Mighty Montrose FC Thread

11 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Is this ITK or just an educated guess? I'm not a huge fan of his but he offers something different to our other strikers and would at least be a handy option were we to go long. 

Educated guess for why he isn’t signed up for next season yet.

14 hours ago, The Gable Endie said:

Educated guess for why he isn’t signed up for next season yet.

I'm pretty sure he lives in East Kilbride (or the west coast anyway) so from a logistical perspective it would certainly be a better move for him. 

19 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Already crying after that performance from Scotland then I read this. FML.

Away back to Peterhead am told.No big loss for me 12 goals for the club,did okay at times...We move on.

45 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Heard he knocked back Airdrie for Peterhead probably for 💰

I remember being particularly non-plussed with the Blue Toon's "ambitious" habit of tempting away our better players with the fishlthy lucre. That was when we were really struggling and it felt like a kick in the teeth. I thought these days were past and frankly the manner in which we won League Two at their expense was ample payback. If the money on offer wasn't enough to stop him wanting to leave us to turn out for the footballing equivalent of I.M. Jolly's eleven, then fine, well and good. He may yet turn out to be a brilliant player and cause us grief next season but I won't be losing too much sleep worrying about that.

Much too positive about the rest of the squad who have the nous to stick around when they know they're onto a good thing, especially Cammy Ballantyne, to lament one that got away.

Wish him well, except when he plays against us.

1 hour ago, Brummo said:

I remember being particularly non-plussed with the Blue Toon's "ambitious" habit of tempting away our better players with the fishlthy lucre. That was when we were really struggling and it felt like a kick in the teeth. I thought these days were past and frankly the manner in which we won League Two at their expense was ample payback. If the money on offer wasn't enough to stop him wanting to leave us to turn out for the footballing equivalent of I.M. Jolly's eleven, then fine, well and good. He may yet turn out to be a brilliant player and cause us grief next season but I won't be losing too much sleep worrying about that.

Much too positive about the rest of the squad who have the nous to stick around when they know they're onto a good thing, especially Cammy Ballantyne, to lament one that got away.

Wish him well, except when he plays against us.

I don't see the big fuss with McLean to be honest.When he first came we all had high hopes for him me included ,he was absolutely rank rotten and got shipped out on loan to get game time at Forfar because he couldn't get in the team never mind the squad.

After he came back he done better no doubt about it but I've never been overly impressed with him always thought he could do more but that's just my opinion. Money talks in football and that's where its fallen down for whatever reason.100% trust Sp and Ross to bring some quality additions in too replace McLean.

10 hours ago, mo83 said:

I don't see the big fuss with McLean to be honest.When he first came we all had high hopes for him me included ,he was absolutely rank rotten and got shipped out on loan to get game time at Forfar because he couldn't get in the team never mind the squad.

After he came back he done better no doubt about it but I've never been overly impressed with him always thought he could do more but that's just my opinion. Money talks in football and that's where its fallen down for whatever reason.100% trust Sp and Ross to bring some quality additions in too replace McLean.

I think this is where we possibly bring in a loan signing.

10 hours ago, mo83 said:

I think what is frustrating about McLean's case is that SP was prepared to stick by him and there were signs he was beginning to develop into someone in the mould of Chris Templeman: a tall player to act as a target man, hold the ball up to provide service for strikers and with enough skill in the box to finish the job if needed. If he had chosen to stay and improve further, he could have been a real asset for us but it was not to be and as has been said, we move on and hopefully find a better alternative.

I think what is frustrating about McLean's case is that SP was prepared to stick by him and there were signs he was beginning to develop into someone in the mould of Chris Templeman: a tall player to act as a target man, hold the ball up to provide service for strikers and with enough skill in the box to finish the job if needed. If he had chosen to stay and improve further, he could have been a real asset for us but it was not to be and as has been said, we move on and hopefully find a better alternative.
Sure Chris Templemans legs have recovered enough for him to come back for a season[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

I’d have been ok with McLean staying but not gutted that he’s decided to go elsewhere. For large parts he was utterly useless .. in small parts a clinical finisher. Overall, my take is that he thinks he’s much better than he actually is. However, we do need to find a centre forward. Hopefully, SP has one in mind because as it stands I don’t see CJ as the answer.

As it stands we have CJ and Rennie who can play striker.Both players are decent enough but I'd think sp would be hoping to bring in 2 strikers.Can see 1 in on loan and hopefully the other on a contract.Cant think of anyone right now but am sure he will get someone in that is decent. I always think back to the signing of Paddy Cregg,when he first came in I was thinking wtf going on here he was getting slated by the Forfar fans and had hardly kicked a ball in  months,turned out to be an excellent signing for the club.Might be someone who comes in that's not been great for their previous club is the point I'm trying to put across, Sp and Ross seem to get players wanting to play for them...Apart from Lewis Hawke  that is🦅

14 hours ago, mo83 said:

As it stands we have CJ and Rennie who can play striker.Both players are decent enough but I'd think sp would be hoping to bring in 2 strikers.Can see 1 in on loan and hopefully the other on a contract.Cant think of anyone right now but am sure he will get someone in that is decent. I always think back to the signing of Paddy Cregg,when he first came in I was thinking wtf going on here he was getting slated by the Forfar fans and had hardly kicked a ball in  months,turned out to be an excellent signing for the club.Might be someone who comes in that's not been great for their previous club is the point I'm trying to put across, Sp and Ross seem to get players wanting to play for them...Apart from Lewis Hawke  that is🦅

I hope we do get a couple of strikers in, by hook or by crook as I don't want to be reliant on CJ or Rennie for an entire season

3 hours ago, broomiesniper said:

I hope we do get a couple of strikers in, by hook or by crook as I don't want to be reliant on CJ or Rennie for an entire season

Am sure we will 😉

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Is you boys streaming done through pixellot?

Unlike yours from Gayfield last time round which was done through a shoogly iPhone from somewhere on pitch side.  I never claimed my tenner back, so that the Mo got their fiver out of it but the streaming fiasco made an unenjoyable experience that much worse. Hoping for better coverage at least this time round.

Come on ye Mo!