Mighty Montrose FC Thread

Disappointing result today. Truly awful coverage made it difficult to gauge how the game went. Clearly Arbroath are a decent team and they seemed to boss things more towards the end.

However poor coverage, buffering due to internet issues and my phone which was casting to the tv, shutting down with two minutes to go and no adapter to hand all made for a lousy evening's viewing. :(

First half played away okay and unlucky to be 2-1 down.Second half not really at the races and arbroath were the better team,camera angles etc weren't great to watch the game but better than nothing and ill get my £10 back so no loss their.

On 11/10/2020 at 13:42, Gaz FFC said:

How much are Montrose FC charging for Saturday's PPV effort?

On 11/10/2020 at 15:07, Aidan said:
On 11/10/2020 at 13:42, Gaz FFC said:
How much are Montrose FC charging for Saturday's PPV effort?

£10 I would think

£12.50. Glad I asked

Didn't want to have to put up with trolling from Falkirk fans, so posting here.

Thought Montrose played not bad yesterday. Against one of the supposedly better teams they competed for most of the game. Mochrie looked promising, even if he did occasionally lose possession.

They certainly seemed up for it and on another day it could have gone Montrose's way. 

It was sore losing in the manner they did but hopefully a bit more sharpness in front of goal will see more by way of reward from the tidy passing game and good movement we saw against Ross County and again yesterday.

I thought Cove's defeat of East Fife was ominous but on yesterday's showing, I would hope we can take points of any of the other teams in the course of the season. Hope our first league win won't elude us for long. 

• 2 weeks later...
Still is. That's a great signing. Petrie kens how to build a squad, can see you boys challenging for the play-offs again.
I reckon we'll be up there too. Rennie should hopefully bring in goals, if Waddell is fully fit he should improve our defence and if Cochrane is as good as the hype suggests he should be a big upgrade in the middle of the park.

Cochrane undoubtedly has talent, he has shown that at Hearts and did well with us on loan last season. This can potentially be a terrific signing in League One, however he’s not the most physical player and the game could often pass him by. He is neat and tidy on the ball and on a plastic pitch he might be a very useful player to have in a 3-man midfield.

It’ll be interesting to see how Cochrane works out. Our last loanee from Hearts came with a bit of an “I’m too good for this” attitude and struggled .. until he realised he really wasn’t and came on to a game as he was told a few hard truths. By seasons end he was working harder and playing better than he probably had before and maybe since. If I was Cochrane I’d be thinking this is last chance saloon .. going from budding superstar .. to limited appearances .. to loan to the Championship ... to loan to L1. I’m hoping things work out for him and us. One thing’s for sure .. he’ll be given every opportunity by SP and the team.

Tuesday's Betfred Cup game against Montrose will be only £5!

Please note that there will be no matchday magazine for this match.
As always, VOD replay will be available so if you can't watch the game at the time, you will be able to watch a replay within 24 hours.

Stirling Albion v Montrose - Bet Fred Live Stream Log in

3 hours ago, Binos Info said:

Tuesday's Betfred Cup game against Montrose will be only £5!

Please note that there will be no matchday magazine for this match.
As always, VOD replay will be available so if you can't watch the game at the time, you will be able to watch a replay within 24 hours.

Stirling Albion v Montrose - Bet Fred Live Stream Log in

Thanks for the heads up.

Good value. Won't be watching it at 3.00 am local time here but hope to watch it "as if live" later using VOD.

• 4 weeks later...