St Mirren v Celtic

1 hour ago, rainbowrising said:

"guilty of an error of judgement"

Agent organised quote for 'couldn't give a f**k at the time'.  We need to drop the word 'Professional' from these guys at this rate.  I await someone claiming Sturgeon will now destroy Scottish football as she has always planned.

Sturgeon will now destroy Scottish football as she has always planned. ;)

Edited by Golden Gordon

16 minutes ago, AW saint said:

What rubbish its not her fault but players who cant get their acts together. 

I know it's rubbish, that's why I quoted the OP word for word & didn't launch into a diatribe against the SG, because that is not my firmly held belief.

My thoughts on this is that the game will go ahead, predominantly down to the fact the player hasn't tested positive. The SFA, who must have been working on some way to punish Aberdeen and their players, will extend that out to Celtic and theirs. Celtic and Aberdeen, as clubs, will likely punish the relevant players, while the SG will give a "3rd strike mantra", sounding as harsh as they possibly can without actually pulling the plug.

Edit: So sort of, NS just gave the line, "do not expect the Aberdeen or Celtic games to go ahead this week", so unless I misheard I'd say it will be postponed now.

Edited by Ric

3 minutes ago, greenock saint said:

FM has just said that we should not expect to see Celtic or Aberdeen play for the next week.

But not that we can’t play. I quite fancy us to take at least a point from this one now.

I'll not lie, after our performance against Rangers, I'm not unhappy to see this postponed.

I'd expect this to be played either Wed or Thu next week. St Johnstone/Aberdeen is on Thu but then both play on the Sunday following. We play on the Saturday of that weekend so maybe we'll be shifted back to the Wed.

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

A plucky 1-1 is on the cards.

I have a vision of us kicking off against no opposition and no fans, knocking the ball around at the back for a minute or so, then a long hoof forward to Obika, who miss-controls it and it trickles out for a throw in.  End of action 0-0.