Mighty Montrose FC Thread

23 hours ago, The Gable Endie said:

Montrose playing very poorly, 2 goals that should never have been. Paul Watson is lucky to still be in the field, he got a red card for the exact same tackle against Arbroath once. In my opinion he’s not good enough for us now and I wouldn’t renew his contract personally.

It is interesting that in the past couple of seasons or more, things have been so positive at LP that unlike other clubs, where carping about mistakes, poor team selection etc. are more the rule than the exception, the Mo forum tends to be more of a "love in"! Of course, the bubble has to burst some time and I have been wondering how long this charmed existence will last. It is after all inevitable that in the course of time, players will fall off the pace, even those who once formed the bedrock of the team. Sanny quit while he was ahead and is held in the highest regard as a consequence. I suppose that with Paul Watson's recent performances, it would be excellent if this were just a rough patch that he could get over. However if he is toiling for whatever reason; in the light of the fact that he has been a significant part of the Mo's success story to date, it would be good if he and others were shown a bit of grace, rather than moaned about. That is just my opinion but I really do cherish supporting a club which seems to have such an excellent team spirit and after so many years of misery: happy and positive supporters!

Re. the game itself...

I was only able to watch some of the game yesterday and concede it was a bit of a tussle and not pretty to watch. I felt the Mo did well to recover from the penalty that was given and the one that wasn't, together with the Broch's second goal. Of course, as the higher ranked team, they were expected to have enough in the tank to bounce back and they did. Getting through to the next round was what mattered and that was mission accomplished.

I remember following the Dons when I lived up in Aberdeen as a teenager, during their Cup Winners Cup, all too short-lived, glory days. I witnessed more than a few truly terrible to watch 2-0 wins at Pittodrie. They just had a team that could eke out wins regardless: having McLeish and Miller at the back certainly helped. 

Petrie has put together a strong squad, capable of grinding out results, even when playing below par. I just hope that this truncated season gives them enough time to get firing on all cylinders and fulfill more of its potential.

Any news on Kerr Waddell's injury?

Happy Easter!

Edited by Brummo
Mair guff and havers

3 minutes ago, Brummo said:

4th round draw: Killie away.

Would have liked an easier tie. There don't appear to be any easier ties for the "lower league" teams. Och well: David and Goliath and all that...

A couple of weeks ago I would’ve been happy with that tie with them in free fall, not so happy now with them thumping some decent teams. Hopefully we give a good account of ourselves and it would be a dream to get to the Quarters

Any news re. Kerr Waddell's injury?

Am I alone in finding the official website a pain to navigate around? I have suffered in silence for years: as I tap on "report" only to see the next window in the rotating series appear. I feel like I am doing the modern day equivalent of the "switchies*" (*showing my age!) plastic duck shooting gallery, with a very dodgy air rifle.

I wonder if the site could do with a revamp? Credit where it is due to the webmaster. The content is really good and if is regularly updated so my gripe is but a small one. Does anyone else have suggestions how it could be improved?

5 hours ago, Brummo said:

Any news re. Kerr Waddell's injury?

Am I alone in finding the official website a pain to navigate around? I have suffered in silence for years: as I tap on "report" only to see the next window in the rotating series appear. I feel like I am doing the modern day equivalent of the "switchies*" (*showing my age!) plastic duck shooting gallery, with a very dodgy air rifle.

I wonder if the site could do with a revamp? Credit where it is due to the webmaster. The content is really good and if is regularly updated so my gripe is but a small one. Does anyone else have suggestions how it could be improved?

It needs to be said that our website is better than some in the Premiership, just for the reason it is easy to navigate. Apart from that it’s ugly, the club never gives us information. It seems we can only find out how long a player may be out for when they interview SP, but even then it would be nice to see it on paper, or should I say electronic visual display!

On 05/04/2021 at 01:47, Brummo said:

Why suffer in silence? Just let me know if you have any issues and I will do what I can to help.

I'm not much of a mobile phone user so I don't always see issues that mobile users may experience so it's helpful if people let me know. I've had a wee look just now on my phone and I can see that it's easy to tap the arrow button whent trying to hit the report button. One suggestion may be to turn your mobile sideways which, like many other webites will give a better viewing experience of the site as the software is designed so that the best view is in landscape mode.

I do have plans for a full site update/rediesign sometime in the future, but this involves literally hundreds of man hours and this is probably best not done while the season is in full swing, so I guess it's just watch and wait at the moment. In the meantime, keep passing on any problems/suggstions & I'll do what I can to help ;)

5 hours ago, montrosefc said:

Why suffer in silence? Just let me know if you have any issues and I will do what I can to help.

I'm not much of a mobile phone user so I don't always see issues that mobile users may experience so it's helpful if people let me know. I've had a wee look just now on my phone and I can see that it's easy to tap the arrow button whent trying to hit the report button. One suggestion may be to turn your mobile sideways which, like many other webites will give a better viewing experience of the site as the software is designed so that the best view is in landscape mode.

I do have plans for a full site update/rediesign sometime in the future, but this involves literally hundreds of man hours and this is probably best not done while the season is in full swing, so I guess it's just watch and wait at the moment. In the meantime, keep passing on any problems/suggstions & I'll do what I can to help ;)

Thanks,

You highlighted the main problem I have, which is just the close proximity of the report button and the arrow advance. It can be a bit frustrating.

I think it might be the case that most people nowadays are accessing the site from mobile devices, so that is worth bearing in mind for future updates of the site.

Otherwise, I find the website helpful. I particularly like the addition of the Twitter feed.

Thanks again for maintaining it.

Edited by Brummo
Brevity

Only three games to go until the split. Three hard games against teams sitting 2nd, 4th and 5th.
All teams capable of taking points off of one another so it's going to be nip & tuck to see who gets into the top 5.

Only three games to go until the split. Three hard games against teams sitting 2nd, 4th and 5th.
All teams capable of taking points off of one another so it's going to be nip & tuck to see who gets into the top 5.

Have the feeling that Saturday is a must win for us. Anything else will leave us wide open to ending up 6th. Too many draws in the last 6 games has cost us big time. Been poor v Clyde, Fraserburgh and last night. That said we usually end seasons well.

9 hours ago, PortyMo said:

I think you are right and the Airdrie game will be crucial for both of us. Two weeks ago I would have been in near despair but two consecutive wins and quite good performances have restored my optimism. I always enjoyed trips to Links Park and think this will be a close run thing. I assume PPV is on the website despite the concerns expressed earlier? Best wishes again to you. 

23 hours ago, broomiesniper said:

I think the website is very good, and yes, the navigation isn't as easy via a mobile than a laptop/PC

Be good if the interviews that appear on facebook/twitter post-match could be added to the website

I'll see if I can fix that. Facebook doesn't like their videos being embeded in external sites, whereas youtube videos are no problem.

13 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I think you are right and the Airdrie game will be crucial for both of us. Two weeks ago I would have been in near despair but two consecutive wins and quite good performances have restored my optimism. I always enjoyed trips to Links Park and think this will be a close run thing. I assume PPV is on the website despite the concerns expressed earlier? Best wishes again to you. 

Direct link to the PPV page https://montrosefc.univtec.com/