Rangers vs St Johnstone - August 12th

28 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Looking at the stats to this game makes intresting reading. They are very simlour to the Rangers v St Mirren stats. Personally I thought St Mirren's tactics were f'n awful to put it mildly .  Looks the same going stats for the Perth Saints. Not that it makes me feel a whole lot better. 

Rangers almost had twice as many shots from open play against St Mirren than St Johnstone (21 v 11).

39% of St Mirrens game was played in their third, compared to 25% for St Johnstone. 

St Mirren allowed 15 shots inside the box, St Johnstone allowed 7.

St Mirren got 1 shot away inside the box, St Johnstone had 3.

I'm not sure what "stats" you've found that are similar, bar the scoreline, as its quite clear St Johnstone put up more of a fight.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rangers almost had twice as many shots from open play against St Mirren than St Johnstone (21 v 11).

39% of St Mirrens game was played in their third, compared to 25% for St Johnstone. 

I'm not sure what "stats" you've found that are similar, bar the scoreline, as its quite clear St Johnstone put up more of a fight.

Well done to the Perth Saints.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Well done to the Perth Saints.

Its a bit annoying that the games now being portrayed as if we went there, sat back, and just accepted the pumping tbh.

We had three up front and had the best chance of the first half.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The scoreline is the only stat anyone remembers. 

Its pretty obvious Rangers took their foot off the gas after their 3rd goal, but feel free to spin a positive slant on it.

2 minutes ago, Munoz said:

The scoreline is the only stat anyone remembers. 

Its pretty obvious Rangers took their foot off the gas after their 3rd goal, but feel free to spin a positive slant on it.

Of course they did, its also obvious they done eased off in the second half against St Mirren too.

I'm happy to see Saints going to Ibrox, pressing high and trying to win. It took a moment of class to put them ahead, then the second was another moment of class with Aribos pass.

Everything points to St Mirren being beaten before kick off and trying to keep the scoreline down.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

BBC. Let's get one thing straight mate I'm not trying to prove that St Mirren some how played better than you. We were fucking awful really bad. I found it intresting you lost 3 also. Let's say with honking stats also. If you want your stats better I have no problem with that. Going to ibrox or Parkhead will not determine our season. 

For what it's worth, I felt St Johnstone caused us more problems than St Mirren did. The game was more open in the first quarter of the match and St Johnstone could have had 2 goals, definitely at least 1 from the point blank header from Olaofe, was it?

St Mirren had a short spell after half time for maybe 4 or 5 minutes where they drew a save from a free kick but that was about their lot in all honesty.

10 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Does come across a bit two bald men fighting over a brush, although in fairness to RG the initial post was inaccurate. 

We’ll finish comfortably above St Mirren this year (as we have for the last 11 (eleven) seasons,) so being slightly less bad them then is hardly worth shouting about. 

I'm sure you're right. I just found the post in isolation amusing.

50 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

🤣

The real issue is the continued
incorrect use of reckless as being worthy of a red card.

Reckless is a yellow, only if it's dangerous does it become a red.

So many Rangers fans having a meltdown about the referee on twitter. Give me fucking strength. They won 3-0 and more often than not they're on the side of some generous refereeing decision's. 

4 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Exactly. I'd typed a response out to previous response when he said "what if he'd been badly injured" but didn't bother sending. You can say that about most tackles "what if". It's a sport. It was daft but you cant send everyone off for every poor tackle. 

I was equally pointing my wee rant at a few of them crying about a nothing decision at the corner flag and the one where the Rangers player stopped moving on purpose and tried leaning forward to get pushed over. He was blatantly looking for it. Some have even went back and watched the game to make GIFs of the decisions. 

If we'd beat a team 3-0 I'd be absolutely chuffed, watching the goals about 5 times and wouldn't have thought twice about the referee 😂

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

1 hour ago, Steve McQueen said:

What is the difference between a non-dangerous reckless tackle and a dangerous reckless tackle?

Personally, I think the ref probably got away with giving a yellow. It was one of those tackles for me that was 60% Red and 40% Yellow but not a huge controversy.

Referees will judge a foul careless, reckless or dangerous.

Careless is a foul but nfa needed.

Reckless is a more serious foul but not likely to cause an injury, yellow card.

Dangerous is likely to cause an injury, red card.

I think it could be dangerous but reckless is ok.

Probably is worse than McCarts booking but he won the ball in that situation.

What is the difference between a non-dangerous reckless tackle and a dangerous reckless tackle?

Personally, I think the ref probably got away with giving a yellow. It was one of those tackles for me that was 60% Red and 40% Yellow but not a huge controversy.