Mighty Montrose FC Thread

3 mistakes, cost us 2 games. I know seagull isn’t the best but i don’t see him making some of the handling howlers Lennox has made. Uphill battle for playoffs Sp’s got to bench him rest of season end of. Also pretty pissed  about the second half performance, clearly thought we had won it.

22 minutes ago, GableEnder21 said:
23 minutes ago, notsofedupendie said:
Yet another Lennox fkk up. Time for him to be punted. Suspect that may just have cost us a top 5 spot.

Could agree more. Get him to f**k! Also agree that he has cost us top half position nevermind play offs

Have to admit being a goalie is up there with being a drummer or a football referee with jobs I really wouldn't fancy. In seconds you go from hero to sub-zero.

I didn't watch all the second half but from what I did see, Airdrie had the upper hand. Really disappointing to see a two goal lead and two points frittered away in that manner. Collosal improvement needed for the remaining games. The only crumb of comfort I take from today is that I fully believe the Mo can and should be playing better than they have been of late. 

I actually feel sorry for the keeper. He was fairly solid most of the game and made a cracking save not long before the goal which will be forgotten. Looks a tough run in for Montrose now which makes it more disappointing for you.

Aaron Lennox fills me with no confidence at all,much prefer Fleming in the sticks i thought he would turn out to be a decent keeper for us but its just no happened and its time for him to leave at the end of the season unfortunately.

2 hours ago, The Marly said:

Noticed Cammy Ballantyne scored a lovely goal for you on Saturday. How has he been doing in general?

Good, his physicality has improved a lot, one of the best technical players on the pitch just needs a wee bit more experience I would say.

5 hours ago, Arnold Layne said:

Really?

Maximum points available: 

Falkirk 37,

Cove Rangers 34,

Partick Thistle 33,

Airdrieonians 29,

Montrose 30,

East Fife 30.

Are you with me so far?

The scenario envisaged is if Montrose win one of their remaining league games before the split, resulting in a points total of at least 27. This will not necessarily impact Falkirk, Cove and Partick Thistle making the split.

However if East Fife win both their matches, Airdrieonians will be on 26 points. If East Fife win against Peterhead  and draw against Airdrieonians, they will finish on 28 points and Airdrie on 27 points.

The fifth place will then be down to goal difference or whatever measure is being used to separate teams on the same number of points.

Should East Fife win on Saturday,  they and Airdrieonians could play out a 0-0 draw on Tuesday night and both make the split, however that would mean the latter relying on having a better goal difference than Montrose. If Montrose win by more goals than the goal difference in their other match, unless the goal difference is exactly cancelled out, Montrose will definitely clinch the top five spot.

If East Fife win against Peterhead but lose to Airdrieonians, they will be on 27 points but they would have to overturn an existing goal difference of 6 to make the cut.

That was a waste of time, wasn't it?

Edited by Brummo
"ir"

Really?

Pretty much. In simple terms .. East Fife play Airdrie in their last game so one or the other will drop points. If Airdrie win they move to 29 .. if Fife win their other they move to 27 (with a 6 goal deficit on us). If Fife beat Airdrie then Airdrie finish on 26. One win for us and we go to 27.

2 minutes ago, notsofedupendie said:

Pretty much. In simple terms .. East Fife play Airdrie in their last game so one or the other will drop points. If Airdrie win they move to 29 .. if Fife win their other they move to 27 (with a 6 goal deficit on us). If Fife beat Airdrie then Airdrie finish on 26. One win for us and we go to 27.

Yes, but if it's a draw, Montrose could lose out on goal difference, if we get totally horsed in our other game.

6 hours ago, Brummo said:

Maximum points available: 

Falkirk 37,

Cove Rangers 34,

Partick Thistle 33,

Airdrieonians 29,

Montrose 30,

East Fife 30.

Are you with me so far?

The scenario envisaged is if Montrose win one of their remaining league games before the split, resulting in a points total of at least 27. This will not necessarily impact Falkirk, Cove and Partick Thistle making the split.

However if East Fife win both their matches, Airdrieonians will be on 26 points. If East Fife win against Peterhead  and draw against Airdrieonians, they will finish on 28 points and Airdrie on 27 points.

The fifth place will then be down to goal difference or whatever measure is being used to separate teams on the same number of points.

Should East Fife win on Saturday,  they and Airdrieonians could play out a 0-0 draw on Tuesday night and both make the split, however that would mean the latter relying on having a better goal difference than Montrose. If Montrose win by more goals than the goal difference in their other match, unless the goal difference is exactly cancelled out, Montrose will definitely clinch the top five spot.

If East Fife win against Peterhead but lose to Airdrieonians, they will be on 27 points but they would have to overturn an existing goal difference of 6 to make the cut.

That was a waste of time, wasn't it?

1 hour ago, notsofedupendie said:

So, not guaranteed then. Which was my point. Thanks.

On 14/04/2021 at 04:12, Brummo said:

On 14/04/2021 at 09:01, notsofedupendie said:

if Fife win their other they move to 27 (with a 6 goal deficit on us).

19 minutes ago, Arnold Layne said:

And your point is caller?

Your team played really well tonight. Can you not just enjoy that without coming on and making another petty, pedantic comment? It seems not. Cf. my earlier response.

Edited by Brummo
Typos