Mighty Montrose FC Thread

1 minute ago, PortyMo said:

Well, we made hard work of that today. Big Annie Lennox MOM for me.

Never got to the game but glad we won and some of the fringe players played well.Any whispers off any new additions heading in the door?

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, The Gable Endie said:

Great signing if true

I was quite pleased when it was announced he would be joining us on a 2 year deal prior to last season ending, however he has barely kicked a ball for Raith since he came in, had a couple of 10 minute spells here and there. A lot of speculation as to whether it's down to attitude rather than lack of ability that he hasn't started for us.

Edited by keyser_soze

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

He's been loaned due to not being fit to train with us so I think we're hoping he gets some games under his belt and back to match fitness for returning to us in January. 

That's my only concern with this signing,he plays well and bangs them in and Jan you lads take him back and we are back searching again....Will worry about January though.

On 29/08/2021 at 17:31, Brummo said:

When I post on this thread it isn't really meant for opposing fans but feel free to visit and get a free education.

On 29/08/2021 at 21:57, lionel wickson said:

What would be the situation if you've actually already been educated in Montrose though?

What if you already got the education and your name's etched into the Dux board? 😎

Edited by FifeSons

1 minute ago, mo83 said:

That's my only concern with this signing,he plays well and bangs them in and Jan you lads take him back and we are back searching again....Will worry about January though.

I'd be more concerned you're getting a crocked player that's, from what our official site is telling us, has been unable to train with our squad due to his body not being strong enough. If he's not fit to train with our squad I fail to see how he can just waltz into Montrose's first team (unless there's something in the loan stating he must play....if that even exists). He's done absolutely zilch in the games he's featured for us which have been predominately coming off the bench but again if he's not been training all week or has been injured in some way that makes sense. Will just have to see how it pans out. Hopefully he can get his mojo back by playing regularly.

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

I'd be more concerned you're getting a crocked player that's, from what our official site is telling us, has been unable to train with our squad due to his body not being strong enough. If he's not fit to train with our squad I fail to see how he can just waltz into Montrose's first team (unless there's something in the loan stating he must play....if that even exists). He's done absolutely zilch in the games he's featured for us which have been predominately coming off the bench but again if he's not been training all week or has been injured in some way that makes sense. Will just have to see how it pans out. Hopefully he can get his mojo back by playing regularly.

Part time training might help, same thing happened with Craig Barr - his body didn't have time to recover in between full-time sessions which led to more injuries. He's had much more consistent periods without injury since going part time. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Part time training might help, same thing happened with Craig Barr - his body didn't have time to recover in between full-time sessions which led to more injuries. He's had much more consistent periods without injury since going part time. 

I'm not sure the in's and out's of full time players going out on loan to part time teams but I was led to believe the player would still train with his parent club on days his loan club weren't training? We've a couple of young boys out on loan at Cowdenbeath and that's what they do - train with both clubs. Wouldn't suspect we'd be happy paying full time wages for a player going fully part time until January. 

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I'm not sure the in's and out's of full time players going out on loan to part time teams but I was led to believe the player would still train with his parent club on days his loan club weren't training? We've a couple of young boys out on loan at Cowdenbeath and that's what they do - train with both clubs. Wouldn't suspect we'd be happy paying full time wages for a player going fully part time until January. 

If he's not been able to train with Raith up to this point then I'd have thought the whole point of the loan would be to see if he can at least do two sessions a week to gain fitness. Doesn't make much sense to ask him to train with two different teams when he's not been able to complete a full week of full-time training. 

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

I'd be very surprised if John Mcglynn said to SP right you can have him but he is crocked,other way about too SP wouldn't touch him if he didn't think he was fit enough to play.Must be 90% fit just not getting the game time he needs/wants.

2 hours ago, mo83 said:

I'd be very surprised if John Mcglynn said to SP right you can have him but he is crocked,other way about too SP wouldn't touch him if he didn't think he was fit enough to play.Must be 90% fit just not getting the game time he needs/wants.

Very much…he’s been getting dribs and drabs, but not showing a cutting edge enough to displace other choices. He’s come close a couple of times, and looks like a decent choice as a poaching CF, if you can get stuff into the maelstrom of the goal mouth. He may regain scoring form, he may not…probably a decent chance to take for Montrose right now.

35 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Very much…he’s been getting dribs and drabs, but not showing a cutting edge enough to displace other choices. He’s come close a couple of times, and looks like a decent choice as a poaching CF, if you can get stuff into the maelstrom of the goal mouth. He may regain scoring form, he may not…probably a decent chance to take for Montrose right now.

That’s the thing we are making the chances but have absolutely no one who knows how to hit the target.

28 minutes ago, The Gable Endie said:

That’s the thing we are making the chances but have absolutely no one who knows how to hit the target.

This....Missed a poacher since Templeman left never had no one like him.