Mighty Montrose FC Thread

29 minutes ago, mo83 said:

f**k that Ross is just as important as SP for me,they can take big Tony instead ha ha.

I actually agree with you. I think Ross is the one that does the dirty work for SP. He's the one that does the shouting and takes the rap from officials. A big and important part of the team.

22 hours ago, PortyMo said:

I actually agree with you. I think Ross is the one that does the dirty work for SP. He's the one that does the shouting and takes the rap from officials. A big and important part of the team.

Ross has been great for the club. Heard he’s done a fair bit of talent scouting. Think it was him who got Blair Lyons in from Stirling Uni?

• 2 weeks later...

Pleasing to watch us give a team a doing at long last.  We’ve played some cracking stuff at times but just lacking that killer instinct. Today was much better .. being overly critical it could’ve/should’ve been 10.  What’s the story with Keatings? He’s not offering much .. doesn’t run behind .. doesn’t hold it up for others .. isn’t clinical.  Hopefully, he just needs game time and will come good because a clinical finisher could see us win this league. 

9 hours ago, notsofedupendie said:

Pleasing to watch us give a team a doing at long last.  We’ve played some cracking stuff at times but just lacking that killer instinct. Today was much better .. being overly critical it could’ve/should’ve been 10.  What’s the story with Keatings? He’s not offering much .. doesn’t run behind .. doesn’t hold it up for others .. isn’t clinical.  Hopefully, he just needs game time and will come good because a clinical finisher could see us win this league. 

I thought yesterday was Keatings' best game for us, unlucky with his shot in the first half. Once he gets his first goal there will be more to come I'm sure.

Unsurprisingly after yesterday’s result, more speculation about Petrie’s departure from Montrose, for an apparently soon to be vacant position. I genuinely thought, given Stewart’s full time position in the bank & his hero status at Montrose, I’d never see him in the dugout shouting instructions to the team in black & white stripes, but this time I think things might turn out differently. It’ll be gut wrenching to see him go, but I wish him all the best.

The reason for my pessimism- I’ve just been at Links Park on an unrelated matter & there’s a lot of activity around the boardroom, managed to take a sneaky snap. 

439DA0E2-1D84-4EDD-B340-97E44B05F63D.jpeg.5831a968d7fe390c030ae8f2c4b1afda.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Unsurprisingly after yesterday’s result, more speculation about Petrie’s departure from Montrose, for an apparently soon to be vacant position. I genuinely thought, given Stewart’s full time position in the bank & his hero status at Montrose, I’d never see him in the dugout shouting instructions to the team in black & white stripes, but this time I think things might turn out differently. It’ll be gut wrenching to see him go, but I wish him all the best.

The reason for my pessimism- I’ve just been at Links Park on an unrelated matter & there’s a lot of activity around the boardroom, managed to take a sneaky snap. 

439DA0E2-1D84-4EDD-B340-97E44B05F63D.jpeg.5831a968d7fe390c030ae8f2c4b1afda.jpeg

That the boy from the Stroma?Good Curry he does like.