Mighty Montrose FC Thread

I am a season ticket holder and know hee haw about this. How were people told about it?
On another note, in the Courier article on Mochrie and Dillon, did anyone else cringe at the reference to "the 'Trose"? If you know diddly squat, why parade your ignorance?
Sure all season ticket holders and selected others were sent an email last week.

36 minutes ago, VillaKnollBoy said:
13 hours ago, Brummo said:
I am a season ticket holder and know hee haw about this. How were people told about it?
On another note, in the Courier article on Mochrie and Dillon, did anyone else cringe at the reference to "the 'Trose"? If you know diddly squat, why parade your ignorance?

Sure all season ticket holders and selected others were sent an email last week.

I'll check my spam, just in case it's been diverted.

Nae luck finding the email but came across this on the Falkirk v Montrose thread... I suggest keeping your powder dry and then giving the poster both barrels, should the result favour the Mo on Saturday.

"Every big game Falkirk have had in the last 3 seasons we've lost, so I'm not at all confident. It shows how dreadful M&M really are when you expect to lose a game at home to Montrose. "

2 hours ago, Brummo said:

Nae luck finding the email but came across this on the Falkirk v Montrose thread... I suggest keeping your powder dry and then giving the poster both barrels, should the result favour the Mo on Saturday.

"Every big game Falkirk have had in the last 3 seasons we've lost, so I'm not at all confident. It shows how dreadful M&M really are when you expect to lose a game at home to Montrose. "

So, if Montrose win, you are suggesting giving whoever posted that quote pelters because, errr, he was correct in his prediction?

Or are you getting precious because the inference is that Montrose are a smaller club than us, and we should not be expecting to lose at home against you? Or that a large section of our fanbase are unconvinced at best by M&M? Bit weird, as those are kind of self evident things? None of these things are a slight on MFC. They are a slight on M&M.

It's football, anything can happen, and yes, we know fine well we are only down here because of our own sustained incompetence, before anyone jumps in. But it's simply a fact we should not be going into a game at home to Montrose FC expecting to lose, no matter how hat-tippingly well you have performed over the last 2 or 3 years.

On 18/03/2021 at 08:28, Brummo said:

Give the poster both barrels for predicting right 😆 I don't think you've thought this through have you?  

On 17/03/2021 at 21:28, Aidan said:
On 17/03/2021 at 05:11, VillaKnollBoy said:
Was going to upload them Aidan, but P&B doesn't support the format that I have downloaded them as.
Option One, is all blue, one for the traditionalists, while Option Two has Denmark 1986 vibes about it.
I am sure your vote would be cast for the latter!

I've had them sent to me and I much prefer option 2.

They were sent to me as well. I originally preferred the traditional all blue number but I'm gradually coming around to the blue and white effort.

It's kinda continental, like something that an obscure German or Dutch team would rock.

I'd be equally happy with either, though I hope that we continue with a black away kit.

40 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I posted this in the cup forum, but I'll put it here too in case anybody misses it.

Thanks was hoping to watch the highlights after following the score online. 7 goals must be good for the confidence! Chance for a few more on Saturday

Not the best performance yesterday from Montrose .Aaron Lennox with a few howlers,did he sign a new contract when they were getting dished out a few week's back?I wouldn't keep him another season pretty sure their is better out their,came with a good pedigree but doesn't fill me with confidence at all.How much are we crying out for an out and out striker have been for a few seasons,once we do find one that's when we can kick on to the next level in my opinion.

22 minutes ago, FlemyFFC said:

Hi guys.

Managed to speak with new signing Robbie McGale on the phone ahead of his move and you can read it here:

https://brignews.com/2021/03/30/stirling-uni-star-robbie-mcgale-completes-loan-move-to-montrose/

Thanks.

Good article thanks for sharing that, Hope he turns out just as good as Lyons and Quinn.

Just now, FlemyFFC said:

Cheers mate!

Excellent production line down at Stirling Uni.

looks like it indeed!Whats the new lad strengths and weakness's a take it you have seen him play quite often. 

4 minutes ago, mo83 said:

looks like it indeed!Whats the new lad strengths and weakness's a take it you have seen him play quite often. 

I have watched almost all of his home games and some away games as I do the match reports and media for them.

He is lightning quick, and has really impressive dribbling too playing as a right-winger this season with lots of direct running at his full-back. However, he was played at right wing back a couple of times and his defending let him down a few times.

I expect him to be decent though!