Motherwell's one stop short holiday

Busta Nut

36 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

I'm assuming they regionalise or split it for travel corridor ease again?

If so, is our pot likely to look something like

Seeds

Spurs

Rangers

TNS

Aberdeen

Motherwell

Unseeded

Lincoln Red Imps

B36 Torshavn

Shamrock Rovers

Coleraine

Bala Town

Although I guess the Welsh teams throw a spanner in that.

that would be very nice. I can feel it in my bones that the Dons are going to draw Faroes two rounds in a row. 

I'm assuming they regionalise or split it for travel corridor ease again?

If so, is our pot likely to look something like

Seeds

Spurs
Rangers
TNS
Aberdeen
Motherwell

Unseeded

Lincoln Red Imps
B36 Torshavn
Shamrock Rovers
Coleraine
Bala Town

Although I guess the Welsh teams throw a spanner in that.

How the f**k are Red Imps not seeded, did they not beat the mighty European Cup winners Celtic

From looking at the teams from ROI and their groupings for the last round of CL and EL, you can see covid travel restrictions are clearly playing a big part in the draws. ROI only have 10 countries they can freely travel to without needing to quarantine and 12/13 teams in their groupings were from those countries.
Don't see any of the Scottish teams getting Shamrock Rovers as a result. They'll be chucked in with the likes of Milan, Rosenborg now.

Speaking about the 3rd Round, If we (hopefully) make it through, then we could get one of the following teams (Excluding the winner of the Rangers Game).

1256532976_3rdroundseeded.png.43f528892c53368047ea6549853a56ac.png

Looking at the list of team, i don't fancy our chances against any of them. The only hope is that we get an undecided fixture and the seeded team gets knocked out. 

50 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Speaking about the 3rd Round, If we (hopefully) make it through, then we could get one of the following teams (Excluding the winner of the Rangers Game).

Looking at the list of team, i don't fancy our chances against any of them. The only hope is that we get an undecided fixture and the seeded team gets knocked out. 

All the fixtures will be undecided as the QR3 is drawn the day after the QR2 draw. If you got someone like LASK, there's more chance they could be knocked out in QR2 then you'd play a lower ranked club. Or you could knock them out, but then you'd be playing one of the seeded clubs (Partizan and above) in the play-off round.

Whereas if you drew Besisktas, they'be be more likely to qualify for QR3 and be harder to beat. But if you did manage it then you'd be playing rewarded by playing one of the unseeded clubs (Liege and below) in the play-off round.

Just getting all our clubs to QR3 would be great, then see what the draw throws up. Whatever happens all our clubs will need to beat a good team to get to the group stage.

Edited by Ginaro

11 hours ago, Ginaro said:

All the fixtures will be undecided as the QR3 is drawn the day after the QR2 draw. If you got someone like LASK, there's more chance they could be knocked out in QR2 then you'd play a lower ranked club. Or you could knock them out, but then you'd be playing one of the seeded clubs (Partizan and above) in the play-off round.

Whereas if you drew Besisktas, they'be be more likely to qualify for QR3 and be harder to beat. But if you did manage it then you'd be playing rewarded by playing one of the unseeded clubs (Liege and below) in the play-off round.

Just getting all our clubs to QR3 would be great, then see what the draw throws up. Whatever happens all our clubs will need to beat a good team to get to the group stage.

This. Motherwell was tied for 50-ish minutes with Glentoran, so let's not get ahead of ourselves worrying about QR3. Hope for the best in QR2 then worry about 3 when it hopefully comes for all 4 teams.

Coleraine have done something we have never done and that is beat a seeded team !

So either Coleraine, Gothenburg or Torshavn 36. Have to think home tie v Faroes side would be the best draw with an away tie at Gothenburg the toughest of the 3. 

Home or away to Coleraine would be no easy task either given they finished above Glentoran and just beat Maribor away. 

Pots have been announced. We can get one of the following

IFK Göteborg

Coleraine

B36 Torshavn

The 2nd Round draw is at 11am tomorrow so you can watch it on the UEFA website. Makes a change from constantly lossing.

I want Coleraine at home. Probably the easiest and we cpuld potentailly knock out both of the Northern Irish cup winners.

The only upside to Gothenburg would be that it would make it a full house v Nordic region, since we have played teams from Finland, Norway and Denmark already. 

Somehow they have only won 2 of 18 games this season. Also only lost 5 ! Mind we could be saying that at this rate. 

Still I remember them as a right good team. Play in an 18,000 seater stadium and won the old UEFA cup twice. 

21 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

How does home/away work? I thought seeded teams automatically got home draws?

As they did in the last round they draw one ball from the seeded pot and one from the unseeded pot, put them in a bowl and then the first team out is at home. 

Just because all 3 Scottish teams were at home in the last round there is a perception that seeds get home ties, thats not the case, its just as likely all of our teams could be asked to travel. 

I recall us playing gothenburg in a friendly circa 1998 and I believe it was one of the worst games I've ever seen.

I think Stefan Lindqvist played that night for an addition connection if we were to draw them which, naturally, I hope we don't as they will be the toughest.

I recall us playing gothenburg in a friendly circa 1998 and I believe it was one of the worst games I've ever seen.

I think Stefan Lindqvist played that night for an addition connection if we were to draw them which, naturally, I hope we don't as they will be the toughest.

Is he not dead?

Just now, tarapoa said:

Interesting choice of flag to depict Coleraine from that official twitter from MFC.

Its not intentional. There isnt a northern ireland emoji flag yet so they have to use a suitable alternative. Dont know why their isnt a northern ireland emoji flag but i assume there are many issues involved with it.