that Keatings will get a start.

Gardyne would be a great signing, if we can keep the lid on his off field activities! Allegedly.

7 hours ago, mo83 said:

Heard that about James Keatings too but I genuinely hope you are right.

Keatings is a lazy bastard. You wouldn’t have heard that from a The Caley fan.

29 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Keatings is a lazy b*****d. You wouldn’t have heard that from a The Caley fan.

Aye to be fair it was RR fans saying that he should be good in  league 1  and a few others.What is MG best position?

Edited by mo83

6 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Aye to be fair it was RR fans saying that he should be good in  league 1  and a few others.What is MG best position?

Either wing.  He can play his side or inverted fairly easily.

4 minutes ago, DundeeUnited9999 said:

only training 2 days a week, he will have a lot of free time on his hands cant be good lol

His piece will be rid raw.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Ooft a 2 and a half year deal.  That's a lot of money to dish out if he starts his usual carry on.

Yeah that’s the one thing that surprised me. 36 in 2 weeks. Be not far off 39 by time contract ends. Don’t know how professional he will be, doesn’t look very professional as a FT player so not sure how he will do as a PT one where he’ll have to take it more seriously and put more effort into looking after himself.

Gardyne was our best player before he starting shagging his team mates partner so if you can keep him away from the ladies he will be a tremendous signing for you.
As long as he can keep his hands to himself we should be fine.

Oh haud on....

Were he and Stewart Petrie no very briefly team mates in 07/08?

Talent wise, a class addition for Montrose. Still has the brains and feet to stand out in the Championship. However he is a daft wee fud and any problems in your dressing room will often have him as the agitator. 

Length of the deal is obviously laced with an element of risk, but fact is that we're in with arguably our best chance of a shot at the league above and this is the type of signing you need to go with to try and do it. It's a smart signing on three fronts - covers the fact that Keatings isn't doing the job needed (I'd genuinely be playing Ross Campbell ahead of him right now), covers Lyons if/when he gets recalled by PT, and gives us an experienced head in the attacking sense in the same way Dillon has done for the defence. 

As for the off pitch stuff, honestly not arsed at all. If he's not done anything that's likely to get him in bother with the rozzers (hiya Goodwillie, hiya Hester) then I don't think his moral integrity is a hill worth dying on. Really hope this works out. 

Edited by Scorge