Mighty Montrose FC Thread

That is cool. Seriously thinking of getting one myself. 
I bought our black away out from that football nation place. It took about 3 months to arrive but was well worth the wait.
I seem to remember either someone from the club or Football Nation themselves posting about the demand for that black shirt being much higher than they expected but 3 months is a bit of a piss take[emoji23] hopefully with this being limited numbers they'll be on the ball with it and get it sent out asap.
That's my Christmas sorted. Nice one. Probably the best-ever Montrose shirt for me.
I absolutely love it, well before my time but probably the nicest Montrose shirt I've seen. I offered someone a ridiculous amount of money for the original last year and got rejected so this will have to do.

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

I seem to remember either someone from the club or Football Nation themselves posting about the demand for that black shirt being much higher than they expected but 3 months is a bit of a piss takeemoji23.png hopefully with this being limited numbers they'll be on the ball with it and get it sent out asap.I absolutely love it, well before my time but probably the nicest Montrose shirt I've seen. I offered someone a ridiculous amount of money for the original last year and got rejected so this will have to do.

I had to chase them up as well. They guy blamed Hummel.

I'm being a pedantic cünt here, but Ivo is actually rocking the red away kit in the picture above. 

"I'm being a pedantic cünt here, but Ivo is actually rocking the red away kit in the picture above. "

I don't think being pedantic or petty could ever be considered a crime necessitating an apology on this or probably any other football website. This, after all, is surely the natural ecosystem of anoraks and stattos.

I really wanted to get the retro top but none left in a large size. Still have my original but unfortunately i was 13 when I got it and no danger it’ll stretch to fit now! 
I've been able to add a Large to my basket on the Football Nation site just now[emoji848]

I don't know if any of you are interested, or care, but just posting this on of the off chance somebody is.

Ballantyne.thumb.png.619ba17e8f4142dd56250ecc6dac2f9f.png

Just a rough "statistical profile" of Cammy Ballantyne (CM) for this season so far.

First 3 graphs are "percentiles", as in, the longer the bar the better. 

Bottom one is just his passes divided up by % into what type of passes hes making.

Sorry if this is a bit shit/nobody cares.

1 hour ago, DundeeUnited9999 said:

Interesting. Where did you get that? got any more? 

Make them myself, and can do them for any player, if the data is available.

2 minutes ago, DundeeUnited9999 said:

mochrie ? 

Can double check once I'm home from work, but should be fine.

Caveat that you're not really meant to be judging players until they've played 800 mins, so these graphs might change a bit by the end of the season.

42 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

I assume it is the Cammy F Ballantyne (on loan from St.J) your stats are for as we have two Cammy Ballantynes at Links Park. Interesting stats though and worth sharing.

Yeah, trying to keep a sort of track of our loanees statistically, to see how they're comparing to the rest of their division. As I say, its too early to be fair yet (800 mins minimum the usual cut off), and its only meant to provide a quick, basic, idea of a players strengths/weaknesses. Lots of missing context.

Also, @DundeeUnited9999...

Mochriedone.thumb.png.b64a41f54ba61422ab4c9067023e7373.png

Thats Mochrie compared to every CM/LW/RW in League 2, minimum 400 mins (44 players listed). 

He'll likely get better as the season goes on, too. Literally one shot away from being above the "average" for xG/Shots aswell.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, DundeeUnited9999 said:

Cheers, no sure i completely understand it lol, is it good ? 

Its "percentile" rated. If the bar is above 5.0 then hes better than 50% of those hes being compared against. Green = above average. red = below average, yellow = best in the league. Bottom graph is just showing what direction his passes go.

For "progressive runs" he scored 10, because hes the best in the league at it. Done quite a lot of these and its only the best attacking midfielders in the league who are all green in the "creative" section.

In short, aye, its a very good profile for an attacking midfielder.

1 hour ago, maz1974 said:

Came on here to read the comments about bursting Cove's bubble, but no one has mentioned it.... ??!

Thoughts?

You are asking Scottish football's most outspoken fanbase? (said no one ever - except me just now, obviously)