Mighty Montrose FC Thread

Absolutely delighted to get Blair Lyons back on loan, excellent signing for the club along with Mark Whatley 2 really good additions to the squad. If we can get Cammy to sign again that would be brilliant and the last piece in the jigsaw for me.Big rusty if he signs then fair enough but if he doesn't not overly fussed.

What’s the story with Cammy and Rusty? Have they got other offers on the table?

3 hours ago, notsofedupendie said:

What’s the story with Cammy and Rusty? Have they got other offers on the table?

I would think that must be the case with them yeah.

SP said that offers had been made to both players.  If Morton are in for Rusty I can see him moving on, but is he Championship material?  He definitely needs replaced, Rossco and Rennie are good enough as back up (just) but need an out and out goalscorer, however not easy to find.

9 hours ago, broomiesniper said:

SP said that offers had been made to both players.  If Morton are in for Rusty I can see him moving on, but is he Championship material?  He definitely needs replaced, Rossco and Rennie are good enough as back up (just) but need an out and out goalscorer, however not easy to find.

I rate Rennie more than Rusty. Just give him time, he’s been injured a lot recently after all.

Undoubtedly Russell is a player, he clearly needs confidence to perform. The player that got loaned out to Forfar, was not the same player that played for us last season. Goals breed confidence and without his injury, I am sure that teams other than Morton, would be interested in him.
Hark back to our League Two title winning season, a long midweek trip for Peterhead to Annan. Talisman McAllister gets injured early doors and is replaced by Rusty. This assists our charge for the league title, or so I thought. Big Russell scores a hat trick as the Blue Toon come back up the road with a point in a 3-3 draw, which as we know, was to no avail for them.
I for one would like him to sign a new contract.

I rate Rennie more than Rusty. Just give him time, he’s been injured a lot recently after all.

Martin is an enigma wrapped up in a conundrum .. I know that’s bollocks but .. he has talent and a cracking left foot .. but he’s been awful since he returned and was poor prior to his move to Ireland. Don’t forget he couldn’t get a game for us at that point. Unless there’s something going on behind the scenes that we don’t know about I’m struggling to understand why he’s still on the books.

Rusty is a lazy so and so .. possibly because at 10 foot tall he didn’t have to do much to score when he was a kid. That said, his goals to attempts ratio is impressive and is why Morton are looking at him, I assume. If he could motivate himself enough to start dishing it out to centre halves .. he’s way too soft for a centre forward ... he’d be every bit as good as Lyndon Dykes.

So, if I had to choose between the two right now I’d go for Rusty.

Ideally, both stay and Martin rediscovers his mojo.

40 minutes ago, VillaKnollBoy said:

Undoubtedly Russell is a player, he clearly needs confidence to perform.

This. He looked all at sea for quite a while after arriving but has improved a fair chunk since coming back from that Airdrie injury (lucky not to have a broken leg that day) and he's still young. We're a striker light IMO even if he stays, so would much rather keep him if possible.

Edited by Scorge

Just as mentioned, when Rusty arrived at the Mo, he seemed a bit useless, he’s come a long way since and has slotted some brilliant goals, notably against Morton.

Blair Lyons, what an addition that is, sadly just a loan.

Totally agree about Martin Rennie, where’s his talent gone, half the time he’s looking fukked 

Cammy would be a great loss.

Rusty has scored a few screamers. Rennie has slotted in a few. His free kick against Raith and the opener in the new year game against the Smokies were both superb.

I can't see that there's any lower league strikers out there that we can sign who would be better then either of them.

19 hours ago, Paul Kersey said:

Rusty has scored a few screamers. Rennie has slotted in a few. His free kick against Raith and the opener in the new year game against the Smokies were both superb.

I can't see that there's any lower league strikers out there that we can sign who would be better then either of them.

I saw the goal against Raith, what a belter, defied the laws of physics.

Rusty turned into an excellent signing

Perhaps a weird question, but how does Aidan Quinn look in terms of being a CB moving up a level?

Him and Kerr Waddell came out pretty well when I had a look for a certain type of CB under a certain age. Feel like its maybe skewed by how Montrose play though.