Mighty Montrose FC Thread

New thread for the new season.

Still seems a while away but the Betfred cup draw today provides a bit of excitement. Hopefully we can get a decent draw. Beating St.Johnstone at home last year was definitely the highlight.

Hopefully we will hear about new signings pretty soon although with a squad of 18 already signed up SP may just look at loans last minute.

Edited by GableEnder21

I think I read somewhere that 5 loans are allowed this season, is that right?
I'm pretty sure SP will have already identified potential loan signings.  Would like to see Cammy F return, be interesting to see who, if anyone, can replace Blair Lyons

6 loans allowed now. Hopefully fans are allowed in for our match

Arbroath at home hopefully!A think with the lengthy break this year we might see some good competitive  games.Normally most teams are still trying to sign players etc but I would hope by October we have all our players sp wants to bring in through the door same with everyone else.Am sure the last 2 years  we have  had the sports scientist guy on the bench😜

Fairly ordinary cup draw, but on the slim chance anyone is getting in to watch I'd only bother with a trip to Borough Briggs out of that lot.

We're in a slightly fortunate position of not needing to do too much to the squad and SP will no doubt bide his time before picking out the usual 2/3 loans that fix the mix. As with last season, 6th or 7th is a par score, anything better is a bonus.

Edited by Scorge

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Simon Murray rumoured to be going to Queens Park.  Think he'd have been a useful signing for the Mo, although we have CJ, Rossco, Hawke and Rusty, perhaps a striker isn't top priority
We couldn't never pay the wages he will be getting at Queens Park. He could still play in Prem.

1 hour ago, GableEnder21 said:
2 hours ago, broomiesniper said:
Simon Murray rumoured to be going to Queens Park.  Think he'd have been a useful signing for the Mo, although we have CJ, Rossco, Hawke and Rusty, perhaps a striker isn't top priority

We couldn't never pay the wages he will be getting at Queens Park. He could still play in Prem.

Glasgow businessman Lord Willie Haughey,have a look how much he is worth! That's who is backing this deal....Brilliant signing to be fair

Got sent this from a QoS supporting friend. The Mo going for promotion back in 90/91 a Palmerston.

I liked the way the cameraman had no qualms in calling Rougvie an ugly b*****d ha ha.

7 hours ago, jagfox BLM said:

Got sent this from a QoS supporting friend. The Mo going for promotion back in 90/91 a Palmerston.

I liked the way the cameraman had no qualms in calling Rougvie an ugly b*****d ha ha.

A cracking video with a few well known faces...

I loved it the cameraman shouted at the penalty taker: "you gonna hurry up, my battery's aboot fucked"

Edited by tongue_tied_danny