GableEnder21

Mighty Montrose FC 2020/2021

1 minute ago, DundeeUnited9999 said:

Cheers, no sure i completely understand it lol, is it good ? 

Its "percentile" rated. If the bar is above 5.0 then hes better than 50% of those hes being compared against. Green = above average. red = below average, yellow = best in the league. Bottom graph is just showing what direction his passes go.

For "progressive runs" he scored 10, because hes the best in the league at it. Done quite a lot of these and its only the best attacking midfielders in the league who are all green in the "creative" section.

In short, aye, its a very good profile for an attacking midfielder.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its "percentile" rated. If the bar is above 5.0 then hes better than 50% of those hes being compared against. Green = above average. red = below average, yellow = best in the league. Bottom graph is just showing what direction his passes go.

For "progressive runs" he scored 10, because hes the best in the league at it. Done quite a lot of these and its only the best attacking midfielders in the league who are all green in the "creative" section.

In short, aye, its a very good profile for an attacking midfielder.

thats really cool, where do you get the base data? Whyscout or something ? 

Just now, DundeeUnited9999 said:

thats really cool, where do you get the base data? Whyscout or something ? 

Yeah WyScout.

Came on here to read the comments about bursting Cove's bubble, but no one has mentioned it.... ??!

Thoughts?

personally love a Webby goal, anytime, and delighted if Rusty is finding form this season.... fingers crossed....

1 hour ago, maz1974 said:

Came on here to read the comments about bursting Cove's bubble, but no one has mentioned it.... ??!

Thoughts?

You are asking Scottish football's most outspoken fanbase? (said no one ever - except me just now, obviously)

On 10/12/2020 at 10:04, maz1974 said:

delighted if Rusty is finding form this season.... fingers crossed....

He sure is.  Keep your fingers crossed for the rest of the season.

Anyone know the whereabouts of the “Lesser Spotted Hawke”? Seems to have disappeared like sna aff a dyke.
Hamstring injury. Think it was picked up v. Stirling Albion in the Betfred.

Mention of Tezza reminds me that it was his Testimonial season before it was truncated by Covid-19. We must not forget that. As fans and the Club themselves we can wait a while to see how things pan out this season but we need to think of something like an online Testimonial where we can still contribute even if we can't see a game. Time yet but must not forget.

Paul Watson must be getting close to a Testimonial as well.

Meant to say as well that as an exiled fan and not therefore getting to any games this season (except Streaming) I never got around to paying my Supporters Club subs this season. I'll get that sorted after Xmas when funds are (if?) looking better. If you are in the same 'boat' don't forget as the Supporters Club do a great job.

And thirdly while I'm on here, I want to heap praise on two particular players who I'm really chuffed for at present. Rusty McLean I always knew had it in him as I've tracked him for quite a while even before he signed for us. He deserves great credit for his recent form after a frustrating time - well done Rusty, keep it going mate and that involves 'putting yourself about' on the pitch and showing who's boss! I was going to say you are the next McAllister but I think you are going to be better. Kerr Waddell is the next to heap praise on. His dad told me a while ago how good he was particularly in the air. He's had a hard time in the last year or so but he's now showing us what a great player he is - keep it going Kerr.

Others in the squad of course I don't forget and most get regular praise but it's great to see Webby getting more credit as well. CJ is another one who is a great squad member - never a great goalscorer but his contribution to the team is immense. Don't mean to miss anybody out but I just thought that Rusty and Kerr particularly deserve a lot of praise at this moment. 

And thirdly while I'm on here, I want to heap praise on two particular players who I'm really chuffed for at present. Rusty McLean I always knew had it in him as I've tracked him for quite a while even before he signed for us. He deserves great credit for his recent form after a frustrating time - well done Rusty, keep it going mate and that involves 'putting yourself about' on the pitch and showing who's boss! I was going to say you are the next McAllister but I think you are going to be better. Kerr Waddell is the next to heap praise on. His dad told me a while ago how good he was particularly in the air. He's had a hard time in the last year or so but he's now showing us what a great player he is - keep it going Kerr.
Others in the squad of course I don't forget and most get regular praise but it's great to see Webby getting more credit as well. CJ is another one who is a great squad member - never a great goalscorer but his contribution to the team is immense. Don't mean to miss anybody out but I just thought that Rusty and Kerr particularly deserve a lot of praise at this moment. 

How have Mochrie and Cochrane been?

14 hours ago, clanger165 said:
16 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

How have Mochrie and Cochrane been?

Both young lads took a little while to settle into L1 first team football where there are a lot of very 'streetwise' opponents even if some (but not all) have seen better days. Chris and Harry have both adjusted well now though and certainly benefit from the early learning curve especially playing alongside experienced pros like Sean Dillon, Ross Campbell and Paul Watson. With Stewart Petrie as Mamager as well with his guile and tactical nouse especially his use of subs, I doubt if there is a better place for Chris and Harry to be at present. They are getting game time but being used carefully which means not being flogged to death or under-used either. What I would not like to see is them going to a club where they just warm the bench or go back to reserve team football. That will be no good for them - look at Blair Lyons our silmilar outstanding young 'find' last season - he's simply warming a bench every week at Plastic Whistle and didn't even get on the pitch against us recently except in the pre-match warm up. To summarise, Chris and Harry are developing nicely and will go on to better things IF THEIR DEVELOPMENT DOES'NT GRIND TO A HALT.

This arrived just now. Really nice but was the original not quite a bit darker than this or is my memory going? Only ever seen a framed one at Links Park so I could be wrong. Snapchat-605335397.jpg