Mighty Montrose FC Thread

anyone else a nervous wreck?!
The complete opposite for me. I have complete faith in Stewart Petrie, Ross Campbell and the players to manage this game properly and get through quite comfortably tonight. Hope this doesn't come back to bite me on the arse though.

The complete opposite for me. I have complete faith in Stewart Petrie, Ross Campbell and the players to manage this game properly and get through quite comfortably tonight. Hope this doesn't come back to bite me on the arse though.
Anybody want the lottery numbers?[emoji28]

I thought the Mo played well. Commiserations for tonight but congratulations for giving us fans a terrific season overall in an otherwise horrible year.

League One isn't getting any easier but let's hope we are competing at the top end again next season.

For now, a well-deserved break for the team and a return to normal sleep patterns for me.

Montrose seemed to have little spells where they were on top tonight, but after the first 25 minutes Morton, although they had a fair bit of possession, never really troubled Montrose. Lucky b*st*rd with the last minute winner. Great performance by the Mo.

In a weird way I feel like it's a good thing that I'm annoyed that we haven't gone through. My earlier confidence has been proven to be misplaced but I still absolutely love this team. I said to a couple of Montrose supporting pals earlier that if we didn't win I have a feeling that SP might move on, I really hope I'm wrong again.

Well that's it for another year,nothing but proud of this team some effort again but glad it's over with. Not enjoyed watching it over the TV  it's served it's purpose  now and we should be back in the ground by the time things start up again thank god for that.

As for last night a thought we played away okay and more than matched Morton on the pitch over the 2 games.Kerr waddell was immense same with Terry Masson both were stand outs for me.Not a clue what Flem was doing for the 3rd goal...But il leave it at that a think we all know we need to strengthen the goalkeeper position.A don't think we will see Aaron Lennox again been a big disappointment for me was expecting a lot more from him,costly mistakes over the course of the season and a don't think he will be offered a contract.The core of the squad have signed up again for next season which is brilliant,would love to see Cammy Ballantyne sign on again am sure their is a contract on the table just hope he signs it.Big Rusty done well last couple of games and another who hasn't signed yet,not fussed if he does or doesn't not done enough for me personally but their is a player in their.

Cammy F Ballantyne what a cracking wee player he has been for us big big future for him if he keeps going the way he is,probably won't see him in a Mo shirt again which is disappointing.

8 hours ago, Aidan said:

In a weird way I feel like it's a good thing that I'm annoyed that we haven't gone through. My earlier confidence has been proven to be misplaced but I still absolutely love this team. I said to a couple of Montrose supporting pals earlier that if we didn't win I have a feeling that SP might move on, I really hope I'm wrong again.

"Say it ain't so Joe / Aidan" re. SP departing LP. It wouldn't make sense to me because of the highly unusual circumstances in which this season has been played. I don't think, hand on heart, he could say he has taken this team as far as it could go.

He could quit while he is ahead and nobody would have any complaints but surely there is more to come from this team and SP at the helm?

As Rob1885 pointed out, we have improved since our equally unexpected play-off, against QoS. I want to believe a team like the Mo can compete with minted "ambitious" clubs because I cherish the notion that what has been built up steadily from years of pain, counts for more than what can just be bought with an injection of cash. 

Agree re Terry and Kerr last night, they were taking no shite.... 

Rusty is coming into his own as a holding midfielder, rather than a run onto it striker. Hope he stays and works on that. That said we are then a striker light (nothing new there!).... 

I thought Flem had a lot of safe steady saves/catches but three goals doesn't lie. Altho the 3rd was (sob!) down to a mistake outfield, and anyone who knows me, knows i don't say that lightly ❤️ - That and the fact it was a cross not a strike!

You could pin point any given mistake along the whole season to the eventual outcome overall, but that doesn't benefit anyone and does a disservice to the fighting spirit our boys have shown. One refreshing change is that we have had the breaks with other results / teams doing us a favour a couple of times, especially in the play off results. So if anything that kinda shows that we were maybe punchin a wee bit and it's a blessing really.

Honestly, just so proud of what the club and the squad has achieved this year.... I'm just sad that we miss out on the chance of a 500 fans home game, and a chance to watch them live on the telly...... Woulda been a great way to cap off the strangest season ever!

10 hours ago, Aidan said:

It’s absolutely a good thing we’re disappointed that we didn’t make it through, it’s a testament to how far we have done. I don’t think SP will move on next season, I think he’ll want another crack and we’ll see what happens. I think we need to change the squad a bit though, this squad is not bad but I don’t see us challenging right at the top without taking on some good players. I hear we’re in the running for ex-smokie captain Mark Whatley. Thoughts lads?

36 minutes ago, The Gable Endie said:

It’s absolutely a good thing we’re disappointed that we didn’t make it through, it’s a testament to how far we have done. I don’t think SP will move on next season, I think he’ll want another crack and we’ll see what happens. I think we need to change the squad a bit though, this squad is not bad but I don’t see us challenging right at the top without taking on some good players. I hear we’re in the running for ex-smokie captain Mark Whatley. Thoughts lads?

Good signing for me leader on the park just what you need and want in a player and at a good age too.Heard we were signing Greig Spence too but will wait and see if that happens.

Edited by mo83

Guest Peter LaFleur

What happened to Mochrie at the tail end of the season? Him and Cammy F Ballantyne were always standouts against Falkirk and I noticed he’s been benched for a while. Gutted to see Montrose fall last night, would have loved for you to have been promoted.