St Mirren v Celtic

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Greenyins playing in CL qualifier next midweek.

2 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Be some effort for Celtic to play 2 games in 2 days.

All that does is demonstrate I give no fucks about the OF in Europe and didn't know when they were playing.

Shite circumstances and an act of fucking idiocy but after Sunday, I'm OK with this being put on the backburner for several weeks.

A bad defeat on Sunday can be put down to a shite day, two doings in 3 days is harder to get the head around.

Hopefully we get the head down and get some more points on the board before this one comes back around.

25 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Shite circumstances and an act of fucking idiocy but after Sunday, I'm OK with this being put on the backburner for several weeks.

A bad defeat on Sunday can be put down to a shite day, two doings in 3 days is harder to get the head around.

Hopefully we get the head down and get some more points on the board before this one comes back around.

Completely agree. I wasn't looking forward to it at all.

Four full days to prep for Accies now; a far more important game for us in the scheme of things.

5 minutes ago, GAD said:

Can you imagine the reaction if this was the other way round and some St Mirren player had got the Celtic game cancelled? 

Are you seriously suggesting the actions of a St.Mirren player would be more high profile than that of a Celtic player? The majority of the q and a with the first minister today was about Boli. The reaction so far has been huge and been on uk wide news.

Edited by gannonball

Just now, gannonball said:

Are you seriously suggesting the actions of a St.Mirren player would be more high profile than that of a Celtic player? The majority of the q and a with the first minister today was about Boli. 

The reaction would certainly be different.

Hands up I'm absolutely delighted the game is off we need more games under our belt to get up too full speed ibrox was only our forth game since pre-season started. As for Bolingoli find it strange that no one at Celtic knew he popped off to Spain for two days. In saying that I would find it hard  to believe Celtic would allow the player to travel in the first place.  Would be surprised if the club allowed him to wear the Celtic top again. 

Edited by ZingaliMan

4 hours ago, AW saint said:

Simple solution award us the 3 points 

I know you're spoofing here, not a realistic proposition since St Mirren have done nothing to deserve the 3 points. However I can see no reason against the SPFL handing down a -3 point penalty to Celtic (and Aberdeen too) for each game postponed due to these circumstances. 

I can't think of a better method of punishing the clubs whose players ignored the health protocols.

10 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I know you're spoofing here, not a realistic proposition since St Mirren have done nothing to deserve the 3 points. However I can see no reason against the SPFL handing down a -3 point penalty to Celtic (and Aberdeen too) for each game postponed due to these circumstances. 

I can't think of a better method of punishing the clubs whose players ignored the health protocols.

The SFA have given their statement no penalty point deduction.  Personally I dont see why both clubs deserve to be punished or their fans for that matter. This was employees who broke the rules not the clubs.  Internal disciplinary procedures should hammer these players for letting their club and fans down. 

14 hours ago, Wilbur said:

St Mirren have done nothing to deserve the 3 points.

We've obeyed the rules.

(But no, I agree with you, they can't go forcing teams to forfeit games after the fact: they needed to establish that as the boundary in advance. Even then, it'd likely lead to teams attempting to cover up cases and incidences of players breaking the rules, which isn't conducive to controlling/tracing the spread.)

30 mins gone and we are keeping them very quiet. No shots on target for us yet either but perhaps not so surprising.

If we can keep our goal difference similar to what it is now, then that's a result, surely?