Mighty Montrose FC Thread

4 hours ago, The Culag said:

Guys on the podcast reckon Keatings will see you 6-10 points this season single-handedly. Over the top or even an underestimation? We know he's a goalscorer but to me I'm not sure if he's had a consistent run now in years...?

Creating plenty of chances, but we don't have a natural goalscorer to take these opportunities, hopefully he will be the missing piece of the jigsaw.

Glad to see the calls answered - I'm sure it's not been for want of trying but still a relief. Even if Keatings is only fit for an hour just now, he's worth a flyer straight in because the cutting edge up front has been AWOL.

Really, really annoying to drop two points today.

We were the better side, even though we seriously rode our luck at times. Our defense, other than for the second goal was as amazing as Falkirk claim their side was poor. Falkirk's defence was kamikaze at times and for stretches of the game, Falkirk weren't at the races.

As for the ref. - from a Montrose perspective, he was lacking in generosity towards us, contrasting markedly with his disposition to the visitors.

Overall good shift by the Mo. Only hope the frustration of today will spur them on next Saturday and we can get a more satisfying result.

Edited by Brummo
No Hi.

Decent performance today but didn't think we were at our best especially in the first half rode our luck a bit which was expected.Second half would say we were the better of the 2 sides up until last 10 minutes we sat back and invited the pressure on us,CJ put in a great shift and felt a bit sorry for him in the end when Falkirk had more of the possession near the end he was running all over the place tryin to force them into a mistake.Clear foul from McKay which the ref waved play on and they go up and make it 2-2.

13 hours ago, notsofedupendie said:

Not even remotely close to what he was before he joined you. What did you do to him?

I'm wondering that myself. We kept getting the usual "he's struggled to adjust to full-time" pish, and never impressed when he did get minutes. Was hoping he'd have a good season with you and kick on back with us. Wouldn't be surprised if he was punted next summer.

On 22/09/2021 at 19:16, The Gable Endie said:

That’s the thing we are making the chances but have absolutely no one who knows how to hit the target.

2 goals from open play, maybe Webby is becoming who we need.....

That extra bit of service from having 4 up front worked?

Noone can really grudge a penalty saved, especially after Milne's honker of a miss last week.

Speaking of penalties.... how can we always seem to be at a disadvantage from the ref, and yet we are on close to a penalty per game?! - it's so confusing!! 

42 minutes ago, broomiesniper said:

Cammy F Ballantyne back for a third loan spell, excellent signing.  Can see Paul Watson's game time severely restricted now.  Very surprised no Championship teams have made a move for him this season.

Great short term loan signing. Will strengthen Montrose. Any more to come in before the window closes? 

12 hours ago, broomiesniper said:

No idea, we are a bit short of cover for full backs, but that’s all it would be….cover 

SP doesn't seem to mind reverting to a back three when called upon, but if it was a long term injury to one of the FB's, then it may prove to be problematic.

The Pars lot are slavering on again about Petrie being perfect at East End Park, if he’s willing to go full-time, and the Board should be beating down his door. Thought I heard he has a good thing going right now at Montrose with part-time and another job, and this was unlikely to be willing to move, any insight?

6 hours ago, TxRover said:

The Pars lot are slavering on again about Petrie being perfect at East End Park, if he’s willing to go full-time, and the Board should be beating down his door. Thought I heard he has a good thing going right now at Montrose with part-time and another job, and this was unlikely to be willing to move, any insight?

I think as Petrie has a strong connection to the club if they came calling he would probably go but only if he has the right structure around him.

The lure of full time football must be a huge pull for anyone involved in the game but Financial reasons and job security must be top priority for someone in SPs position.  Peter Grant is just in the door at Dunfermline and would be due a massive payout if sacked. Dunfermline are a poisoned chalice and would be a massive risk for SP to give up 2 good positions for a crack at full time fitba.