Mighty Montrose FC Thread

Looking forward to getting back into the ground for a game tomorrow,it will be different but we will just have to make do with the new rules etc.

Be good to see Whatley and Brown get some game time to see how they will fit In for the coming season.Not sure if we will have anyone on trial only really looking for Strikers at the moment I would think but you never know.

Yeah I'm looking forward to getting to games again. Don't usually work weekends so I was able to justify purchasing a season ticket but I'm hoping they're able to scrap these allocated entry times soon or I'll not make any mid week games at all[emoji25]

2 hours ago, Brummo said:

Unintended consequences?

I have an issue with this game. If we win it, does this make us the best team in Angus?

If so, will SP think: job done and walk? 

I’m not sure SP is that type of guy. I don’t think he’ll think ‘oh that’s job done I’ll get moving then’ because we haven’t been able to beat them consistently and we’re currently in a lower division than them. But I think we will win 3-2 today.

Unlike yours from Gayfield last time round which was done through a shoogly iPhone from somewhere on pitch side.  I never claimed my tenner back, so that the Mo got their fiver out of it but the streaming fiasco made an unenjoyable experience that much worse. Hoping for better coverage at least this time round.
Come on ye Mo!

A simple yes or no would have been sufficient pal

Unintended consequences?
I have an issue with this game. If we win it, does this make us the best team in Angus?
If so, will SP think: job done and walk? 

Have a day off “brummo”. If you’ve got an issue with the game just bog off will you, let everyone else enjoy it in peace

Was nice to be back at the football and see some of the old faces again. game itself was exactly what you'd expect for the first game back. Aaron Lennox had a good game, hopefully he can keep that up when the real stuff starts.

8 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Was nice to be back at the football and see some of the old faces again. game itself was exactly what you'd expect for the first game back. Aaron Lennox had a good game, hopefully he can keep that up when the real stuff starts.

Pretty pleased with our defensive performance, last season we conceded far too often and I hope this shows we may not let in as many this year. I think Aaron’s confidence got shot to bits at the end of last year and unfortunately I see it happening again. 

Good to be back and wasn't as much hassle as I thought it would be.Played pretty well first half Good move for the goal and well taken by Rennie.Must have had about 7-8 players missing and it showed in the second half when we needed to freshen things up but couldn't.Good workout though and a good competitive game to start off with.

On 25/06/2021 at 21:34, Brummo said:

Unlike yours from Gayfield last time round which was done through a shoogly iPhone from somewhere on pitch side.  I never claimed my tenner back, so that the Mo got their fiver out of it but the streaming fiasco made an unenjoyable experience that much worse. Hoping for better coverage at least this time round.

Come on ye Mo!

Could have done without "The Ena Sharples Experience" either end of the pitch.

cf889e41672629ae7db6b05efc4c82ff.jpg

9 hours ago, mo83 said:

Auf wiedersehen Rusty....Don't hurry back anytime soon.

Do they speak Deutsch in der Blaue Stadt? 

I really liked the Steeves article in the Courier*. I suppose the downside of being such a close-knit club, is that not everyone who joins is necessarily going to feel that they fit in. 

Perhaps this was a factor in Rusty's decision to move on, rather than it simply being about the money.

A few years back, I was resentful about Peterhead's habit of signing our better players for better wages. It is a measure of how much has changed at Montrose FC, that any envy I felt about Peterhead FC, or pretty much any other club has long since evaporated.

That said, I would hope that being close-knit doesn't lead to complacency and an unwillingness to make tough calls when necessary in terms of bringing new faces in and letting familiar ones go.  Difficult balance for sure.

(* see Courier article here.)

Edited by Brummo
Adding link

4 hours ago, Brummo said:

I really liked the Steeves article in the Courier*. I suppose the downside of being such a close-knit club, is that not everyone who joins is necessarily going to feel that they fit in. 

Perhaps this was a factor in Rusty's decision to move on, rather than it simply being about the money.

I still think he left for the money. If you read his Twitter feed I think it gives off the vibe that he settled quite well. 

2 hours ago, Brummo said:

Do they speak Deutsch in der Blaue Stadt? 

A few years back, I was resentful about Peterhead's habit of signing our better players for better wages. It is a measure of how much has changed at Montrose FC, that any envy I felt about Peterhead FC, or pretty much any other club has long since evaporated.

That said, I would hope that being close-knit doesn't lead to complacency and an unwillingness to make tough calls when necessary in terms of bringing new faces in and letting familiar ones go.  Difficult balance for sure.

(* see Courier article here.)

Andrew Steeves is an absolute legend at the club can't see him leaving anytime soon  would be great for him to get to the 10 year mark and get a testimonial.Paul Hegarty first signing for the  club and what a cracker it has turned out to be gives his all every game and is fully committed to the club.

Big rusty their is a player in their but I don't see all the hype about him,when he first signed I had high hopes for him but he struggled to get into the team and was shipped out on loan to Forfar ,a think most fans would agree if we were never to see him again after his loan move it would be no loss.He came back and had a decent enough season this campaign deal was on the table and chose not to sign for whatever reason but my guess would be £££££££££.

Final score from New Central Park (according to  Kelty Hearts Twitter) 

Kelty Hearts 1- 1 Montrose

Callaghan equalised with a last minute penalty after Joe Cardle put Kelty ahead earlier in the second half.

Wasn't there so will leave it to somebody who was to fill in the details.

Glad we got a draw at least, even if it was only a "friendly".

Edited by Brummo
Minus "'s"