Rangers vs St Johnstone - August 12th

6 minutes ago, TractorBoy said:

Is this game on Sky or am I going to have to listen to their new biased man? 

Also, do other teams have "legendary" commentators or just these mutants? Failing to see why anyone would think it's a sound financial move

Our home games are rarely televised as we're only allowed 4 of them per season. 

For normal RTV games which are aimed at bears living abroad i think we're sticking with Rangers Tom.

For non sky ppv home games which we're aiming at home and away fans we're using Clive  Tyldesley for a more balanced approach which may appeal to more people. 

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

For normal RTV games which are aimed at bears living abroad i think we're sticking with Rangers Tom.

For non sky ppv home games which we're aiming at home and away fans we're using Clive  Tyldesley for a more balanced approach which may appeal to more people. 

So you think more people will buy a sub based on Tyldesley calling your games? 

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Not quite true.  Tam will do the audio commentary for home games and his normal schtick for RTV away games.  Cive will do the home commentary and that's  available to overseas RTV subscribers, ST holders and £9.99 PPV people.

Obviously the audience will be much higher than before with ST holders getting access and the product was pretty poor quality as was the stream.  There was a clear need to change and it looks like fine.

Edited by The_Kincardine

26 minutes ago, TractorBoy said:

I think it's more the idea that people won't be as likely not to buy an individual game pass, based on the insight that away fans don't want to hear radio staunch doing the commentary. Which is a fair assumption as biased commentary will no doubt be a factor in a lot of people rejecting the service. 

However it's by no means the only reason, so it might not have as big an impact as they think. 

7 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I think it's more the idea that people won't be as likely not to buy an individual game pass, based on the insight that away fans don't want to hear radio staunch doing the commentary. Which is a fair assumption as biased commentary will no doubt be a factor in a lot of people rejecting the service. 

However it's by no means the only reason, so it might not have as big an impact as they think. 

If I'm honest, I think the main motivating factor was that an upgrade of RTV was sorely needed to professionalise the service and Tyldesley was a decent commentator with a decent rep who was available. Same with Emma Dodds.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not quite true.  Tam will do the audio commentary for home games and his normal schtick for RTV away games.  Cive will do the home commentary and that's  available to overseas RTV subscribers, ST holders and £9.99 PPV people.

Obviously the audience will be much higher than before with ST holders getting access and the product was pretty poor quality as was the stream.  There was a clear need to change and it looks like fine.

Never knew that we did audio only, Sunday was the first time that I've used Rtv and I found it pretty decent with very little buffering, tho that might have been on my end.

1 hour ago, TractorBoy said:

Most non bears will probably go for streams tbf but if we're targeting away fans too then it had to be less partisan and more professional. Plus I think we've probably got one of the cheapest prices going at a tenner.

Clive Tyldesley balanced? Aye okay then.

1 hour ago, Bose said:

How long into games does it take Tyldesley to mention 1966? 

He could probably make reference to there being **** playing in both matches before kick off tbf.

Anything respectable given the total lack of game time and injuries we’ve had is a success to me. Rather get minutes in the legs and treat this as a sharpness exercise, cause realistically we’d need a full team and be in form to cause Rangers issues on paper.

1 hour ago, The Marly said:
4 hours ago, bennett said:

Clive Tyldesley balanced? Aye okay then.

Not a fan then?

That bench.

Sinclair, Tanser, Duffy, Ballantyne, Rooney, Robertson, Olaofe. 

Take out Tanser and the other 6 have a combined 13 league games for the club.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That bench.

Sinclair, Tanser, Duffy, Ballantyne, Rooney, Robertson, Olaofe. 

Take out Tanser and the other 6 have a combined 13 league games for the club.

Dearie dearie me.  That's a thin bench against anyone in this league never mind Sevco.

Guess we're certain to see Tanto then, that's something. 

Anything on May's injury?

8 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Stevie May injured, it seems. Looks like the 5-2-3 again.

It was 5-2-3 when Mikey started. Think Conway might be up front. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese
Unable to count up to 10