Mighty Montrose FC Thread

3 hours ago, Brummo said:

Match Report on Kelty game now available on club website for anyone interested or bored...https://montrosefc.co.uk/match-details-mm/70-match-details/season-2021-22/2561-kelty-hearts-v-montrose-03-07-21

I think it’s important that we get minutes into all the boys but we’ve got to be making a couple of loan signings now as we were second best against Cove 2.0 on Saturday.

Moving the deck chairs around?

Looked at the BBC website at the ins and outs and was struck by how our players will be largely playing the same players as last season, only that some of them will be in different teams. It seems like shuffling the pack in the hope that a different combination will work better. I can't tell from what has been announced if the standard is going to be higher or lower than last year but looking forward to things getting going again with the cup match against Brora on Saturday. 

Along with the usual suspects, also thrown into the mix are the loan players and one or two additions from other leagues which could make things a bit more interesting. 

Overall I am pleased the Mo have a more settled squad which should in theory be an advantage since they should be gelling from the start. We have had some excellent loan players these past few seasons. Really hope we can get some real quality youngsters in addition to Lyons to give a bit of extra spark to what we already have.

Edited by Brummo
Trying to fix link

16 minutes ago, A Username With Mo In It said:

Had a look at this and it seems crazy that after a fairly successful season and reaching the playoff final, Airdrie have shipped out 19 players!!

I think all their best players got snapped up by Championship teams. Gives us a bit more of a chance in an increasingly monetised league.

Solid performance from the Mo today passed the ball about really well and never really looked in trouble at all, on to Forfar now Tuesday night hopefully we can get in to see the game.

34 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Solid performance from the Mo today passed the ball about really well and never really looked in trouble at all, on to Forfar now Tuesday night hopefully we can get in to see the game.

I think we actually have a good chance in this group, we should beat Forfar and maybe squeeze a couple of points out of dundee and Ross county

52 minutes ago, The Gable Endie said:

I think we actually have a good chance in this group, we should beat Forfar and maybe squeeze a couple of points out of dundee and Ross county

Aye we might do alright in it for once,still just a glorified Pre-season game if you ask me  don't like this cup at all to be honest.

Was nothing more than a pre season friendly. Mo strolled it but the Brora side looked full of teenagers. Mention to the ref who managed the game well, talked to the players throughout and engaged with a bit of banter with the crowd. Makes a pleasant change from the overly officious twats we often get.

Got the four tickets I was after - paid £0.50 handling fee, expecting a "proper"  ticket, but ended up printing them off as a PDF anyway!!!

Apart from that, no problems - really happy that we've now got one game confirmed. Hoping for more: Annan, Hibs, Dundee and Hearts, Rangers or St. Mirren would be fantastic!

9 hours ago, notsofedupendie said:

Seemingly we were allowed 350 last Saturday .. only 250’ish turned up.

My guess is the club will get a maximum stadium allowance, subtract all season tickets, and sell the balance. It might seem wasteful, but not sure how many easier ways there are of doing it without risking turning away ST's, and they've been selling them heavily on guaranteed access. Should be less of a problem come season proper I'd hope.

Good run out tonight against a decent Dundee team and good to see a decent crowd at the game too.

Thought Montrose passed the ball about well enough just  never had enough up top to keep the ball up that end of the pitch.Still think we need a striker or two before the start of the season,we are fine everywhere else in my opinion.

Last mention to Kerr Waddell tonight thought he played really well our MOTM for Me 100%.Lazy challenge near the end when he nailed Mcmullan could have seen red for that on another day. 

8 hours ago, mo83 said:

Good run out tonight against a decent Dundee team and good to see a decent crowd at the game too.

Thought Montrose passed the ball about well enough just  never had enough up top to keep the ball up that end of the pitch.Still think we need a striker or two before the start of the season,we are fine everywhere else in my opinion.

Last mention to Kerr Waddell tonight thought he played really well our MOTM for Me 100%.Lazy challenge near the end when he nailed Mcmullan could have seen red for that on another day. 

I think SP is trying to make a striker out of Lewis Milne or is just trying to play him higher up. I think we missed Cammy Ballantyne at the back but it’s good to see Matty Allan getting some minutes. I think we passed the ball ok but lost it too often. CJ had a good cameo at the end and I would like to see us play him with Rennie in the league like the good ‘ol days. My MOTM has to go to Seagull as he had just one of those performances. Hopefully he can keep it up in the league for once.