Rangers vs St Johnstone - August 12th

Aye, despite the scoreline its been pretty positive.
Can see the idea and why the manager wants to play that way. Only worry is we don't create much, but youre judging that on the first game of the season with MOH having a stinker, then an away game at Ibrox.

Positive is, Callum Hendry is looking like he’s learnt the role well and is adding some quality up front.

Just need to prevent this getting out of hand, because everyone will talk about Rangers walking over us, when in actual fact we’ve played pretty well and it’s literally our 2nd competitive game of the season when we’re clearly behind all the other teams. The worry is we need to get up to speed quickly, as we don’t want to get left behind.

On 10/08/2020 at 16:17, Fife Saint said:
On 10/08/2020 at 16:09, RandomGuy. said:
Looked at Rangers heat map against St Mirren to try and find a weak spot.
Screenshot_20200810-160902_Chrome.thumb.jpg.acd13c57e7b830e7cc475c9db54c7211.jpg
emoji38.png

St Mirhun were always going to lie down to their neighbours.

St Johnshun  were always going to lie down to their Tory brothers.

Subs took all the heat our of the 2nd half

For Rangers maybe. We were on course for 5 or 6 nil.

It's another 90 under the belt, results elsewhere could be worse and I'm happy with Tanto and Danny Mac.

I dont think tonight is a fair test for what Davidson is trying to do. There's only so much rope you get though.

Pretty comfortable for us really. We were clinical, Barisic and Kamara were very good and Itten looks like he might have something about him.

St Johnstone were easily the best of the three teams we’ve played so far. Serious top four contender. Can tell they’re well coached.

Is not having a crowd helping us, players able to be more creative without some fans getting on their backs if a move doesn't work or the opponents are frustrating us.

The subs kind of slowed things down a bit.

In the words of Stephen Robinson after a hounding, plenty of positives to take there. I like the new shape and we showed more attacking intent than I’ve seen for a while away at one of the OF. Thought both young strikers looked good coming off the bench. 

St Johnstone started the better of the two teams and I don’t think many would’ve complained if Hendry had found a way past McLaughlin.

But as soon as Barisic scored the opener Rangers looked comfortable without playing particularly great.

As mentioned above, Barisic and Kamara the pick of the bunch. Hagi is getting in the right positions but his control is letting him down at times and needs to do better but that’ll come.

Well that was a game for the manager and not for the fans.  Had we not had 4 subs made at 60 mins that was heading for 5 or 6 but we lost our shape and started going down the right side rather than doing what we did best and using Borna to put balls in to the box.

So 60 mins of football and  30 mins of training.

As far as RTV goes the stream was perfect.  As far as the production goes, David Tanner was much poorer than Emma Dodds and Shelley Kerr was a real asset.  I hope she gets more opportunities during the season.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Well that was a game for the manager and not for the fans.  Had we not had 4 subs made at 60 mins that was heading for 5 or 6 but we lost our shape and started going down the right side rather than doing what we did best and using Borna to put balls in to the box.

So 60 mins of football and  30 mins of training.

As far as RTV goes the stream was perfect.  As far as the production goes, David Tanner was much poorer than Emma Dodds and Shelley Kerr was a real asset.  I hope she gets more opportunities during the season.

Spot on. I don’t think it was a coincidence that 3 of the players he took off were those who’s form dropped the most last January/February.